Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 announced

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
JA2 v1.13 isn’t the goal and shouldn’t be. It’s modder autism and has no place in the market.

I’m calling you out CRD suck it.
I don't give a shit about the market, I'm just saying what people who played and kept the name of JA2 alive wanted.

agris

Arcane
Patron
JA2 v1.13 isn’t the goal and shouldn’t be. It’s modder autism and has no place in the market.

I don't give a shit about the market, I'm just saying what people who played and kept the name of JA2 alive wanted.

They are just trying to milk the name and make a simplified version that you can be sure will be later released in consoles b ecause all the game will have in mind controller and modern audiences.
Die in a fire, us strat gamers don’t want your ill conceived bullshit.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire

The Bears Pit is more interested in turning JA2 into some sort of pouch management simulator instead of Commando: the Game. There's a nice wall of text in the source code that outlines why the devs didn't put a massive counterattack at the beginning of the game right after you take Drassen and v1.13 in all its wisdom makes it the default option.

Szioul

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria Pathfinder: Wrath
From the other thread:
Screenshot-20210917-222618.png

Looks like it might have the nuXCOM HP system. :negative:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tropico was a lot of fun

Haemimont Tropico was good mechanically, but they also cut the heart and soul out of it. Tropico was about the Caribbean during the Cold War, but they made it generic. Jagged Alliance is about the whole subculture of mercenaries and bullshitters pretending to be mercenaries writing in Soldier of Fortune magazine in the 1980s. I don't want to be pessimistic, but this again is something that Bulgarians can't possibly understand no matter how much they mean well. And you really need to have experience with French Canadians to fully appreciate "La Malice".

So my guess is this will turn out to be a competent effort at remaking the game mechanically, but without any of the humor of the real thing.

Actually I would say the opposite, Haemimont will probably get the humor and the fluff, but mechanically will be mediocre and I love most of their games, especially the roman city builders.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Looks good. Good 'ol Vicki, Ivan, and Fidel seem like they've retained their characters. Hopefully Biff and his MERC org makes an appearance too so I can recruit librarians and drug addicts and give them guns.

If you want to give horrible people guns, the gay pedophile (redundancy) Fidel is confirmed
No. Really. JA1 he says "Fidel no like dis!" if a woman uses the hand on him while males make him say "I see you later, no?", while JA2 has... this.
Sorry I no contact you sooner. They take Fidel's computer. They say the find files of bad pictures. Is not true. I no know how they get there. Right now is good time for job far away. You come to AIM, we talk.
I wonder if they'll actually mention this in the new game
The deepest lore.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If you want to give horrible people guns, the gay pedophile (redundancy) Fidel is confirmed
No. Really. JA1 he says "Fidel no like dis!" if a woman uses the hand on him while males make him say "I see you later, no?", while JA2 has... this.
Sorry I no contact you sooner. They take Fidel's computer. They say the find files of bad pictures. Is not true. I no know how they get there. Right now is good time for job far away. You come to AIM, we talk.
I wonder if they'll actually mention this in the new game

Shieee never noticed that.

From the other thread:

Looks like it might have the nuXCOM HP system. :negative:

From this pic alone I can say it would be unpayable just as firaxcom or penis project which tend to waste a lot of player's time with unnecessary camera jumps, which of course double or triple gameplay time, which devs like so much haha.

Lexx

Cipher
I wonder if the icons are based on items in their inventory or if all characters have "skills" now. As we can see in the gameplay, Fidel has a "throw 2 grenades at once"-action, so I'm guessing they all have skills now and all you can change is some basic clothes (maybe) and the weapon (likely)? In any case, already looks seriously dumbed down.

The fact they call it "3" this time and not pretend it to be a (shitty) spin-off gives me the worst feelings, though. It's like the final acknowledgement that we will never see a "real" successor to JA2.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Jagged Alliance is about the whole subculture of mercenaries and bullshitters pretending to be mercenaries writing in Soldier of Fortune magazine in the 1980s.

If you say so. As for me, my humble estimate is in this day and age the people who care about good gameplay would VASTLY outnumber the people who care about some 1980s magazine subculture.

deuxhero

Arcane
I wonder if the icons are based on items in their inventory or if all characters have "skills" now. As we can see in the gameplay, Fidel has a "throw 2 grenades at once"-action, so I'm guessing they all have skills now and all you can change is some basic clothes (maybe) and the weapon (likely)? In any case, already looks seriously dumbed down.

The fact they call it "3" this time and not pretend it to be a (shitty) spin-off gives me the worst feelings, though. It's like the final acknowledgement that we will never see a "real" successor to JA2.

Steam Page said:
  • Choose from a wide array of special perks to customize your mercs as they level up
You also see Ivan gets free movement (possibly situational) in the gameplay footage as an example of possible skills.

Aemar

Arcane
looks like nuxcom with skins, doesn't look like JA2 1.13 much, AP system looks simplified
It's a nuxcom clone self-identifying as Jagged Alliance 3, a random game that gets to be named JA simply because THQ has bought the rights to the franchise. Same scenario as in 'BG3''s case.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fuck Yea! Bulgarian overlords here to save all tactical games! First they had a smash hit Phoenix Point that made all UFO fans super happy and saved it from USA imperialists and now they get to do that with JA series!
:troll:

Beowulf

Arcane
Ugh, stick to cover and small small engagement ranges ...

On the other hand, there seems to be AP's to use instead of 2 actions system.
If they can make it work on bigger maps with 6 man squads from the start, I might give them my shekels.

I tried recently getting into those Back in Action remakes, but while they did the tacticool in a decent way (with mods), they are soulless and get boring quite quickly.
Only decent JA like game was 7.62 and perhaps Brigade E5, but both titles are buggy and janky even after all the patches and mod fixes.

cr0mag

Novice
Looks like it actually wants to be faithful to the JA2 theme and it had 14APs in that clip so there is some hope, especially if all the cinematic cameras can be turned off

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom