Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sunri

Liturgist
OdGGPZq.png

that's a big :shittydog:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Aeon Ch 3 spoiler (Ramley):
upload_2021-9-18_9-39-2.png

The book you find about the laws of the Crusade says misconduct is punished by imprisonment. None of this counts as imprisonment. What the fuck.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
So with the mythic ability to bypass resist what is the best element to choose?

There is a nice fireboosting ring in the capital and something to give you the spells without selecting.

I hear good things about chain lightning and waterfall though. If only we had a resident autist who knows everything about the game who could tell me. Oh well guess I'll just find out by myself.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So how does one progress in act3? Am I supposed to spam next day for months ?
I've done ivory labyrinth and all the other quests from irabeth. I advanced lich quest enough that I now need to go to some mysterious location in the southwest, but there doesn't seem to be a path there, as all the roads lead to dead ends except for one path out of the final veil, which leads to a demon garrison, but there is no way to move an army there. I've cleared all the demon armies from the map, and done every side quest except nenios masks and some of the temple puzzles (haven't found enough masks/tiles). And explored every location i've discovered except some really out of the way reagent spots.

I've also capped the diplomacy stat and presumably leadership, although logistics and military are only at 3.

Also at this point I have one primary army that stomps everything without even casting magic, and 8 worthless secondary armies that each consist of all the various tiny amounts of random soldiers you get from events. Maybe capping each army at 3 types of units was not the best combo for then throwing tiny amounts of 20 different units at the player.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't recruit a merc witch from Hilor. I found one thread on the owlcat forums where players suspect the merc not showing is related to its class.

Has anyone been able to recruit and what classes?

I fugured it out on my own: the new custom character is not added to the party immediately but shows up in the interface (I, C, or B key) along with existing party members. It can be added to the party when exiting the area and choosing a party composition.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I heard fire is supported through items well enough.

But it's really nothing but a question of your class and build. There are other classes to change spells element and for some mythics elemental is not even main source of damage. So depends on your build entirely.

Yikes, Owlcats put on Core increased amount of enemies, but not improved AI. No wonder people are having problems with it. It's like worst of both worlds.
It should be replaced ala Core (extra ai, no modifiers) > Daring (idk) > Hard (extra enemies) > Unfair (also extra damage to party).

Herumor

Scholar
So for those who don't know,
you can still become a Devil after playing through as a pure Aeon, you just have to pass some diplomacy checks

Attached pic:

6ji92HG.jpg

Percy

Cipher
Nailed Playful Darkness for a second time on core. The first time was in the beta and my AT managed to spam enough rays in his face to bring him down, 3 people died, took half a dozen tries, it was a complete shitshow. This time around MC managed to get enough Vital Strikes with True Strike to bring him down - Daeran might have chipped in some damage with his nukes too - Ofc, since I'm a moron I forgot to use the maximize rods he carries with him - and only Seelah bough the farm and it only took 4 tries, so still a shitshow but much less than before. Comparatively, Darrazand bit the dust with just one hit from MC.

I need to refine my technique for PD on future playthroughs. Daeran did ok, but I think Sosiel would've been more useful with Touch of Good. Nenio tried but none of her cc shit sticked, Ember would've been much more useful I suppose with Enervate/Stat drain/Hexes and rays if shit really got desperate.

Anyway, onward to the best part of the game which is ch.4. Just need to decide now whether to pick up second bloodrager bloodine which is Infernal in the case of my Reformed Fiend and while quite useless, it would give me cool, edgy black wings while raging or pick some feat that's actually useful. Hmm...I think I'll go for the edgy wings and come back later and bitch about how game is too hard.

edit: and least I forget - ch.3 ending confirms Azata for master race
because I ain't waiting on no queen's bitch ass. I got my own army with mimics and treants and shit.

Yeah I dunno how it can be beaten without prior knowledge of the encounter.
They also gave it some good loot now, in one of the earlier beta's was nothing to write home about.
I beat it after a few tries but it was costly.

I ended up just chucking pillar of light down the hallway, had all my team posted behind the light and hasted my main character to aggro and then run back.
It ended up as "injured" only through the pillars so had to get a few lucky hits in, a few heals/lay on hands and then finished it off with two midnight bolts (and then a healing wand)

I don't think I could beat it in a "fair fight".

Mortmal

Arcane
I've done ivory labyrinth and all the other quests from irabeth. I advanced lich quest enough that I now need to go to some mysterious location in the southwest, but there doesn't seem to be a path there, as all the roads lead to dead ends except for one path out of the final veil, which leads to a demon garrison, but there is no way to move an army there. I've cleared all the demon armies from the map, and done every side quest except nenios masks and some of the temple puzzles (haven't found enough masks/tiles). And explored every location i've discovered except some really out of the way reagent spots.

I've also capped the diplomacy stat and presumably leadership, although logistics and military are only at 3.

Also at this point I have one primary army that stomps everything without even casting magic, and 8 worthless secondary armies that each consist of all the various tiny amounts of random soldiers you get from events. Maybe capping each army at 3 types of units was not the best combo for then throwing tiny amounts of 20 different units at the player.
You absolutely have to go to the "mysterious location" or you are fucked, its over for lich quest , i dont think its possible to skip it anyway. Just clear the area with armies, you'll find a path and probably extra locations.Its of course not a direct route and they made it as unconvenient as possible.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yay, spells that had descriptions in PK miss them here sometimes. Masterfully done.

Yea you need to have no imagination to roll a monksork in this game. There's just too much cool stuff and actual builds that change how your class plays.

I could probably amuse myself by rolling 10-12 characters and place bets on who is beating Unfair tutorial quicker, until 3-5 more patches roll out.
I hate spontaneous but already see half a dozen Oracles alone who might be viable.

One thing that saddens me is that there is no way to break Poison immunities in this game, afaik. It's a very big miss for some options.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

You absolutely have to go to the "mysterious location" or you are fucked, its over for lich quest , i dont think its possible to skip it anyway. Just clear the area with armies, you'll find a path and probably extra locations.Its of course not a direct route and they made it as unconvenient as possible.
WHERE is it though? I am pretty sure I checked every node but it is possible I missed one (especially since armies can't go everywhere so it's hard to know where I've visited personally).

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Are you supposed to take feats like mounted combat on the horse? Or do those only work if I take them on Daeran? Or do I have to get them on both characters?
Mounted feats work per character. Meaning if you have a mount, and Daeran has a mount, you both have to take feats.

I haven't progressed far into the game, because of bugs and stuff, but getting mounted combat feats seems to be a niche choice. You can definitely ride without having any dedicated feats invested.
Was asking if you and the animal companion you have both have to take the mounted combat feat to benefit from it

Nope. Only the rider should (possibly) pick these feats.
They do nothing on the mount AFAIK.

Note that they are (surprise!) buggy.
They trigger on misses, essentially wasting the attempt for the round AND do not work every round... not sure what determines how often they trigger in fact. Sometimes it seems to be only once per combat. Other times like every 2nd round.

Still Indomitable Mount COULD possibly be worth it (particularly when fixed)... given the sad Will save of mounts.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
She's shit in combat, so far, but in dialogue, she's a monster.

Really? In my game she usually puts half the enemy force to sleep. Starting with the most dangerous enemy.
So that I can charge him flat-footed, with -4 AC for Prone status and often instagib him.
Camelia's Evil Eye Saving Throw penalty helps prep him for that (it still lasts for 1 round on successful save).

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I think what has finally made me quit the game and not want to play anymore was the terrible performance and constant loading screens. It's just too much of a hassle and too time consuming to be constantly looking at a load screen that progressively gets longer as you play on.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Change of plans for oracle, we're going for a more agressive angel version.
Now where do I find this old art in high resolution.
5d8bee0b8f0d7d91279c34ec5b35f0bb.png
Should be somewhere around all my other old FB pdfs...
Daeran will be my knight. I also need a white horse.

(drinks from the grail and shoots lightning bolt at the dumb queen)
make Bretonnia great again.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I don't know, loading times are ok for me. Nothing like dedfire or first pathfinder. That's one area they improved.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom