Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Phoenix Point - the new game from X-COM creator Julian Gollop

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well upcoming changes I knew about for a while are finally out:
https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/2021/9/17/upcoming-hypnos-update

This is in addition to all the DLC4 content that is shaping up to be their best DLC so far:
UPCOMING HYPNOS UPDATE CHANGES FACTION DIPLOMACY, RESEARCH AND MORE!
October 1st is an exciting day for Phoenix Point as we release Behemoth Edition for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, and DLC 4: Corrupted Horizons for all platforms… but we have another fun update for all PC players also arriving on October 1st: “Hypnos.”

Hypnos is our next free content update for PC players that focuses on diplomatic changes to make Phoenix Point more nuanced, Quality-of-Life improvements requested by the community, and some other additions we feel fans will enjoy. Console players will receive the Hypnos update in late October after the Behemoth Edition release, and moving forward, we aim to have all our free updates be synced across all platforms.

With Hypnos, players will see a shift in how they tackle the geoscape, as we introduce more strategic decision-making around whom to work with throughout the campaign for rewards, alongside harsher diplomatic penalties when ignoring threats or engaging in hostile actions against factions.

Revealed Pandoran colonies that are left unchecked will negatively affect faction havens in their operating range, giving the player a tougher choice as to when to deal with it or continue to suffer the diplomatic repercussions. These penalties will continue to accrue over time, meaning the longer the alien base is operational, the more the affected factions will start to turn on Phoenix. Of course, at any time, players can eliminate the colony, gaining a diplomatic reward for doing so, which now includes a bonus for those factions that were threatened.

image+%282%29.png

Faction technology rewards are also being re-worked to keep research more meaningful throughout the mid/late game. Now, players will unlock research access at earlier and multiple diplomatic levels with a faction, but that tech will only come partially researched and will need to be completed by Phoenix in order to be leveraged. This helps emphasize managing faction relations if the player wants access to their knowledge… which leads us to the big one: hostile faction actions.

We’re introducing bigger diplomatic penalties when players choose to engage in hostile actions against factions; the better the terms with a faction, the more immediate and severe the consequences for that ‘bad behavior’ will be. In addition to harsher and significantly more impactful penalties for these actions, players can also expect some changes in how faction alert levels will increase. To start, when players choose to Raid, Sabotage, Steal Research, or Steal Aircraft against a faction, all of that faction’s havens will raise in alert level. Once that alert level reaches 3 “High,” the player can no longer engage in a hostile faction mission and must wait a certain period of time for the Alert level to drop. Additionally, the diplomatic penalty will impact the players’ ability to gain access to shared research and faction missions, taking much longer to earn back the goodwill required to reach those levels.

More so, we’re making some key changes to Steal Research on both the geoscape and tactical level to better equalize the “risk/reward” of it all. Faction havens with research zones will have specific research assigned to them once a player has visited. This gives more visibility into what the reward may be, if opting to engage in some technology theft. But on the Tactical level, Phoenix must now hack one of the consoles available, with the hacking operative unable to perform any other actions for 2 turns while hacking. This can be canceled if things turn sour, but the hacking will start from scratch. Upon completing the hack, players will also need to extract from the mission, making it not an easy task to swoop in and vanish.

image+%283%29.png

Beyond the diplomatic changes to the game, we are also introducing a new way to bolster your ranks with the possibility of recruiting soldiers after Haven Defense/Infested Haven missions. After a successful mission, there’s a chance that one of the surviving defenders will join Phoenix, provided the player has a positive relationship with the faction and the available space via Living Quarters. This recruitment chance is affected by difficulty level, with a much higher rate than Legend, for example, but this should encourage keeping some of these defenders alive versus merely using them as cannon fodder, you cruel strategists!

Outside of some bug fixes, some additional features players can expect with this update, include:

• To help speed up income generation around ancient site resources in Legacy of the Ancients, these sites can generate passive income, earning resources for each working Archaeology lab. For example, having 1 Archaeology Lab and 2 Living Crystal Quarries will generate 2 Crystals each day. Having 2 Archaeology Labs generates 4 Crystals per day.

• Now within the game settings, you can select whether you want aircraft to auto unpause (set by default), never auto unpause for more control, auto unpause only when one aircraft is in control, or auto unpause only when all aircraft are traveling.

• A new cinematic library is available via the main menu so players can rewatch any unlocked cinematics and never miss a chance to view their favorite moments.

• A balance adjustment where players can remove Mark of the Void by disabling the eyes of the Yuggothian Entity. If you don’t know what this means, don’t worry about it… yet!
Hypnos will be available for our PC players on October 1st, alongside DLC 4: Corrupted Horizons and we look forward to hearing from you about these changes to the game. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players, look for these Hypnos updates in late October. And stay tuned next week as we reveal more DLC 4 details on the new type of soldier coming to the game…
Most of these changes are based on us in Community Council complaining about problems on how it worked so far and proposing improvements. I am especially proud of them finally implementing ability to turn off auto pause when managing aircraft, I was bugging them about implementing this since I joined the CC.

ArchAngel

Arcane
https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/2021/9/21/new-soldier-type-incoming-in-dlc-4-the-mutoid
NEW SOLDIER TYPE INCOMING IN DLC 4: THE MUTOID
A cry for help kicks off DLC 4: Corrupted Horizons, which introduces the Acheron support enemy and its deadly Corruption effect that will change the way you play Phoenix Point… but all is not lost for humanity. To help counter the threat of this new foe, Phoenix is able to leverage a new beneficial experiment, a human-Pandoran hybrid soldier: THE MUTOID.

Mutoid+aiming.jpg

Mutoids are a new soldier type that will help turn the tide against the Pandoran menace. Grown by Phoenix, Mutoids soldiers are unique in that they are created entirely out of Mutagens and their abilities can be acquired from any class known to the player. This adds considerable flexibility in how the player develops their soldiers, allowing them to combine existing abilities in new and exciting ways.

Due to its hybrid nature, the Mutoid can adopt certain Pandoran abilities as well, such as the Siren’s acid spit or a Scylla’s immunity to mind control, among many others. Discovered via creature autopsies, players can mix and match these passive and active abilities from Arthrons, Tritons, Sirens, and even the Acheron itself to forge lethal operatives for the battlefield.

Mutoid+equipment.jpg

But with great power… comes some limitations. Mutoids can only select a single human and Pandoran skill at each level, hit a max rank earlier than human operatives, and require Mutagen resources in order to heal and grow in power with new abilities. And the more Mutagens you spend on your Mutoids, the less you’ll have for other soldier mutations, ‘breeding’ Mutog war beasts or fighting back against the new game mechanic in DLC 4, Corruption.

Corruption is a new state that affects soldiers when encountering the Acheron or engaging in battles within the Mist. Its initial effects appear somewhat benign, slowly impacting the maximum willpower of a soldier while offering a small damage boost in trade, but as more encounters or attacks stack up, one can find themselves with operatives unable to properly use their abilities or even keep their sanity together in the field. Thankfully, players can leverage those precious Mutagens to temporarily cure their soldier’s Corrupted status, while working their way through the core DLC story for more permanent eradication of its source. This is where the Mutoid shines as its genetic make-up makes it inherently immune to Corruption, encouraging players to mix up their squads to best counter this new condition.

These new challenges and opportunities await all players when Corrupted Horizons arrives on October 1st on PC for $4.99 or included within the console Behemoth Edition arriving on PlayStation and Xbox that same day.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I guess since they now revealed details about Mutoids I can speak about them. If anyone got more questions about them I can answer them.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Thought we already had mutons by recruiting from the church. When I have played I have usually tried to remain human, so not sure if I'm going to use this personally.

ricolikesrice

Arcane
I guess since they now revealed details about Mutoids I can speak about them. If anyone got more questions about them I can answer them.

Can they wear helmets and if not are there different heads to choose from? Cant say i like their looks

spectre

Arcane
Does this DLC add any new mission types or maps? Is it even in the pipeline somewhere?
TBH, the game's problem isn't the lack of toys to play with, but places to use them in.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Does this DLC add any new mission types or maps? Is it even in the pipeline somewhere?
TBH, the game's problem isn't the lack of toys to play with, but places to use them in.
It adds new DLC connected story maps. For rest of the game is adds a new enemy that starts showing up all over the place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom