Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

His Dudeness

Augur
Just respect my dude. There is no need for net builds, although they are helpful to understand which feats are good and which are traps.

Also specialization beats generalization for the most part.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lol what.. I just got my Lich lvl 1 and chosen Marksman Skeletal Minion and I got a pop up that said I can use him as a mount :D

Percy

Cipher
What's your party and MC and what difficulty are you playing? Also, on what map were those lvl 17 dudes?

Core, party is paladin/angel MC, Nenio, Sosiel, Lann, Regill, Camellia. With max buffs most enemies just tear through me and ignore my shit, so I sit micromanaging every enocunter hoping for dem rolls. Is it even possible to salvage a build if you're lvl 10? I still have Ember, Seelah, Daeran and Woljif waiting to lvl up 7->10 plus mythics

Which map are you trying?

I may have posted before but in Chapter 3 I find optimal route:

Molten Scar
Greengates
Areleeus Lab
Dragon
Wintersun
Ivory Labyrinth

Game can be hard too at times if you get ambushed on the map.
You don't seem to have anyone with stealth in that group.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
What's your party and MC and what difficulty are you playing? Also, on what map were those lvl 17 dudes?

Core, party is paladin/angel MC, Nenio, Sosiel, Lann, Regill, Camellia. With max buffs most enemies just tear through me and ignore my shit, so I sit micromanaging every enocunter hoping for dem rolls. Is it even possible to salvage a build if you're lvl 10? I still have Ember, Seelah, Daeran and Woljif waiting to lvl up 7->10 plus mythics

just spec into bolt/storm of justice with your paladin and u nearly 1 shot every encounter on core

Robber Baron

Savant
If your first frontliner doesn't have AT LEAST 40+ you're going to have a bad time

>pally is 35 with all the buffs
Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

I'll just fucking respec I guess

Codex Year of the Donut
so did they ever get around to implementing delay poison properly or is it still broken op?
It has never been broken. It delays effects of poison.

If you want, you can imagine how the party vomits on the fire during the rest.
https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo5lc12?I-Drank-What-An-FAQ-on-Poison
Any chance you can also clarify how delay poison works in the above, Jason, if the poison isn't neutralised before the spell wears off?

Delay poison simply stops the process in its tracks, but you should still track the order in which new poison is applied to the target. When delay poison ends, all of these initial saves happen in order, then then character must track rounds as outlined above.

Hope that helps

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Salvo

Arcane
If your first frontliner doesn't have AT LEAST 40+ you're going to have a bad time

Yeah, something went wrong. Camellia can get higher than that at Level 5.
Math below
10 base
6 dex bonus
2 Iceplant Hex
2 Iceplant Ring
2 Barkskin
6 Lady Callandra's Chainshirt (Armor)
2 Buckler + 1
1 Magic Vestment (Armor)
1 Magic Vestment (Shield)
1 Dodge
1 Shield Focus
3 Defensive Fighting
2 Deflection
1 Haste

40 AC

Robber Baron

Savant

Molten Scar
Greengates
Areleeus Lab
Dragon
Wintersun
Ivory Labyrinth

Hm. I went straight to Wintersun

Salvo

Arcane

Molten Scar
Greengates
Areleeus Lab
Dragon
Wintersun
Ivory Labyrinth

Me too. Really, other than the
fucking Treant and the GHOST DRUID SHITTER
I never had any trouble. (Lvl 10)

Erebus

Arcane
The Bioware is strong in this one.

Just finished the fight against Nulkineth (the demon who abducts some of your crusaders with his gargoyles). In the middle of this short, uninteresting and uninspiring fight, everything is suddenly paused and you're told that the dramatic character of the situation has filled you with hope, or rage, or whatever. Thanks, WotR, but I was already kicking his butt just fine and I'd really appreciate it if you didn't interrupt me. Try to remember that you're a game, and not a Hollywood movie in which the main character discovers in his time of need that he has super awesome special powers just because he's super awesomely special for some reason that has nothing to do with what he has accomplished.

Compared to the main character of Kingmaker, who had to fucking work to become a baron and then a king, the main character of WotR is one of the worst Chosen One I've ever seen in CRPG.

Percy

Cipher

Molten Scar
Greengates
Areleeus Lab
Dragon
Wintersun
Ivory Labyrinth

Me too. Really, other than the
fucking Treant and the GHOST DRUID SHITTER
I never had any trouble. (Lvl 10)

If you are underleveled and under prepared I think Maverock will kill 1-2 party members.
The treant is fucky even at a higher level.
Also the undead druid thing is hard too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's like every class has some missing strings, text, spell descriptions or abilities.

As for my "issue" with Oracles,
they are much more believable as real religion based characters, unlike d&dish fantasitis - you play some cursed/blessed prophet
they are highly customisable
mythics feed in into ability to customise
they have these chains of unique abilities
charisma, as we know, is gut in them crpgs, and Persuasion is class for them
high Will saves matter
clerek profs

All that would make you believe it's a class obviously designed to have Low BAB, but no.
So it all leaves you with being slower and spontaneous, I guess, but I really thought it's clerek caster, not clerek with extra buffs.

Ugh, I am overthinking it. Just take your Pathfinder power and play, silly.

I'll just go with flat 20 levels for starters.

Last edited:

Robber Baron

Savant
As Salvo said, Cam-Cam should have quite a bit of AC on her. Seelah also works. Since you're a paladin yourself, maybe consider turning her into a Skald or Bard. I haven't used Skald but other people in the thread say they're really good. As a bard, I gave her 2 levels of paladin and the rest into bard. She can then buff the party with spells and songs and can cast mirror image on herself. If you want to cast in combat you'll need to keep her in light armor, but if you don't just slap a plate on her, remove it to cast buffs outside of combat, put the armor back on when you're done.

Give a reach weapons to Sosiel so he doesn't get his ass killed every 5 seconds - Soulshear works quite well - and also consider using Reduce Person on Regill, but he should generally be fine if you slap some Barkskin and Magic Vestment on him as he has high dex and benefits from armor training.

If you feel your MC is also squishy, grab Soulshear or another reach weapon for yourself, or fight enlarged. Maybe consider putting some points in use magic device and have Nenio craft Mirror Image scrolls?

And grab someone with Stealth or you're going to yeet yourself from the constant random encounters, some of which can be quite rough.

Wintersun should be partially doable without much pain at lvl 10 just

wew thank you, I'll play with respecing a bit for now, the thing I forgot the MC is a warrior of holy light, don't even ask why, the class just sounded cool

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Does the story and game design make up for it being based on D&D 3.75E ruleset?
If you enjoy neither the 3.x system nor the fantasy power trip of becoming some sort of mythic hero with godly powers, this game has nothing to offer you.

Well, apart from the soundtrack I guess. The paths' themes are galvanizing.

I mean, how can you not want to play a Trickster the moment this pops up?

Sharpedge

Prophet
Does the story and game design make up for it being based on D&D 3.75E ruleset?
If you enjoy neither the 3.x system nor the fantasy power trip of becoming some sort of mythic hero with godly powers, this game has nothing to offer you.

Well, apart from the soundtrack I guess. The paths' themes are galvanizing.

I mean, how can you not want to play a Trickster the moment this pops up?

Personally, I quite like "I promise." Although it doesn't really fit the fight it plays during, given how disappointing that fight is.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

Yeah, something went wrong. Camellia can get higher than that at Level 5.
Math below
10 base
6 dex bonus
2 Iceplant Hex
2 Iceplant Ring
2 Barkskin
6 Lady Callandra's Chainshirt (Armor)
2 Buckler + 1
1 Magic Vestment (Armor)
1 Magic Vestment (Shield)
1 Dodge
1 Shield Focus
3 Defensive Fighting
2 Deflection
1 Haste

40 AC

Every day that passes, more and more i legit want to delete my current run just so i could grab that Ice plant Ring from chapter 1... It hurts. At lest she gets 37AC atm without Dodge, Defensive figthing, Haste and ring , at level 9.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Silantyev just slayed in this one. A lot of interesting motives, some which even remind me of Soviet cinema lol.

Rieser

Scholar
If you were to do a meme run with mercs were all characters (including MC) are of the same class but different archetypes, what classes might work the best?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom