Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is the reason why I think that the text layout of Disco Elysium is a better solution. (At least Disco's devs thought with their heads):
EKT1mJMXYAI4cBX
082-dragonfallscreen02-0-png-jpg.jpg
Yes, you right. Shadowrun did the right thing, before Disco.

Another proof that Pillows of Eternity was just blind cargo cultism that missed the point, copying IE conventions without thinking about them.

Codex Year of the Donut
This is the reason why I think that the text layout of Disco Elysium is a better solution. (At least Disco's devs thought with their heads):
EKT1mJMXYAI4cBX

Another proof that Pillows of Eternity was just blind cargo cultism that missed the point, copying IE conventions without thinking about them.
Not just them, but any that copied the IE-style dialogue box without understanding why it made sense on smaller 4:3 monitors. They're definitely not the only offender.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
EKT1mJMXYAI4cBX

Not just them, but any that copied the IE-style dialogue box without understanding why it made sense on smaller 4:3 monitors. They're definitely not the only offender.

A game that I enjoy playing but where I absolutely hate the way dialogue is presented is Star Traders: Frontiers. Utterly horrible:

dialogue-with-crew.jpg

Fully stretched along the middle of the screen at widescreen resolutions. When you get longer paragraphs of text, it's really bad to read.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
"Take off your dress"

What mod are you playing?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
A dance with rogues.

Spoiler: your character gets raped.

It's an unavoidable plot point.

Your rapist becomes a romanceable companion later on.
If you want to romance your rapist, you shouldn't be a slut, because he dislikes whores.

Zlaja

Arcane
First replay of System Shock 2 in almost 10 years.

Reporting for duty :salute: (went with Navy)

ME13UY1G_o.png

This place is cultured

ME13UY1H_o.png

Doing chores for cyber-mommy

ME13UY1I_o.png

TA-NA-NA!

ME13UY1J_o.png

Not a lot of survivors

ME13UY1K_o.png

Running out of inventory space

ME13UY1M_o.png

Well, they tried their best

ME13UY1O_o.png

Movie night got cancelled

ME13UY1S_o.png

Now we're talking

ME13UY1U_o.png

Cought the ninja bastard

ME13UY1W_o.png

Hello, I have an EMP grenade with your name on it

ME13UY1Y_o.png

fork

That dialog window design is such a joke. How can you play the game like that?
the EEs really didn't have much to go with, with regards to art:
697693-planescape-torment-windows-screenshot-nothing-beats-morte.jpg

Just stretching it would have been terrible, it was designed for 4:3 screens not 16:9 at much larger resolutions/size.

Bullshit, play widescreen mod and UI mod in a proper resolution, which means more text on screen at a time (which is good, it's way better than not being able to see all dialog options at the same time and constant scrolling, especially in a text-heavy game) while still perfectly readable, and none of that shitty decoration, which doesn't fit at all and makes an otherwise still beautiful game look like shit..
Sure, if you choose too high a resolution, the text gets too small, but if choose correctly, the result is way better than shitdog's abomination, in that it's an actual improvement over the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pics? Also, did you see if fixing that script issue meme (a dot was missing making the aliens dumber IIRC) actually works?

Sadly, I didn't make a pic of that. There are tons of glitches compilations on yt though. Perhaps there is one including the one I described. As for the second, I think you mean the PecanEngine.ini file and fixing "PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather" line? I had to do this, because without it there is almost no challenge at all. Due to the levels building, and how many encounters are scripted, it can take some time to see the real difference. Aliens can still behave in a really silly way, but at least they are putting more effort and are more aggressive.

Time to add some pics.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

After being traumatized by how bad was MK 4, I forgot about the series and just replayed original trilogy. But MKKE is really good, very fluid animations, quality assets, good sound and music. The story mode is more fleshed out, and being a re-boot, they've made it more coherent and included most of my favorite characters. Fatalities are easier to perform, and adding X-Ray hits makes it even more brutal. The final showdown with Shao Kahn was really intense. Surprisingly Kintaro wasn't so hard, as he was for me in MK 2. Also, I want Jade to sit down on my face and finish me.

20210430182748_15bjmy.jpg

20210430180517_12ojx4.jpg

20210430181201_1bijqi.jpg

20210430185603_1xbksf.jpg

20210430183337_1j4kq8.jpg

20210430115107_1clkdb.jpg

Melcar

Arcane
Pics? Also, did you see if fixing that script issue meme (a dot was missing making the aliens dumber IIRC) actually works?

Sadly, I didn't make a pic of that. There are tons of glitches compilations on yt though. Perhaps there is one including the one I described. As for the second, I think you mean the PecanEngine.ini file and fixing "PecanGame.PecanSeqAct_AttachPawnToTeather" line? I had to do this, because without it there is almost no challenge at all. Due to the levels building, and how many encounters are scripted, it can take some time to see the real difference. Aliens can still behave in a really silly way, but at least they are putting more effort and are more aggressive.

Time to add some pics.

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

After being traumatized by how bad was MK 4, I forgot about the series and just replayed original trilogy. But MKKE is really good, very fluid animations, quality assets, good sound and music. The story mode is more fleshed out, and being a re-boot, they've made it more coherent and included most of my favorite characters. Fatalities are easier to perform, and adding X-Ray hits makes it even more brutal. The final showdown with Shao Kahn was really intense. Surprisingly Kintaro wasn't so hard, as he was for me in MK 2. Also, I want Jade to sit down on my face and finish me.

20210430182748_15bjmy.jpg

20210430180517_12ojx4.jpg

20210430181201_1bijqi.jpg

20210430185603_1xbksf.jpg

20210430183337_1j4kq8.jpg

20210430115107_1clkdb.jpg

Very shitty that it is no longer available in Steam. I still have the game on another account so that's good I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom