Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
But well enough of this shit.

Let me just close with saying that DU is an incredibly good-natured person, and you have taken advantage of him for much too long. Some years ago when the influx of mental degenerates was getting out of control I predicted the whole thing would be shut down in the future and you did not take me serious back then. But I think it is inevitable that some housekeeping has to be done, even in much more tolerant countries than Australia.

It just sucks for people who only registered in Jul 9, 2021 because they missed the great times, but perhaps there is a new beginning and you can also make Codex great again.

I'd say he's naive more than good natured. Sorry but the way he suddenly realized that having a public forum might cause legal trouble can't be described as anything else.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Trying to censor the Codex beyond the most basic of moderation (i.e. doxxing, death threats) is a fool's errand.

(a) You'll drive off a significant portion of the existing userbase, which will start to change the site's culture and send it into an unrecoverable death spiral.
(b) The SJW feminazis will still never accept you, and will not hesitate to destroy you if they get a chance. There is no rehabilitation for thought criminals.

If you're genuinely concerned about the Codex affecting your life irl, then either find someone to sell / transfer it to who lives in a place that's still somewhat free, or just shut it down.

I would hate to see this place go but I'd hate even more for it to become just another leftist echo chamber.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Look at all the liberals and (literal) faggots rejoicing at the idea of more censorship on the Codex.

Why are you even here, morons? There are more than enough censored RPG forums to your liking, yet for some reason you stay here.

Guess what, people like free speech and that is why the Codex is popular and active, while something like RPG Watch is pretty much dead.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Look at all the liberals and (literal) faggots rejoicing at the idea of more censorship on the Codex.

Why are you even here, morons? There are more than enough censored RPG forums to your liking, yet for some reason you stay here.

Guess what, people like free speech and that is why the Codex is popular and active, while something like RPG Watch is pretty much dead.
They come here just to troll and not get banned. Then they piss off back to reddit or the Watch every time their feelings get hurt. They've been doing this for a decade now.

If/when they finally kill this site, they'll just get bored and look for another wrongthink site to repeat the process with. Once 8chan died, they went to 4chan. Once all the conservative subreddits got censored, they followed them offsite. It's a story as old as the internet, and it just keeps getting worse the more of them there are.

They're cancerous parasites, who should probably just be banned on sight, but ironically they eventually tend to get hired on as moderators because they're busybodies who like that sort of work and they're politically correct. So admins think they won't offend anyone and hire them on, only to be predictably betrayed later.

Can't handle the bacon

Why are you even here, morons?
To corrupt and shittify this place as well. By now it should be obvious to everyone that liberals and faggots are pretty much literal demoniacs.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

i'm preaching to the choir because this specific observation has been stated millions of times here, but more people are submitting to mass groupthink and think that they need to be told what to think. one plausible counter to that is some kind of internal re-awakening, as preachy as that sounds

Arthandas

Liturgist
Media outlets being legally responsible for whatever dumbfucks write in their comments sections, Jesus... and I thought the Polish government was retarded.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm surprised someone hasn't started an indiegogo campaign to make a dark web version of the codex.

I suppose its about time I got around to perusing the dark web to look for a free speech forum.

Just remember, without the darkness, you can not have the light.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I'd say he's naive more than good natured. Sorry but the way he suddenly realized that having a public forum might cause legal trouble can't be described as anything else.

The Codex currently isn't a forum, it is more like a human zoo. We are only amused by it because the animals are behind bars.

But I have no idea about DUs motives. For all I know he doesn't even post so he may be spending most of the days hiding in the outback. Maybe that was also his plan A for when the government comes for him.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
[Liberals] come here just to troll and not get banned. Then they piss off back to reddit or the Watch every time their feelings get hurt. They've been doing this for a decade now.

You should update your alts.txt as it has long been established that Non-Edgy is Lambchop.

The Codex currently isn't a forum, it is more like a human zoo. We are only amused by it because the animals are behind bars.

WTF happened to you? You were pretty lucid for some time but now sound like an asylum inmate. Vaxxed, I presume?

And no, most people here are relatively normal - both compared to you and to what passes as "normal" in the hypnotoad box "reality".

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes yes pumpkin, I am vaxxed.

Since then I sometimes spend a half day crying over a dead fly. It breaks my heart.

Whatever there was of my lucidity has been erased by the nanorobots eating through my synapses

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You should update your alts.txt as it has long been established that Non-Edgy is Lambchop.
I thought the point was fairly obvious but let me explain it to you.

* Makes a post about those sinister people he dislikes
* Wrings hands and gnashes teeth about bad citizens who "fly by" to troll the forum
* Implies that he himself is a good upstanding citizen
* Hides behind an alt and/or has been banned for being unable to respect the 2 rules the Codex does have

Reapa

Doom Preacher
the internet is not free because the world is not free.
let these people see it for themselves. make them face the real world.
pull the plug already!

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
[Liberals] come here just to troll and not get banned. Then they piss off back to reddit or the Watch every time their feelings get hurt. They've been doing this for a decade now.
Been here since 2003. When did you join?
Jan 11, 2004
lol. newfag. :M
Even assuming that were true, I had other names.
* Hides behind an alt and/or has been banned for being unable to respect the 2 rules the Codex does have
Lol, I wasn't permabanned on any account here.

Anyway, I don't care. The point is that your joindate gotcha is bs.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
If you're genuinely concerned about the Codex affecting your life irl, then either find someone to sell / transfer it to who lives in a place that's still somewhat free

How about moving the entirety of the forums to separate domain in non-pozzed country, owned by a truster non-pozzed denizen, while leaving the site alone. The codex as a site gets to stay, the forum, rather than being a part of it, becomes a separate "affiliated" entity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom