Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Hmm. I'm trying to maximize each crusading stat, but it seems that no new options to upgrade come up despite skipping forward time and having all the experience necessary. Might this be due to me advancing the plot too fast and/or some prior plot choice?

I couldn't max Logistics and Military, rest went fine. Just ignore it.

What was the charge bug exactly? I noticed that with the latest patch characters will charge towards an enemy JUST BY SELECTING THE ABILITY AND MOUSING OVER A MONSTER which - you guessed it - also loses you your turn.

Yup, charge bug is here since Kingmaker days. It's probably a pathfinding thing (lol)
Prob what they fixed is charge randomly breaking. What's still there is pets and mounts charging and attacking on their own.

Sunri

Liturgist
Started over and was planning on going Lich, game is too buggy and writing is shit, so I’m out, for real this time. Maybe in a couple months…

Maybe I’ll try poe, it can’t be that bad….
poe 1 is great if you ignore gameplay poe 2 will put you into coma

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Started over and was planning on going Lich, game is too buggy and writing is shit, so I’m out, for real this time. Maybe in a couple months…

poe 1 is great if you ignore gameplay

:retarded:

Average PoE fan, gentlemen.
Average codexer starts apologizing a game's terrible state rougly 5 years after release. This makes 2026 for WotR. Wait long enough by the river and the current will cary your enemies' corpses past you.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Average codexer starts apologizing a game's terrible state rougly 5 years after release. This makes 2026 for WotR. Wait long enough by the river and the current will cary your enemies' corpses past you.

Russkis have been defending Wrath from Day 0 though.

Codex Year of the Donut

Russkis have been defending Wrath from Day 0 though.
that and kickstarter backers

Sunri

Liturgist
Reddit is starting to break
View attachment 20985
Weaklings should go play a "real RPG" where:
- they don't need to buff before combat and
- initiative order doesn't matter.

Like D:OS2 :lol:

The problem isn't so much the prebuffing but the need to use the exact same spells every time.
If you use same buffs for every ecounter that would explain why you have so much problems with combat :outrage:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
prebuffing

Yep, considering the power and prevalence of buffs in the system, that's a pretty gay thing to bitch about. Especially when you think that for about 80% of the game (after chapter 1), if you know how to play, majority of buffs are something you cast once per map, twice tops. I suppose buying a lesser extend metamagic rod is teh hard.

Speaking in general, not about your post in specific.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 20985

The problem isn't so much the prebuffing but the need to use the exact same spells every time.
If you use same buffs for every ecounter that would explain why you have so much problems with combat :outrage:

You need...
- Delay Poison just to not get fucked by your own Stinking Cloud if nothing else
- Anti-Fire stuff because demons
- Death Ward because negative energy shit
- Anti-Fear because fear auras
- Barkskin because it's one of the best AC buffs
- And of course Mirror Image/Blur/Displacement because they beat high AC anyway

Prove me wrong, retard.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Nobody is butthurt. We're just wondering which woke companion will replace him."

None. Creating mercenaries is the way to go. But, SEXAY SUCCUBUS does catch my eye. :D

" Going turn off perma death for once because that stupid Batman Wannabe Dwarf keeps getting killed by it because his stupid short legs make him slower than everyone else"

You sound butthurt. Get gud.

Anyways, just finished chapter 2.

Took awhile because that stupid crash bug drew the energy out of me, but got back into. Am level 10 Paladin/Level 3 Epic Angel. Not the most exciting combo, but whateves. Angel gets nice party buffs including boosted iniaitive and armour class. I also give everyone super epic bonuses against evil which is obviously needed in this game. LMAO

Dezen was pretty good. Rather long. Succubus seems alright but not sure how she comapres to the last 'redeemed succbus' I encountered yet. :wink:

The person you 'rescued' was suspcious from the start.

Sucks I couldn't save the two dwarves. Stubborn mules. LMAO

Now, to the fun stuff.

That option supra demon is ridiculous. L0L Took a few tries, but I don't know how it is possible without grease or spamming summons since its SR is super high. L0LZ Still, worth it for the experience and the nice ring that will help a mage of mind with her charm/hold spells.

Now, if that was cheese balling, at least it was optional. The final battle is some pure nonsense. Stauten is a clear sample of how the creators of this game are all power gaming and chessing. I mean your characters are level 9, and you are facing a guy who can do 40+ damage on you when you have DR, and he won't miss plus he is boosted up the wazzoo INCLUDING heal spells. His partner in crime is just as bad with like I think 6-8 attacks. Poor Nurah was so out of place I felt sorry for ehr to the point I just lucked her up instead of just killing her. LOL HINT for those who find the dwarf near impossible: Cast dispel magic on him. I did this AFTER I had beat the combo. It liekly would have made the actual main fight easier.

Still, only took a handful of times to beat them. I gotta say I really like how their relationship was protrayed in the game, and how it eventually fell apart at the end. I like his attitude here, and how she turned it on him and then escaped. HAHA.

On to chapter 3.

Sunri

Liturgist
View attachment 20985

You need...
- Delay Poison just to not get fucked by your own Stinking Cloud if nothing else

Prove me wrong, retard.
Do you get all those effects in every single fight? you don't need delay poison just move from the clouded area lol if you have trouble with fear pick miss paladin with her anti fear auto aura death ward is good elemental buffs are communal on level 3 so you just need to click 2 times after reading your posts maybe you should put that story/auto crusade mode to use or even better drop pathfinder and install disco elysium :nocountryforshitposters:

Codex Year of the Donut
you'd think a lot more of these demons and devils and whatnot would know how to cast dispel magic, a level 3 spell.
oh wait, we wouldn't want to add actual difficulty to the game

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Install a buffbot https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous/mods/4

you'd think a lot more of these demons and devils and whatnot would know how to cast dispel magic, a level 3 spell.

I agree. Few enemies attempt to dispel the buffs in your party member. But that is part of the terrible AI.

Still better than the awful concentration mechanic of 5E.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 20985

You need...

Prove me wrong, retard.
Do you get all those effects in every single fight? you don't need delay poison just move from the clouded area lol if you have trouble with fear pick miss paladin with her anti fear auto aura death ward is good elemental buffs are communal on level 3 so you just need to click 2 times after reading your posts maybe you should put that story/auto crusade mode to use or even better drop pathfinder and install disco elysium :nocountryforshitposters:

How does that disprove the fact you need those buffs every single time on every single map the entire game?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron

That's another different can of worm entirely. Since they are overstatted and their HD increased, had they access to such HD based abilities your life would be really unfair. Instead, they rely on off the chart SR to protect themselves from your abundant casting and favoured metamagic. Basically, since there's no AI competent enough to play D&D, we play who gets to roll bigger numbers.
It's not exactly fun but I don't think it's something that Owlcat can singlehandedly solve. AI in gaming is a pretty sore topic, for those that noticed...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Apparently Josh Sawyer was right, and prebuffing is "degenerate gameplay".

Sunri

Liturgist
View attachment 20985

You need...

Prove me wrong, retard.

How does that disprove the fact you need those buffs every single time on every single map the entire game?

Dunno maybe we play different game i don't need to cast 10 buffs every single encounter

Codex Year of the Donut
Apparently Josh Sawyer was right, and prebuffing is "degenerate gameplay".
He was, but his solution(as is typical for Sawyer) was just as bad as the thing it was trying to solve.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"How does that disprove the fact you need those buffs every single time on every single map the entire game?"

Really?

I haven't used delay poison, death ward, or barkskin at all. I have only cast anti fire 3 times. I never used anti fear spells unless it is part of other spells like bless or whatever. Protection from evil, communal, FYI, covers fear from evil creatures. :D

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
View attachment 20985

You need...

Prove me wrong, retard.

Dunno maybe we play different games i don't need to cast 10 buffs every single encounter

Learn to read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom