Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Finally found a gamebreaking bug.. fuck u owlcatto

In midnight fane, I cannot turn in the last key from the succubi bitch.. it just gives me no options..

GGGGGGGGGG

game broke, 0/10

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
which is not very smart

Wrong. I can solo BG2:EE on Legacy of Bhaal difficulty, only 0,4% of players manage to do that with full party. When I DMed 3E, I almost killed the party in one round and would have killed if they din't had fleed the encounter. And was a CR appropriated encounter.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
But if you loose a turn due to a charge attempt went wrong, you've usually lost it.
Is it good tactics to alpha strike encounters and then reload if it fails? Kind of reminds me of trying to apply blindness through reloads until the save is beaten.

Charge is not only for alpha striking, you know. Actually alpha strikes work pretty well now - in combat charges often fail.

The movement bug I was referring to has nothing to do with charges. I think it was related to being mounted - Sometimes the mount just fails to move through the tiniest obstacle, gets stuck, stutters for a few seconds and then ends your turn. I also had issues doing a full attack or even a single attack at times despite being right next to an enemy and repositioning with 5 foot step.

That's when you should test your Reflexes and switch to real time when the mount still stutters. Usually the pathfinding is a bit better in real time. Or your allies scramble to make way. So you can often succeed with the attacks in real time. Can switch back after the attack.

I shouldn't have to do anything when the game is broken.

I agree. I'm just presenting a temporary dirty workaround for that specific issue.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My only hope right now is the second dlc where you play poorfag survivors in Kenabres. Because i already see dlc 1 will be unredeamable shit trying to outepic even epic shit from main campaign. And dlc 3 is even worse - random dungeon in abyss. As if game has not enough random encounters in abyss at this point.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
killing or letting live
Soana in Wintersun
has any effects down the road?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Anybody know how to help the captives out of Areelu's laboratory (the drowsy druid, the captive angel, who I've freed and talked to, the crusader and the elf)?

I've done all the missions on that level and there's a rift ready to take me out, but I can't seem to find a way of activating the captives or anything else that would allow me to take them out of there (the option I get for dialogue is just "I'm still looking for a way out" - even though the entire lab is cleared and doors are open).

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Anybody know how to help the captives out of Areelu's laboratory (the drowsy druid, the captive angel, who I've freed and talked to, the crusader and the elf)?

I've done all the missions on that level and there's a rift ready to take me out, but I can't seem to find a way of activating the captives or anything else that would allow me to take them out of there (the option I get for dialogue is just "I'm still looking for a way out" - even though the entire lab is cleared and doors are open).

You need to go out using the rift first.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Just talk to fucking angel.

Vatnik Wumao
I wish that they will adapt Iron Gods, but there are rumors about Starfinder. Most adventure paths aren't epic as this. Rise of Runelords only reaches high level(14) in the last book. Second Darkness is also mostly mid level. Wrath of the righteous is Pathfinder's Bloodstone saga.
I'd prefer something like Legacy of Fire, Serpent's Skull or Mummy's Mask. Such 'oriental' settings are just cozy and they can double down on the spirit of adventure if done right.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You need to go out using the rift first.

Yeah, I did try savescumming that already, but that was before I'd freed and talked to the angel for the first time.

Thanks - yeah you have to click but not activate the rift then go back and talk to the angel again.

Vatnik Wumao
I wish that they will adapt Iron Gods, but there are rumors about Starfinder. Most adventure paths aren't epic as this. Rise of Runelords only reaches high level(14) in the last book. Second Darkness is also mostly mid level. Wrath of the righteous is Pathfinder's Bloodstone saga.
I'd prefer something like Legacy of Fire, Serpent's Skull or Mummy's Mask. Such 'oriental' settings are just cozy and they can double down on the spirit of adventure if done right.
Oriental would be nice, just not if it's just standard fantasy setting with a different coat of paint. :(
p. much

And speaking of Serpent's Skull, now I might reinstall D&D: Dragonshard to scratch that itch for a New World-ish setting.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This game will be a epicfest powerfantasy and that is it. If you hate it, I suggest not buying the DLC and waiting for the next OwlCat game.

Players only reach L17 in the end of the Kingmaker ap, but that wasn't the case for the cRPG. I would expect L20 no matter what AP Owlcat decide to adapt next.

Mummy's Mask would be rad though.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Woljif's Ring doesn't work. Not on him, because it's clearly meant for him, but not on your MC either, if you rolled a thiefling.

I'm starting to send them these bug reports where I just talk about Dark Souls... like... full paragraphs. Stories un-ending. Just so they feel how I feel when they waste my time like this.

zThieflingRing.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oriental would be nice, just not if it's just standard fantasy setting with a different coat of paint. :(

Yep. Oriental would be amazing.

Skull & Shackles would be amazing, mainly for those who prefer lower level as you only reach lv 13 in the last book and 2/3 of the adventure is bellow lv 10(Lacrymas approves) but there is a huge problem. OwlCat will make a awful ship combat minigame...

Reign of Winter would be amazing too. The plot is very straightforeward. Is all about stopping a high level Winter Witch Elvanna from spreading the winter's curse

Mummy's Mask will be amazing too. I don't see a D&D game set in egypt since Ravenloft : Stone Prophet.

Hell, there are so many amazing AP, why did OwlCat decided to pick WoTR? WoTR is not bad, but there are so many more original and interesting adventures to have...

would expect L20 no matter what AP Owlcat decide to adapt next.

I don't think that every game should allow PCs to reach lv 20. I

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reign of Winter would be amazing too.
This is the one where you travel to WW1 Russia, fight Russian soldiers and have to kill Rasputin, no? Might cause some...butthurt

Yes. That https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Rasputin_Must_Die!

On the Reign of Winter page ( https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Reign_of_Winter )

"The search for the Queen of Witches finally ends when the Dancing Hut travels to Baba Yaga's homeland of Russia on the planet Earth. The year is 1918, and the First World War rages throughout Europe. The heroes find themselves in the wilds of Siberia, where they must face Russian soldiers armed with 20th-century technology to infiltrate an ancient monastery and rescue Baba Yaga from her estranged son, Grigori Rasputin. Can the heroes kill the "Mad Monk," who has already cheated death oncehttps://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Reign_of_Winter before, and free Baba Yaga, or will they too fall before the horrors of modern war?"

Ch0sZho.png

Maybe a module where for once you don't need to romance main female antagonist to get perfect ending.

Is confirmed. Reign of Winter will be the next Paizo AP and you will need to romance the Winter Witch to get the perfect ending!!! hu3hu3hu3h3u

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Maybe a module where for once you don't need to romance main female antagonist to get perfect ending.

Knowing Owlcat it will be a module where you have to romance the main male antagonist. Works only for male characters. Just to not make female players feel left out a sex change potion will be provided to them.

In other news I'm almost finished with chapter 5 and the most epic moment of the game so far was inn defence on the third day of first chapter. Fighting epic demon lords feels like a barroom brawl compared to that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom