Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've taken to playing it on Normal now. :smug:
I switched to normal with my ill-fated wizard when I reached Lost Chapel at lvl 7. Soon after, I restarted with the cavalier.

It just feels smoother to play. Someone said they reckoned Owlcat basically balanced the game around Normal, and I think that's right. Some of the battles on Core have been awesome, it has to be said, but I think the game's a bit too rickety, too unreliable and janky to be smooth fun on the harder difficulties just yet (no doubt it will be in a year's time). Meanwhile, I can just pootle on with the the story and enjoy it as a power fantasy with occasional challenges, which seems to be what Owlcat wanted the majority of players to experience.

Parabalus

Arcane
How the fuck are you supposed to beat the arena fight with just Sosiel and his brother?
I had Sosiel drink a cocktail of potions and buffs before the fight, but Trevor still dies within seconds and Sosiel gets worn down over time.

My PC was a Trickster and Persuasion trick affected them even though he wasn't on the map, they got rekt.

Without that no idea, there were like 20 demons.

What's disgusting about Trickster musical theme Hóngwèibīng? :(
Nothing. Love the game's OST.

I just don't see the appeal of Tricksters from a roleplaying perspective.

Some Trickster highlights:

You prank Noticula, she appears in clown dress, then you waste her
You crown a King of the Tavern, who kills demons with beer
Lager Beer elementals
You turn several enemies into potted plants
You turn a Vrock into a dragon and it fights on your side in A6
You can also turn Nurah (though everyone can do this, A2)
The rapey Asimaar in A4 can be turned into a woman and tasefully raped by the Asimaar women he raped
You turn the Worldwound into a crossroad of planes and Drezen into an interreality hub

It is very lolrandom, not recommended for a first run imo.

jungl

Augur
played a little after lost chapel yesterday. Game just feels low quality. Lot of bugs everywhere. Mount getting stuck on terrain. Area exits disappearing, heroes battles abilities not working. Owlfat definitely does not deserve anyones 60 bucks.

The actual combat is less interesting and thought involving then rpgmaker titles I played in past few years lol. They balance very hard fights by giving enemy high AC what you can make very easy by spamming overpowered clickys or simply using spells, CM and stuff that bypasses AC.

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
lolrandom

I will be more specific. If you know the background and the characters that are referred to, the situations that are being set up are not random at all. They are exactly what I'm expecting to find!
Maybe I do not foresee the execution, but in practice I can tell before. Those that need to be ridiculed will be, it's all I wish to say. I'm not clicking on your spoiler for obvious reasons.

As for being more or less adecuate for a first run, I've read the module, I'm a GM after all. I think that in my case it's the one that will give me the most surprises. I can see why it holds less appeal to others but imho they should definitely try it. Maybe I'm enjoying this precisely because I'm not taking it seriously.

Also, Phfr.

Rafidur

Learned
kPgs1xX.png

Really? Really? Who balances this garbage?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I usually don't buy stuff from vendors because I like saving money in case of market crash, but what the actual fuck:

cloack.png
I saw screenshots of this in this same thread, but I thought it was a late game item, definitely not something available as soon as you take Drezen...

Salvo

Arcane
I usually don't buy stuff from vendors because I like saving money in case of market crash, but what the actual fuck:

cloack.png
I saw screenshots of this in this same thread, but I thought it was a late game item, definitely not something available as soon as you take Drezen...
It's a good item, but don't get your pants in a twist since fort is a very strong save for demons

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
I usually don't buy stuff from vendors

No. Don't buy I found it 'coz I went to a level 28 area when I was 10 :( <------- That is I fought a 28 HD creature there. Owlcat.

Edit: It's incredibly strong for the levels I am now, I have it on my Smilo and I'm debating if I just leave the thing home. Game is just too easy.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Achievements seem to be working ok now, at least I got the prologue ice elemental Core-and-higher achievement finally, on like the 5th character that's done it.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Praise Summoned Vrock. Deskari Devastator was kicking my butt then i summoned him, Vrok tanked that bitch while my Scion and Woljif triggered a billion AoOs.

Fuck Regill/Seelah/Camellia , my new best friend is Vrok.

Zayne

Scholar
Finally finished the game, Core + Advanced AI, 111 hours according to game, 144 hours with reloads according to steam.

Threshold was better than the House at the Edge of Time - overbuffed demon groups were annoying, but mainly because they ran away from my Aivy and I was forced to chase them down, pulling some more groups in the process.

The attack on my camp took me by surprise. I've expected something like that in Alunishyrra, when I've went to confront Hempzamirah, so my camp was guarded by level 15-16 in moderate gear. Except for Lann, who was properly geared and leveled for his personal quest.
Demons killed everyone except for Lann and Regill, but then my Azata appeared(controlled by AI) and tore through the demons like knife through butter. Don't know if it's a bug or feature, but I would've lost without his intervention.

Also Areelu told some crystory about me being reincarnation of her dead son. Don't care, bitch, to the Abyss with you.

The crusade was kinda bugged and I couldn't level up Logistics and Military, so got average ending for Drezen and my legacy.

Still, I got one of the nicest slides
7Hnbz1j.png

Overall, good game, really great in Alushinyrra, but I've liked Kingmaker a bit more. But that's probably because of the original adventure path choice.
In my opinion they either should've went full Planescape level of epicness, without spending most of the time in Golarion or done something more grounded.

Parabalus

Arcane

cloack.png

There's one available which is a drop, think it's a small one encounter area in A3.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
It's a good item, but don't get your pants in a twist since fort is a very strong save for demons
Sure, but it's almost too easy to debuff enemies' saves in this game. Between Dirge of Doom, Archon's Aura, and Evil Eye, you can already lower everyone's saves by 8. If you add also Challenge Evil from a mounted character, it's another guaranteed -2 from an unavoidable Sickened.

I've been there recently so I can spoil the exact location, if he so wishes. Just ask NJClaw!
Spoil away the location, I'll gladly use two of these bad boys.

Zayne

Scholar

cloack.png
If you can land a hit on an enemy, you'll kill him faster with damage rather than with CON damage. And if you can't land a hit, this item is useless.
Ofc, you can try to cheese with True Strike, but regular magic attacks will probably serve you better.

ArchAngel

Arcane
OK I am in Act 3 and I killed the
Red Dragon
, I am not satisfied with loot I got there. BG2 did it better. Although the two
surprise battles on the way with zero buffing were interesting twist

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Without spoilers if possible.

Is the ending poor regardless of choices? Seem to get that impression here without reading too much since I plan to finish it one day... in a far away future.

Sharpedge

Prophet

Is the ending poor regardless of choices? Seem to get that impression here without reading too much since I plan to finish it one day... in a far away future.
No. The ending is dramatically different depending on both the choices you make as well as your mythic path.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
If you can land a hit on an enemy, you'll kill him faster with damage rather than with CON damage. And if you can't land a hit, this item is useless.
Ofc, you can try to cheese with True Strike, but regular magic attacks will probably serve you better.
Of course you'll probably kill an enemy faster with regular damage, but dealing 2 points of CON damage means reducing the enemy's HP by 1 for each HD he has. And in this game everyone and their mother seems to have tons of HD.

I think you also aren't giving enough credit to the Staggered condition, which prevents the enemy from making a full attack.

Parabalus

Arcane

No. The ending is dramatically different depending on both the choices you make as well as your mythic path.

If the ending is bad it's because the player played poorly.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom