Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
If you can land a hit on an enemy, you'll kill him faster with damage rather than with CON damage. And if you can't land a hit, this item is useless.

You're somwhat mistaken on the item's purpose, It's only drawback is it uses the mantle slot, which is a valuable one, since it increases saves, commonly.

29 DC save means that the usual enemies I find (max 17 Fort) needs a 12 to save vs an action I would basically do nonetheless, attacking. COS damage is always good, because it's exponentially increased damage on HP. Each 2 stat damage you cause, it's multiplied by the HD of your target. Now, stat damage is hit and miss, since not every enemy needs all stats. But CON? Precious few entries in the monster manual do not need CON to live, you don't need to bring their stat to 0 to make their lives worse.

It's progressively going to phase out, and I'd never splurge monies on it (I'm cheap), but I found it at level 10-11 and it's immensely good. Additionally, even once I start hitting 20 Fort saves, they still have a 45% chance to get the effect. It's a very good animal companion item for mid-level imho.

On a sidenote, I finally encountered the first Demon Army my General couldn't defeat all alone just by bringing a single contingent of shield bearer to meme tank the damage. People talk about marksman but those guy really break the early Act III crusade:

W4fHK7H.gif

FriendlyMerchant

Did some testing with toybox. Just 20 Bloodrager/10 Demon. This is assuming you can actually get the +8 belts and level 20 character. Only really missing Vestement here.

6TgZT2g.jpg

Some interesting things you can do with this class.

6o4w3gU.jpg

Kux4Im9.jpg

7XOw0EZ.jpg

Sharpedge

Prophet
Mythic Rank 10 is only attained right before the final fight in the game. If you are going to plan a character, I would plan for mythic rank 7 or 8 at most, more realistically mythic rank 5. The items you have there can be obtained though, albeit very late in the game.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually warming up to Nenio.

She may be written like a obnoxious sitcom character, but at the same time, she's an empiricist. She doesn't care what anyone wants reality to be, she only cares what reality actually is. Gotta respect that in a world that seems to run on wish fumes.

If she was just a little less le funny nerd maymay, she would have been a fine companion, if only by virtue of contrast. Kinda like Regill.

Mortmal

Arcane
Did some testing with toybox. Just 20 Bloodrager/10 Demon. This is assuming you can actually get the +8 belts and level 20 character. Only really missing Vestement here.

6TgZT2g.jpg

6o4w3gU.jpg

Kux4Im9.jpg

7XOw0EZ.jpg
Dont know why but i read testosterone as your character name first time...

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some help needed. I'm in my second run, and I solved Woljif's stuff, Library, visited the Tower of Estrod without fighting, Feud of the Faithful, found Ramien's disciples, and did Gwerm's Mansion in one rest. Now can you remind me which parts of the Market and locations in the town are worth clearing out?

FriendlyMerchant

6TgZT2g.jpg

6o4w3gU.jpg

Kux4Im9.jpg

7XOw0EZ.jpg
Dont know why but i read testosterone as your character name first time...

That's the English Transliteration of his name.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Question for people who finished the game. Do you loose companions if you didn't finish their quests in the last chapter like in Kingmaker? One of the quests is broken for me and I wonder if I should get a merc.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
kPgs1xX.png

Really? Really? Who balances this garbage?
I dont know but apparently its not overtuned and completely fine, you should ask ga♥ or his friend D_X for more explanations.
By the way 72 ac on a char, roughly the same as a major deity , is not enough end game...
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of crybabies. Play on story mode instead of complaining about how scary the big numbers of the monsters are.

This game deserves a lot of harsh criticism for many different reasons, but high numbers hurting your feelings are not one of them.

Mortmal

Arcane
Question for people who finished the game. Do you loose companions if you didn't finish their quests in the last chapter like in Kingmaker? One of the quests is broken for me and I wonder if I should get a merc.
No you lose some as lich path, but not a big deal , really not a big deal, in fact good riddance sosiel and seelah. You lose them all as swarm.

Mortmal

Arcane
kPgs1xX.png

Really? Really? Who balances this garbage?
I dont know but apparently its not overtuned and completely fine, you should ask ga♥ or his friend D_X for more explanations.
By the way 72 ac on a char, roughly the same as a major deity , is not enough end game...
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of crybabies. Play on story mode instead of complaining about how scary the big numbers of the monsters are.

This game deserves a lot of harsh criticism for many different reasons, but high numbers hurting your feelings are not one of them.
Hey dumbfuck, yes no need to tell you something else by now, if you get to this AC and tht kind of numbers it negates 99% of the choices, this is not a rpg anymore.It's barely an hack and slash and get your build online and copy like for diablo.

Shadenuat

Arcane
What constitutes that number?
If it's armor, you can sunder it, use touch attacks
if it's dex or dodge, you can flatfoot enemy, paralyze, blind, etc.
if it's combination of spells > dispel
high natural would probably be only one that is banal, and points out to using some other forms of damage (still doesn't protect against Touch)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I mean, that AC means nothing in a vacuum. For all we know, that thing could die to a single forced reflex save.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Play on story mode instead of complaining about how scary the big numbers of the monsters are.

Numbers should represent something. Number inflation is a problem just like currency inflation is a problem IRL.

Also, a lot of crazy high numbers makes the difference between pure RP builds and tryhard builds too big hence makes a lot of fun builds non possible to be played in core difficulty. Mephistopheles in P&P has 48 AC. If your char has more AC than it, yes, the game is too inflated.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"You get an adamantine glaive from the previous act boss, "

Nah. That thing vanishes while on the world for me. Funny enough, my main damage dealer uses glaives. LMAO

Just *poof*. No explainations. :(

Mortmal

Arcane
"You get an adamantine glaive from the previous act boss, "

Nah. That thing vanishes while on the world for me. Funny enough, my main damage dealer uses glaives. LMAO

Just *poof*. No explainations. :(
it's possible you lost it as it's getting upgraded int he crusade management event like the many many relics.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hey dumbfuck, yes no need to tell you something else by now, if you get to this AC and tht kind of numbers it negates 99% of the choices, this is not a rpg anymore.It's barely an hack and slash and get your build online and copy like for diablo.
What are you even talking about? If high numbers make things too difficult for you to enjoy the game with your build, PLAY ON FUCKING STORY MODE. There are seven difficulty levels in this game, what's the point of playing it on a difficulty you don't enjoy?

Is your ego so fragile that you need the difficulty settings of a game to tell you that you're "normal"?

Numbers should represent something. Number inflation is a problem just like currency inflation is a problem IRL.
And do you expect a Pathfinder game based on the Wrath of the Righteous module to do away with numbers inflation? Are you out of your mind?

Also, a lot of crazy high numbers makes the difference between pure RP builds and tryhard builds too big hence makes a lot of fun builds non possible to be played in core difficulty.
I'm astonished, seriously. If a lot of fun builds aren't good enough for Core, PLAY ON A LOWER DIFFICULTY.

Sharpedge

Prophet
What constitutes that number?
If it's armor, you can sunder it, use touch attacks
if it's dex or dodge, you can flatfoot enemy, paralyze, blind, etc.
if it's combination of spells > dispel
high natural would probably be only one that is banal, and points out to using some other forms of damage (still doesn't protect against Touch)
There are actually a few enemies who do just have high natural, but there are also some weapons which ignore the natural as well, so there is also a solution for that.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Also it's pure nonsense. One of the most appealing aspects of DnD is that the numbers are not bullshit. 18 str is peak human performance, that allows you to carry such and such weight. Mythical monsters are stronger. Back in ADnD it felt great to get over that in some way, for example getting the belts in BG2. Now it's a bit more lax of course. But if numbers go high enough it's indistinguishable from JRPG where characters start with 10 str and go up to 1000. What does str 1000 even means? Is the character really 100 times stronger than a normal human? Does it mean he can lift an oil tanker now? Same with AC 72. Tarrasque has BAB +30. A gang of these would have trouble hitting something like that.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Planning on second playthrough on hard (last 1 was core) and want to try evil options this time. Anyone has tried swarm is it a buggy mess? Other than that deciding between lich/trickster melee char.

Sharpedge

Prophet
Planning on second playthrough on hard (last 1 was core) and want to try evil options this time. Anyone has tried swarm is it a buggy mess? Other than that deciding between lich/trickster melee char.
Swarm is a buggy mess. If you want to go evil either go Lich, Devil or Demon. The aforementioned lich is potentially also a buggy mess however, so keep that in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom