Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Mortmal

Arcane
Hey dumbfuck, yes no need to tell you something else by now, if you get to this AC and tht kind of numbers it negates 99% of the choices, this is not a rpg anymore.It's barely an hack and slash and get your build online and copy like for diablo.
What are you even talking about? If high numbers make things too difficult for you to enjoy the game with your build, PLAY ON FUCKING STORY MODE. There are seven difficulty levels in this game, what's the point of playing it on a difficulty you don't enjoy?

Is your ego so fragile that you need the difficulty settings of a game to tell you that you're "normal"?

Numbers should represent something. Number inflation is a problem just like currency inflation is a problem IRL.
And do you expect a Pathfinder game based on the Wrath of the Righteous module to do away with numbers inflation? Are you out of your mind?

Also, a lot of crazy high numbers makes the difference between pure RP builds and tryhard builds too big hence makes a lot of fun builds non possible to be played in core difficulty.
I'm astonished, seriously. If a lot of fun builds aren't good enough for Core, PLAY ON A LOWER DIFFICULTY.

Most often you dont read, and when you do you dont understand , but its my fault i'll make it easier.

ME <-- thats me , FINISHED GAME , FINISHED EVERY GAMES, NOTHING TOO HARD FOR ME
ME THINK ITS POPAMOLE SHIT , NOT LIKE TRUE RPG.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
And do you expect a Pathfinder game based on the Wrath of the Righteous module to do away with numbers inflation? Are you out of your mind?

AC in the original adventure go up to only 45. This one is all on Owlcat. I wished people stopped blaming all the game faults on Pazio. They are shitty but they aren't the devil.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Quick question to the people who are playing more intensely than me - which Path would you say has the most unique conversations/outcomes/options etc.?

Sharpedge

Prophet
NJClaw what Mortmal is arguing is that a choice is not a choice if you cannot finish the game with it (its a false choice, since choosing it bars you completion). Whether or not this is true is up for debate, but regardless of whether or not its true, the burden of proof is still on him to show that most choices are negated.

Sunri

Liturgist
h00PNkF.png

I love those graphical gliches that are showing wisdom drain when my characters are fine :argh:

Mortmal

Arcane
NJClaw what Mortmal is arguing is that a choice is not a choice if you cannot finish the game with it (its a false choice, since choosing it bars you completion). Whether or not this is true is up for debate, but regardless of whether or not its true, the burden of proof is still on him to show that most choices are negated.
I linked end game demons stats much earlier, basic primary school math is evidence enough . you need extremely high stats to hit them and not get hit, what else do you need ?

Shadenuat

Arcane
NJClaw what Mortmal is arguing is that a choice is not a choice if you cannot finish the game with it (its a false choice, since choosing it bars you completion). Whether or not this is true is up for debate
It's not up to debate, of course it is not true.

If you could use same choice through whole game, it's PoE1 unpatched where you grease flying dragons.

A challenging game should force you to change and rotate choices, so whats was good early game should eventually not be so good. Abilities could have different uses at different stages of the game. Something can make game easier for you early game, but be bad at endgame. It is up to you to balance these things out in a party of 6 characters.

I linked end game demons stats much earlier, basic primary school math is evidence enough . you need extremely high stats to hit them and not get hit, what else do you need ?
Would you prefer inverse, requiring low stats to hit endgame enemies?

Also it's pure nonsense.
Yes, Pathfinder is a powerbuilding nonsense.

Number inflation is a problem
Viktor u are of age, you can marry

owlcat waifu, 150 classes, 10000 spells, play lich, 1 shot things with mythic spells many damage
sawyerinna, no inflation, quite balanced, dagger +1 armed

there is no harem ending.

Mortmal

Arcane
NJClaw what Mortmal is arguing is that a choice is not a choice if you cannot finish the game with it (its a false choice, since choosing it bars you completion). Whether or not this is true is up for debate

If you could use same choice through whole game, it's PoE1 unpatched where you grease flying dragons.

A challenging game should force you to change and rotate choices, so whats was good early game should eventually not be so good. Abilities could have different uses at different stages of the game. Something can make game easier for you early game, but be bad at endgame. It is up to you to balance these things out.

No but something more similar to the ruleset and AP. Of course you need to tune it for rtwp, but not that bad. ANyway , they will undoubtly change it sooner and later .

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Morveg is down and took him at level 10, really hard fight but Eldritch Scion deals big damage. BUT I CAN'T FIND THOSE DAMMED UNIQUE THROWING AXES :argh::argh::argh:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Yes, but faults that were already present in the original became exaggerated in the games.
Which is close to inevitable, unless you heavily reduce players options to very strict, giving them not experience they could build themselves, but one which fits your personal designer's vision.

Mortmal

Arcane
Most often you dont read, and when you do you dont understand , but its my fault i'll make it easier.

ME THINK ITS POPAMOLE SHIT , NOT LIKE TRUE RPG.
Shh, take it easy brother. Recovering from grease addiction is hard, we know. We're here for you. :love:
Well grease is one of my favorite spells , stinking cloud too, it was far too easy with that in kingmaker. However in wotr that's simple, in the end no control spells at all, spam the same few damage spells. Except one ! The kineticist deadly earth, a broken spell applying more damage than it should in kingmaker still works in wotr.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"it's possible you lost it as it's getting upgraded int he crusade management event like the many many relics."

*barf*

HAHAHAHAHAA.

Between all this talk about how 'buggy' this game, and how kingdom management is so 'click it fast so you actually play the game' it makes one so paranoid, I completely shitfaced out of noticing I chose to study the sword.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

People claim this game makes you think, but I disagree, it clearly makes one dumber if possible since HOW THE FUKK DID I NOT REALIZE THIS SOONER.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks.

Gotta wait 5 in game days to make sure, but I'm 99.9% sure this is what happened.

Another thing that makes one nervous nelly is I *just* realized you can't simply remove equipment by dragging it on the world map screen. You have to right click to equip/unequip stuff. LMAO

Now, that I made myself look like a normal idiot Codexer....

On to grease. Grease is way too powerful as a 1st level spell and should be nerved since it should not be making otherwise powerful enemies easy.

My suggestion that will never be used: 1. You only suffer a normal ST vs it when you are moving, -5ST if charging. If you are just standing there you should still have to save but at a +2 or even +5 since you are less likely to flop like a fish when standing still. LMAO This doesn't completely nerf it but it makes it less likely characters who are just standing there don't spaz out like old geezers.

Sharpedge

Prophet

A challenging game should force you to change and rotate choices, so whats was good early game should eventually not be so good. Abilities could have different uses at different stages of the game. Something can make game easier for you early game, but be bad at endgame. It is up to you to balance these things out in a party of 6 characters.
[Narrator]: Sharpedge attempts to bait others into engaging in this argument.
[Narrator]: *Rolls Dice* 20.
[Narrator]: It was super effective.

Shadenuat

Arcane
My suggestion
Identical spells simply shouldn't stack in any way, if there are multiple, the highest level version should take effect. Casting identical spell on other existing could increase its area and length etc.
If you have problems with turdomancers in your game, introduce more FOM and various levitating enemies into monstruary, or make it counterable by some other level 1 spell (magic missile/shield). Even if you have AI which is dumb as bricks and runs right into party and can't dispel enemy area spells, slapping such spell on them as prebuff/item/natural ability wouldn't be a problem.

Mortmal

Arcane
However in wotr that's simple, in the end no control spells at all,
Lord forgive me, Desuman literally spelled it out, Putrefaction then Phantasmal Web, works great with Nenio, is even well supported by items. No need to spam Grease brother, there are other spells.
[.
yes but .. Nenio... and that combo isn't nearly as good tbh.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some help needed. I'm in my second run, and I solved Woljif's stuff, Library, visited the Tower of Estrod without fighting, Feud of the Faithful, found Ramien's disciples, and did Gwerm's Mansion in one rest. Now can you remind me which parts of the Market and locations in the town are worth clearing out?
Keep to the middle.

But, you should be able to rest twice before your tavern defense kicks in.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
My "what are you even talking about?" wasn't a "your thoughts are so deep that I can't understand them" but a "it doesn't make sense to complain about a certain difficulty level making subpar builds not playable, because there are more difficulty settings in this game than in the last ten I played put together". He wants to play on a difficulty level explicitly not recommended if you don't want to optimize your party and, at the same time, he doesn't want to optimize his party to match that difficulty. It doesn't make sense. Normal, Casual, and Story mode are there to be used exactly in these cases.

Sick burn.

Mortmal, I don't want to be mean to you, but right now you seem unable to understand what I'm saying.

I'm not suggesting that you're bad at the game or that the game is too hard for you. I know you have enough knowledge about the Pathfinder system to breeze through a CRPG based on it. What I'm saying is that complaining about the high numbers making it not an RPG because non-optimal builds aren't viable doesn't make sense, because the difficulty settings have a big impact on those numbers and no one is forcing anyone to play on Core. If someone wants to play a non optimal build in a non optimal party, he can just play on Casual or Story mode. What's the big deal?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
owlcat waifu, 150 classes, 10000 spells, play lich, 1 shot things with mythic spells many damage
sawyerinna, no inflation, quite balanced, dagger +1 armed

Obviously I would take OwlCat. But I'm pretty sure that if this game had :
  • better writing
  • Better AI for enemies in combat
  • Less inflation
Would be extremely better. I also believe that there are better APs to be adapted. There are 24 adventure paths. Legacy of Fire allows PC's to play a bit in city of brass which would be amazing and unique. Rise of the Runelords, explore the ruins of a ancient magocracy. Second Darkness, focus on "underdark". Serpent's Skull is "seeking Eldorado" . Jade Regent, high fantasy ancient China. Skull & Shackles, high fantasy pirates with firearms and you can own a island. Reign of Winter is about curse of the winter expanding. Mummy's Mask is high fantasy ancient egypt. Iron Gods is high tech, high magic ancient tech artifact exploration. Giantslayer is about a warmonger giant with a artifact. So many cool unique ideas.

I liked WoTR but I would like way more to play other modules. Only because I wrote some critiques towards WoTR, doesn't mean that I din't liked or that I prefer Sawyer pillars over it.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Or, they could just adapt a lower level module like one that goes up to level 10 with a 20 point buy so we could have less inflation??

Goddamn munchkins

Sharpedge

Prophet
My "what are you even talking about?" wasn't a "your thoughts are so deep that I can't understand them" but a "it doesn't make sense to complain about a certain difficulty level making subpar builds not playable, because there are more difficulty settings in this game than in the last ten I played put together". He wants to play on a difficulty level explicitly not recommended if you don't want to optimize your party and, at the same time, he doesn't want to optimize his party to match that difficulty. It doesn't make sense. Normal, Casual, and Story mode are there to be used exactly in these cases.
I am just making sure everyone is on the same page. :M

Shaki

Arbiter
No but something more similar to the ruleset and AP. Of course you need to tune it for rtwp, but not that bad. ANyway , they will undoubtly change it sooner and later .

"I understand that enemies need to be tuned to account for rtwp combat, overabundance of magic items, one player controlling full party, being able to make insane munchkin builds that no sane DM would allow, and dumb and exploitable AI controlling the enemies instead of DM doing it. But I want them to tune it only to the point, where I can still play on high difficulty settings and pretend to be a hardcore gamer, while actually sucking at the game"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom