Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Who's smart retard? Who enters McDonalds in Belgrade/Warsaw/Moscow as if it's temple and eats BigMac as if it is altar bread? And who has been Western cultural slut for decades? Oh it's Slavic urban inteligentzia

You westerners don't know what I'm talking about, but among Slavs there are a lot middle class urban westboos. How weeaboos see Japan, that's how they see the West

CharacterNik

Novice
How to join the revolutionaries?
I have done the robbery with pencil and he told me the scientist is probably kept in a secret prison, but i dont know where to go next.
Seven heavens guard needs a special 1000 rubles pass, where you can get that?[/QUO TE]
Go to Michalich bar and ask him for Papers then go outside and You will start Revolutionist Questline.

jackofshadows

Magister
Holyfuck, your hate boner for anything Russian is so strong. Only Russian urban inteligentzia can hate Russian RPGs with such passion

Trudograd is like New Vegas, almost completely spared of nuclear hellfire. Did you even pay attention during game or were you too pre-occupied with using every.single.possible.way to min-max gameplay so you can flex over Devs how combat is "piss-easy". Autistic munchkin, Slavic variant
Not my fault exactly these two RPGs (plus some bonus scamware that shouldn't be mentioned) that you are jizzing over for them being pozz-free turned out to be this underwhelming. Here, take a look: it's me praising... a brand new Russian RPG. How's that possible, right? So stop spewing this shit already, it's fucking annoying. Go fight the pozz somewhere else, preferably in WotR thread.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
The Borometz seeds quest - any difference whether you give him Judas tree, wolfseed or the real deal?
Every choice here makes for 5-6 different rumors for different people.
Ok, so I finished and have some thoughts. First off, the game looks and sounds really great albeit funnily enough, the location guy overdid things here and there. Second, many by now know my opinion on ATOM's writing but I won't delve into that anyway because I've played in Russian and from what I've seen the translation might vary quite a lot in the little things that matter. I'm so tired of zany stuff, overly expressions and excessive wordiness in general of the Russian version that I just will simply say one last time that I consider the writing aspect abysmal and be done with it. Mind you, I have some questions regarding "big" things in it as well but rather not to talk about them.

With that out of the way, let's proceed to the game mechanics and what has changed since ATOM RPG, which was in itself mechanically wise pretty much a carbon copy of Fallout with the exception of the completely reworked perk system. Coincidentally, their new perk system was considered the weakest game's point so it underwent a major revision in Trudograd. The main problem with the old perk system was that for the entire game player could learn just a several mostly non-impactful abilities therefore enhance his char only so much, it was simply no fun. With the new one I see the opposite problem: at some point you just don't know what to learn anymore despite the apparent abundance.
28216BEBBCDD41475E6E45BE1EB387BE5039E2A9
Sorry enough, said point may be reached quite early even in case of starting a new char because the starting level is 15 which means you can buy a handful amount of abilities initially not to mention import cases of 20, 25 or higher level chars. You have your chosen weapon tree and trust me: the game is unable to encourage you to develop more than one combat skill, you have the survival tree for your char to become tougher and you have the crafting/thievery/general tree where you might also wanna learn a few perks right away like +20% XP perma bonus. So in practice, while you see a lot of options, you actually want only a very limited amount for whatever your char's archetype and there's no shortage of points for that. Disappointing.

So, the perk tree has been revised, but what else? What about the encounter design, what about combat in general? I'd lie if I said there's the same old, same old; they added a few actual tactical tools like smoke grenades or now there's the new awesome piercing mechanic. But before we talk about that, we should address the elephant in the room or should I say the metal beast in the room: the powerspecial armor. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. I mean, pretty sure they wanted to add that thing long before the actual expansion-turned-out-to-be-sequel development but then either things gone off the rails too quickly (the tier upgrades, the modifications, the special moves/features - it's all so cool! let's add this, let's add that etc etc) or the idea of so called agent walking around Trudograd in that most of the playthrough and smashing pathetic thugs or bums if desired left and right was theirs all along.

Sure, the armor isn't cheap by all means but accumulating money is a natural process in Trudograd: you really don't have to spent them on anything, you're swimming in quest rewards, free loot, if you got some basic gear and develop combat skill there's the whole random encounter's gold mine... So you just buy that goddamned armor rather sooner than later. It would be so much better if the thing would be either accessible in the latest stage of the game only or designed as a massive trade-off. Like, yeah, you got your huge damage thresholds and resistances but you receive some severe penalties (6-8 hard ap cap for instance or vulnerability to certain types of attacks, to critical hits, anything). All you get in turn is a huge sneak penalty which means you cannot effectively skip random encounters with said skill. That's it. Yes, you also get a big evasion penalty which indirectly would mean you'd be hit critically much more often if they wouldn't balance it out back by adding basically the reverse bonus to the armor in question. The end result looks more or less like this:
1BF18E772D4AAF0539A4CD0A57C5700D6A905516

Hey mum, I got 143 body damage resistance, how's that even works? Mum, I'm also a bit drugged.
With that kind of defence, you are only vulnerable to critical hits so unless you're playing on survival (ironman mode), you have nothing to worry about. If something went wrong, you just go into the inventory and guzzle some stims just like in the good old Fallout. How exciting. Before I forget, here's the reminder that subj doesn't have a proper cover system. Now, to the offence: things have not gone too far from Fallout as well. For example, thanks to the certain perk there's literally no reason not to shoot in the eyes with a rifle. And the cost of the aimed shot is just +1 more ap than the usual one. And the cost is the same regardless of the type of a shot. Yeah, just like in the... At this point I'd like to digress and resort to the recent quote of some guy:
Fallout, like Arcanum and Torment, is too venerable to be improved. Doesn't mean they're perfect (the flaws are obvious but I'd attribute them to all too understandable development constraints rather than mistakes) but it would be too arrogant to think we can somehow do better. So Fallout will forever remain a inspiration, not a target for improvement.
Hah! Easy for him to say things like that. In all seriousness, I've no idea what AtomTeam were trying to achieve: if they were trying to *improve* the formula, then they have failed miserably. If they were simply trying to recreate it, just on their own terms, then I'm... still not sure what's the point in that. Either way, there's nothing for RPG enthusiasts there, it's "been there, done that" all over. Referring to the new combat-related stuff and the encounter design: now you can see why it was a wasted effort. And there was an effort, I must say.

Tl;dr regarding combat aspect: it's completely and utterly ruined, not worth the time unless you want to shoot/whack some stuff after a busy day in the sorta familiar manner.

The quest design is ok.

P.S. I don't wanna leave a negative review on Steam because I wish the best for AtomTeam in their endeavours hence ^ this instead.
I don't think I'll be capable of a thorough and long reply here because:
1. I don't get you!!! And I don't mean it like a bad thing or an insult or whatever, I literally don't get how your mind works. You know how you post those screenshots to our steam? From the discussions and short comments you have in the commentfield and description of those screenshots, it becomes apparent that you see something laughable, cringeworthy or bad in the text, but sometimes I don't understand which part of the text you even mean!! That one screenshot where your protag is talking to the fishpeople, and you wrote something along the lines of "this reference would've been funny if the author did not self-censor it" nearly cost me my sanity, because I wrote that text, and to my knowledge it didn't even have a reference. I had to call my partner in writing up in the middle of the night, send him your screenshot, and ask him to find the reference, and after some time he proposed that you thought the line "ихтиандры хреновы" was a reference to a ДМБ movie where a character used the phrase "ихтиандры хуевы", see what I mean? Last time I saw a ДМБ movie I was 10! I wrote the word ихтиандры because their in-game name is ichto, so same Latin root. What I do remember about the DMB movies though is that they were written by Ilya Ohlobistin, but if you like his writing why don't you like the writing of the guys who stole his tone for a good chunk of the in-game dialogues? Certain characters speak in almost-quotes from Даун Хаус! and Мусорщик!! Just tears my mind apart! So indeed, it's pretty useless talking about the language. Either you operate on a disturbingly high level of consciousness, or I am too much of a peasant. I still value it all, I think you know the game more than I do in some aspects. WHich brings me to:
2. Combat. I won't pretend I understood this feedback completely, especially the last part where you say it's ruined. I think it's pretty fun. Then again, my only contribution to it was improving on the ability to shoot/whack some stuff after a busy day in the sorta familiar manner. I copypasted your post into a google doc and sent it to our dedicated balance guy who made encounters and power armor, adding that this looks like a very important critique I DEMAND he reads, understands, and tries to act upon. No promises though! But that's what I did. I also can sorta address the Fallout question. Like with that DMB reference, that really isn't the layer we operate on. To be honest, most of us never even played or mentioned Fallout during the development, we just wanted to make Atom's combat again but with more variables such as Special Armor, mods, and other popularly demanded stuff most wanted from us. We never, like, sat in a dining room inside a grim castle during a thunderstorm, plotting on "let's copy this from Fallout... And improve upon that from Fallout." Most of our Fallout conversations went 10+ years ago, when we were like "hey, doesn't it suck they won't release Van Buren? Let's make a game to play instead of Van Buren." We never agreed to copy or clone or improve Fallout, we made what felt right, what we wanted to play, and it just turned out to look like a Fallout, because we all love Fallout I guess.
Glad you like the quest design though! If I get some actual feedback from the combat guy, I'll be sure to share it. I'm sorry I can't say anything cohesive but I appreciate your feedback nonetheless!
The above review actually sort of makes me glad I did not play too far into the first ATOM game. This game taken in isolation is probably quite enjoyable. Taken as part of the set it sounds like you end up with 'more of the same', but then, many games are like that so not sure this is all that different in that regard.
Like I said above I can't judge the review too much, but I don't think he said the two games are one and the same! I mean he wrote about the changes PA made, etc. And it is pretty different from a setting and general story perspectives.

It seems Trudograd is the only game without any big problems out of the three russian rpg releases of this month.

Reading the threads, Pathfinder has terrible writing derived from the WotR adventure path and Encased falls apart after the first 20%.

Good thing I spent money only on Trudograd.
Thank you dude!!! Though to be honest I'm pretty scared when players view us as competition to these games. First off a lot of my guys know and highly value & respect a lot of their guys, so it kinda jabs me the wrong way when I hear that our game's existence costs them a sale, thought that's business for ya I guess so it's pretty lame of me to bitch about that. And secondly, despite reading this a few times, I still can't honestly wrap my mind around the fact someone could really value our work over such huge, shiny, publisher-backed projects. On one hand, I value certain indies over certain AA\AAA from the same genre myself, on the other it's still strange to me. But it's very humbling and pleasant to hear. Thank you! We won't disappoint.

You can have a lot of one night stands! And there IS a VERY special prostitute in the docks.

I only found two so far, one in the outskirts, one in the scrapyard, might be one in the factory but she's stalling even if we both know she wants it badly.
It's not fun at all with prostitutes, housewives and secretaries is the shit!

That's what's missing from arcanum...

This, good encounter design, good dungeon design and good character development...

Is there anything you can do with the rock with the hole on Skull Island?

It might have something to do with

The mysterious key

You get it from the docks area

From the accordion player

Just heal him if you can

Atomboy

Some suggestions:
  • Being able to filter items by weight (weight by stack) in the inventory would help a lot to know what to sell/get rid of in priority.
  • A clean crafting components button for the crafting interface would be nice too

Minor bugs
  • Inventory filters aren't always saved when switching characters, I have no idea why.
  • Weapon mods don't display (apply?) perks like +stun and +piercing armor (skill requirements work), damage is only max damage, might be worth mentioning somewhere, display works for this too.

I disagree with Jackou's review, there's still room for improvement but it's still very good, better than ATOM even, if ATOM was your Fallout 2, Trudograd is Fallout 1, more focused (and with a lot improvements as well), i'll write a short review once i've completed it.
Beware the secretaries, because there's a certain one that might just break your heart...
As far as I can see Combat, UI and Encounter balance are what troubles the players the most, so these suggestions are very helpful, I'll be sure to spread them to the team!
And thanks for the bugs, will check!
Finally finished Trudograd! I created a new character because my recent playthrough of Atom RPG was on Android, so no savegame import for me.
Even with 15 lvl starting character I had zero problems with skill checks and fights.

I loved winter setting. Snow to the roof Soviet city with royal militia , revolutionist scum , dirty haji (чурки) bands from north , 4 riders of Bombagun and ofcourse condensed milk.

Locations are super detailed ! Maybe even too much. Soviet people would steal 99% of stuff that are on the streets. Metal , plastic , rocks, doors, windows, radiators , old cars. Fucking everything. I know what I am talking about.
Poverty can make startling things.
Graphics are amazing 10/10. In some moments i almost felt that snow blizzard in the streets.

Loved the soundtrack , but i played Trudograd 90% of the time with Visotskiy Vladimir Semyonovich on maximum volume and it only made it better!

Trudograd has amazing quest design . Spy mission near the Skull Island made my inners super hard . Movies nowadays have worse scripts than this one mission.

Loved the diesel fueled Power Armor animations and sounds. In terms of art it is amazing but it breaks the balance.
I have two questions:
1) Where is radiation?
2) Where are sewers? Half of the game I had loading screen with stalker and ooze fight in the sewers. I encountered oozes only two times and visited sewers zero times. It felt like the sewers were cut from the game.

Overall i enjoyed the game. Big kudos to Atom Team . I will wait for Android release and buy it there . ( I know I am a pervert).
Atom RPG: Trudograd :5/5:
Hi! Thank you for your feedback, but first thing I wanna mention is that Android's cloud account saves still work for Trudograd! At least they should and they did. You can even transfer saves from Switch!!!
Glad that wasnt a problem for you though!
I'm actually really glad you liked so much of it, thank you! The tanker mission was basically a botched attempt to make a huge MGS2 reference, but it became very distinct and far from the original idea in time, more like a Hong Kong crime movie :D I love it myself.
In lore, Trudograd was the single strategic object worthy of American nukes in a VERY large area, and every single nuke launched at it was stopped by the secret thing you might or might not discover the origins of which hints at the sequel and doesn't show up anywhere. So basically it and hundreds of kilometers around it went untouched. But you still get a radioactive object for a certain quest, meet people who suffered from it, and in case you really look for it, you will find that fallout messed with the climate. The part of Russia where Trudograd is located never supposed to have such winters. It was an arid steppe before the nukes, and there's something in the water as well. We disposed of the radiation mechanic to make radiation much more insidious in a certain way. It's like an invisible ax dangling above everything, but never felt or discovered by characters, excluding certain quests. Even when you're safe, you're not safe.
There are underground areas now, some pretty hard to discover, but we'll most probably add more sewers in a free DLC one day. Some on the team want them and there are at least a few players who asked the same question as you so it's our job to deliver!
Edit: I totally ignored the Android question though: we want to make a port, but we are not ready to decide when to start, and it will take at least a year after the point we start, so no ETA

How to join the revolutionaries?
I have done the robbery with pencil and he told me the scientist is probably kept in a secret prison, but i dont know where to go next.
Seven heavens guard needs a special 1000 rubles pass, where you can get that?

The most obvious route is to search for info about Inverter in rust quarter. A guy there will inevitably point you to Police & Revolutionary spokepersons who will offer you to join up with either faction.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
gCYGD02.png

I love this game!

Some bugs related to Revolutionary playthrough:
1. When calling ATOM before getting pass from Shrike, it says to get it form Shapkievich.
2. After getting the pass from Shrike, you get this:
keeWkiK.png

Journal is ok though.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to find Bronzovka? I talked to the shoe polish guy and Xenia in Grey Corner, and they both went really strange and talked about it. No new location on map though.
2. KGB bunker HOW?
3. Is there a way to get a non-tragic resolution to Slava? So far I got him to do murder-suicide and to become a lotus addicted male prostitue.
4. Are there any locations in the below secions of the map? They just seem too detailed not to have anything:
CqtlHbx.png

YV8QInS.png
Atomboy
Thank you for the bugs!
But the answers won't be helpful.
1. Is there a way to find Bronzovka? I talked to the shoe polish guy and Xenia in Grey Corner, and they both went really strange and talked about it. No new location on map though.
Nope, Bronzovka is too far away. Learning about Bronzovka, (when I add another denizen we fucking literally FORGOT ABOUT BEFORE RELEASE) though, may lead you to understanding the world and your role in it a bit more (this isn't marked by any special endings, achievements, or anything else though. Bronzovka is something I wrote for people who "lore-hunt" as they say).
2. KGB bunker HOW?
There is no KGB bunker, it's a scam!
3. Is there a way to get a non-tragic resolution to Slava? So far I got him to do murder-suicide and to become a lotus addicted male prostitue.
I felt artsy and personal with Slava, so the least tragic resolution is the one where you don't offer him help and tell him to live the way he lives. It's pretty disappointing from a gameplay perspective, but it's based around my good friend so I just had to add it and when someone who's into looking for artsy shit in games stumbles upon this he or she will say "Wow, look, here, the Auteur made a Artistique Statement that sometimes it's better not to take a quest he is so smart, and my ego will grow out of proportion and I will feel very smarkt for 2 minutes. I'm sorry!
4. Are there any locations in the below secions of the map? They just seem too detailed not to have anything:
Not atm, if I understand the places you screenshotted correctly. But might be. Don't trust the looks of the map :D Most on it was designed before we even decided what (if anything) to place there.

Who's smart retard? Who enters McDonalds in Belgrade/Warsaw/Moscow as if it's temple and eats BigMac as if it is altar bread? And who has been Western cultural slut for decades? Oh it's Slavic urban inteligentzia

You westerners don't know what I'm talking about, but among Slavs there are a lot middle class urban westboos. How weeaboos see Japan, that's how they see the West
I know exactly what you mean, we get those a lot. But these guys, the true representatives of this group, would never sink "so low" as to actually play through the game, and produce a (for me, personally) way too deep, but still genuine critique, be overall well-meaning and fair and friendly to us and helpful to players who have questions.

Their modus operandi is to hear about the game on some smart person (large quotes) forum, never learn even the tiniest bit about the game, and then pursue us all over the internet with пффффффффффффффффффф клюквы понаделоли быдло калхозное савкодрочеры поделка на каленке карго культ фолычя рряяяяяя uncaring about our game not having клюква, any genuine pro or anti USSR statements, deep layers like Shrek and that half of us aren't even from Russia or a kolkhoz. Never have jackofshadows stooped to this, I appreciate his perspective & agree to disagree.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Про Чигирь есть объяснение в Трудограде?
Пока не играл, но заинтриговало.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Про Чигирь есть объяснение в Трудограде?
Пока не играл, но заинтриговало.
Привет! Штук пять взаимоисключающих, но у одного выше доказательная база чем у остальных, но выбор - за игроком.

In case anyone's wondering the question was is the Hesperus star explained in the game, and my reply was there are 5 or so trains of thought on that matter, though a certain one is more believable than the rest, still it's up to the player to decide which one is true-er.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Spent two hours writing replies, yet forgot to mention the most amazing thing!
So there I was, on steam, copypasting suggestions from Trudograd's reviews into a doc. But wait! Who's this I see? The man, the legend, who not only bought TG as it turned out, but also wrote us a short, yet profound review?
None other than Dave of
New Blood Interactive
I haven't checked our sales stats for 5 days, but I still feel like a million bucks. First Chris Avellone shouts us out, then guy responsible for the absolute BEST non-rpg games I currently have installed buys the game. It's crazy! Very thankful!

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thanks Atomboy for the explanations!
Bronzovka thread is great, even if I can never see it. I really enjoy the mysterious/strange/quirky nature of Atom world, so really appreciated that bit.
I had hopes about bunker due to the mountain in the bottow left corner of the map. Should have known better, given that it was coming from Ed, Ed, and Eddy :D Though does that mean that
PRNTIFY.png
is unachievable?
Slava, IMO, is great quest as it is, and a bit of fresh air in quest designs. Takes you down a notch, as the saviour of the NPCs. Prob the NPC who's fate bothered me the most in Trudograd. I really, really, disliked his mum though. So, good job on this one :)

Also, really like Conglomerate activity tidbits, here and there. Hope to see more of them in your next game!

Finished it now as both Police and Revolutionaries. It's a very good and fun game, perk system a gigantic improvemnt over Atom IMO. Power Armour feels a bit op by the end, by personally I don't care. I like my power fantasies in RPGs, and prefer quests like Slava's to fuck up with them. Quirkines and real-world references seem to be toned down from Atom, though it might still annoy some people.

In terms of complaints:
1. Companions feel bit underdeveloped. Good old Hex is still fun, but Blaze and Razin certainly lack character (though I did read about Razin in various notes from Conglomerate spies). Some kind of companion quest, or at least some overhead banter, would really bring them up to life. Right now, they are just another gun and mules for diesel.
2. Difference in Revolutionary/Police path could be a bit bigger. It was really nicely handled in the Factory, but rest of the quests was pretty much the same. I understand it's due to scope of the game, or maybe writers choice to show that the current rulers aren't that much different from the upstarts. Some more difference would be really nice though.
3. Would love a "Rumour" journal tab, just record what people said.

Really like the character. Pragmatic, no-nonsense type. The final conversation with him is very well done, as well as the last fight. Poor Blaze had no chance of surviving :D. I absolutely loved the logs related to his involvement directly post-war.

Final area before the railgun, if you turn turrets to your side, the kill 2 out of 3 tanks. 3rd tank is stuck, and turrets just stuck shooting at dead tanks. Bug or intentional?

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Thanks Atomboy for the explanations!
Bronzovka thread is great, even if I can never see it. I really enjoy the mysterious/strange/quirky nature of Atom world, so really appreciated that bit.
I had hopes about bunker due to the mountain in the bottow left corner of the map. Should have known better, given that it was coming from Ed, Ed, and Eddy :D Though does that mean that
PRNTIFY.png
is unachievable?
Slava, IMO, is great quest as it is, and a bit of fresh air in quest designs. Takes you down a notch, as the saviour of the NPCs. Prob the NPC who's fate bothered me the most in Trudograd. I really, really, disliked his mum though. So, good job on this one :)

Also, really like Conglomerate activity tidbits, here and there. Hope to see more of them in your next game!

Finished it now as both Police and Revolutionaries. It's a very good and fun game, perk system a gigantic improvemnt over Atom IMO. Power Armour feels a bit op by the end, by personally I don't care. I like my power fantasies in RPGs, and prefer quests like Slava's to fuck up with them. Quirkines and real-world references seem to be toned down from Atom, though it might still annoy some people.

In terms of complaints:
1. Companions feel bit underdeveloped. Good old Hex is still fun, but Blaze and Razin certainly lack character (though I did read about Razin in various notes from Conglomerate spies). Some kind of companion quest, or at least some overhead banter, would really bring them up to life. Right now, they are just another gun and mules for diesel.
2. Difference in Revolutionary/Police path could be a bit bigger. It was really nicely handled in the Factory, but rest of the quests was pretty much the same. I understand it's due to scope of the game, or maybe writers choice to show that the current rulers aren't that much different from the upstarts. Some more difference would be really nice though.
3. Would love a "Rumour" journal tab, just record what people said.

Really like the character. Pragmatic, no-nonsense type. The final conversation with him is very well done, as well as the last fight. Poor Blaze had no chance of surviving :D. I absolutely loved the logs related to his involvement directly post-war.

Final area before the railgun, if you turn turrets to your side, the kill 2 out of 3 tanks. 3rd tank is stuck, and turrets just stuck shooting at dead tanks. Bug or intentional?
No-no! The bunker is not real, but the achievement is. You get it if you
let them fool you, waste money on them numerous times buying useless chips and then get a radio message from the KGB bunker to your radio, which will tell you about the KGB bunker scam!

Yes, hopefully we'll make more Conglomerate later! Thank you! I really glad you liked it, and you're on the money with chatter. We'll be adding it shortly. I sort of feel the same about certain quest differences, and as far as I can see it with my non-programmer eyes, there are ways to fit a few unique rev and cop quests here and there, which I'd love to do, but I dunno if it's possible. Would be cool though. Rumor tab sounds nice since nowadays most rumors actually lead to usable things later on, more than before. Never thought about that. Nice idea!
The turret thing sounds like a bug, will check!
Atomboy sorry for bothering you again but can we expect that Russian voice with English subtitles? Or is it a lost cause?
Hi! I told the guys this idea and it turned out some of them played Kingmaker with this option, so they actually understood your plight. We really need to plan and roll out more tiny setting options like increase text while not increasing UI in scale, this vo\subs you mentioned, etc, but it will take time. Not in this patch, but at least some of those tweaking ideas will be implemented for sure, unless we get stuck on something technical. Many seem to want that. But that's not something we can make in the next 2-3 weeks most assuredly, will take more time.

redivider

Novice
I have another problem, I am stuck in the police questline. I never could get the quest from the commander to kill the guys at the tavern so what happened is I killed them on my own accord, yet there seems no way to get the pass and im locked from the revolutionaries as well. Only quests I have now and I cant get to any new location without getting the pass https://puu.sh/IcyQG/5c38feb60f.png ; done quests: https://puu.sh/IcyRn/2e1ff12788.png ; https://puu.sh/IcyRs/82266bd6f4.png ; https://puu.sh/IcyRU/9aafd9da18.png Does anyone know what exactly is needed to trigger the quest to kill the dudes at the tavern?

jackofshadows

Magister
1. I don't get you!!! And I don't mean it like a bad thing or an insult or whatever, I literally don't get how your mind works. You know how you post those screenshots to our steam? From the discussions and short comments you have in the commentfield and description of those screenshots, it becomes apparent that you see something laughable, cringeworthy or bad in the text, but sometimes I don't understand which part of the text you even mean!! That one screenshot where your protag is talking to the fishpeople, and you wrote something along the lines of "this reference would've been funny if the author did not self-censor it" nearly cost me my sanity, because I wrote that text, and to my knowledge it didn't even have a reference. I had to call my partner in writing up in the middle of the night, send him your screenshot, and ask him to find the reference, and after some time he proposed that you thought the line "ихтиандры хреновы" was a reference to a ДМБ movie where a character used the phrase "ихтиандры хуевы", see what I mean? Last time I saw a ДМБ movie I was 10! I wrote the word ихтиандры because their in-game name is ichto, so same Latin root. What I do remember about the DMB movies though is that they were written by Ilya Ohlobistin, but if you like his writing why don't you like the writing of the guys who stole his tone for a good chunk of the in-game dialogues? Certain characters speak in almost-quotes from Даун Хаус! and Мусорщик!! Just tears my mind apart! So indeed, it's pretty useless talking about the language. Either you operate on a disturbingly high level of consciousness, or I am too much of a peasant. I still value it all, I think you know the game more than I do in some aspects.
Well, that's a bit awkward. Thing is, when the game has its fair share of references, you as a player kinda expect them, no? At least that's what I thought. And as you have seen next, my pal took the first reply there (as I did, too) as the Planet Alcatraz reference (втулку в танк, втулку в танк!). So it's become like 2 references at once to me and I was like "...". Turns out, I was wrong. But the whole thing also refers to my pet peeve about obscene language censoring in Russian cult-products and/or localisations so please nevermind the toxic connotation there. Much more important example was with the "аккуратно, стараясь не пролить ни капли". That's what I was really tired of, sorry to say.

As for DMB, I'm pretty sure that with "ихтиандры хуевы" Ohlobistin did a reference/joke to Amphibian Man (1962). I liked DMB by the way, yes, and I don't mind Ohlobistin's humor at all, moreover, I dare to remind you that I enjoyed reading even Sorokin's work which you have listed one time as one of the sources for inspiration. But even when Sorokin write something like "за сисяндры!!" how many times was it, like 50 in the row? I still perceive that as a consistent artwork, same for DMB. It's all coming together, it's all well adds up. Not to mention those are different mediums, obviously. In case of ATOM games I just cannot see the consistency and it's not all about references, mind you, it all started with the "привет от старых штиблет" as you might remember and it didn't end since. That is where my bias towards setting/lore/writing is coming from and that's why I mostly didn't mention that in the small local review. I continue to play simply because I like this kind of games and Fallout is still one of my favorites ever. Fallout 2 has similar obvious problems even if I still don't get half the references there.
2. Combat. I won't pretend I understood this feedback completely, especially the last part where you say it's ruined. I think it's pretty fun. Then again, my only contribution to it was improving on the ability to shoot/whack some stuff after a busy day in the sorta familiar manner. I copypasted your post into a google doc and sent it to our dedicated balance guy who made encounters and power armor, adding that this looks like a very important critique I DEMAND he reads, understands, and tries to act upon. No promises though! But that's what I did. I also can sorta address the Fallout question. Like with that DMB reference, that really isn't the layer we operate on. To be honest, most of us never even played or mentioned Fallout during the development, we just wanted to make Atom's combat again but with more variables such as Special Armor, mods, and other popularly demanded stuff most wanted from us. We never, like, sat in a dining room inside a grim castle during a thunderstorm, plotting on "let's copy this from Fallout... And improve upon that from Fallout." Most of our Fallout conversations went 10+ years ago, when we were like "hey, doesn't it suck they won't release Van Buren? Let's make a game to play instead of Van Buren." We never agreed to copy or clone or improve Fallout, we made what felt right, what we wanted to play, and it just turned out to look like a Fallout, because we all love Fallout I guess.
Glad you like the quest design though! If I get some actual feedback from the combat guy, I'll be sure to share it. I'm sorry I can't say anything cohesive but I appreciate your feedback nonetheless!
It's ruined in terms of difficulty first and foremost. That was the general point of my review - to give the perspective of a player on it who likes the most Underrail and ITS games among the similar ones. In them, fun comes from overcoming various challenges, coming up with different approaches - both in terms of character creation/development and specific encounters (it could mean many, many tries sometimes), deep delving into game's mechanics and so on. Here you just... roll ahead. Or turning on survival, buffing hp all the tme and wondering whether you'll die from a crit hit streak in the next encounter or not.

Regarding Fallout resemblance: I believe you, honestly. The point was that I just don't understand why repeating the same mistakes or trying to fix the classics (which wasn't the case according to you, anyway).

And yes, I liked the quest design overall. It just seemed uneven to me so I wrote "ok". Like for example I saw Slava's quest as some sort of weird subvert expectation theme i.e. as a negative while the option to
start a fight within a writer's family which lead to a similar tragic outcome as a positive, reminded me of Arcanum

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I have another problem, I am stuck in the police questline. I never could get the quest from the commander to kill the guys at the tavern so what happened is I killed them on my own accord, yet there seems no way to get the pass and im locked from the revolutionaries as well. Only quests I have now and I cant get to any new location without getting the pass https://puu.sh/IcyQG/5c38feb60f.png ; done quests: https://puu.sh/IcyRn/2e1ff12788.png ; https://puu.sh/IcyRs/82266bd6f4.png ; https://puu.sh/IcyRU/9aafd9da18.png Does anyone know what exactly is needed to trigger the quest to kill the dudes at the tavern?
Let me get this straight: first you befriended the revs but now you are trying to be a cop, right? So Shapkevich gives you a quest to go betray the revolutionaries. But you can't betray them because you killed them? And Shapkevich is alive and well but he doesn't progress your fraction quests from now on, still waiting for you to betray the revs? Looks like a bug unfortunately, if I understand your problem correctly. It might require some fixing. The game is still playable, but this bug will prevent you from all fraction quests. The game still is winable you can buy or force yourself into Seventh Heaven, but damn, sorry, this is a logic error bug. Will fix!

Vezok

Novice
Thank you dude!!! Though to be honest I'm pretty scared when players view us as competition to these games. First off a lot of my guys know and highly value & respect a lot of their guys, so it kinda jabs me the wrong way when I hear that our game's existence costs them a sale, thought that's business for ya I guess so it's pretty lame of me to bitch about that. And secondly, despite reading this a few times, I still can't honestly wrap my mind around the fact someone could really value our work over such huge, shiny, publisher-backed projects. On one hand, I value certain indies over certain AA\AAA from the same genre myself, on the other it's still strange to me. But it's very humbling and pleasant to hear. Thank you! We won't disappoint.

It was never a competition to me since I'm really biased. I enjoyed my hours of ATOM RPG, felt bad for paying such a low price, bought the supporter pack and Trudograd early access, bought two dlcs when Trudograd 1.0 came out. Since I was pleasantly surprised with dead city update, I'm optimistic for Trudograd's future. Удачи! :salute:

Last edited:

redivider

Novice
Let me get this straight: first you befriended the revs but now you are trying to be a cop, right? So Shapkevich gives you a quest to go betray the revolutionaries. But you can't betray them because you killed them? And Shapkevich is alive and well but he doesn't progress your fraction quests from now on, still waiting for you to betray the revs? Looks like a bug unfortunately, if I understand your problem correctly. It might require some fixing. The game is still playable, but this bug will prevent you from all fraction quests. The game still is winable you can buy or force yourself into Seventh Heaven, but damn, sorry, this is a logic error bug. Will fix!
Nonono i never joined the revolutionaries. I joined the cops but he never gave me that quest. Basically he only gave me the moonshine quest. When I talked about killing the guys at the tavern i was just saying i tried to brute-force the quest, i have a save right before doing that but as I said theres no way to progress the police story line it seems. I mean surely he is supposed to give me some quest which results with me getting the 7th heaven pass, correct?

Parabalus

Arcane
Barter 299 perk does nothing, gives no XP.

Is there any benefit to getting Enemy of the People?

jackofshadows

Magister
Trudograd is like New Vegas, almost completely spared of nuclear hellfire. Did you even pay attention during game or were you too pre-occupied with using every.single.possible.way to min-max gameplay so you can flex over Devs how combat is "piss-easy".
Re min-maxing. Lol, no. I didn't have to. It's way more easier to play with companions by the way, you dumbfuck.

Now, to the radiation-free theme. I'm aware of their reasoning. But you see, in New Vegas the point was that there's wasteland and there's the oasis: the piece of the old world, spared of nuclear hellfire, yes. It's all about contrast: people who yesterday were cannibals now running a huge casino, NCR soldiers prefer to drink and fuck their post-apoc frustrations away while the new force arise that don't even care about that oasis itself etc etc. Trudograd could have been a similar awesome concept if it was an expansion, a part of that huge game as it was originally conceived. Happens that TG came out as a stand-alone game and lack of radiation as well as other stuff like abundance of food and other supplies just doesn't add up, it's incomprehensible why to call it post-apoc at all, might as well just describe TG as some sort of sсi-fi alternative time-line former USSR city. While we are at it, it's a shame that the social contrast theme, while seemengly being an important part of the plot, never actually receives its climax. You read the whole time how common folk just cannot make ends meet while power tripping elites are enjoying themselves but ultimately you see neigher. When you get to 7th heaven, it turns out the elites simply aren't there and the game ends not long after.

Parabalus

Arcane
So what's the best rifle?

Struggling to find anything to replace the custom made sniper rifle, due to it's lower AP cost, the power armor rifle included.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
If this is ATOM's team second game, I can't wait for third one! Atomboy will it be Slavic Morrowind or Russian Arcanum? RPG gamers can dream. . .

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just started the game,for now it is very speech and barter focused. Does anyone know what is a good number for the skills? Also a bit of shame that there is no combat yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom