Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Some help needed. I'm in my second run, and I solved Woljif's stuff, Library, visited the Tower of Estrod without fighting, Feud of the Faithful, found Ramien's disciples, and did Gwerm's Mansion in one rest. Now can you remind me which parts of the Market and locations in the town are worth clearing out?
Keep to the middle.

But, you should be able to rest twice before your tavern defense kicks in.
I can't remember if there was good loot in the side sections - the undead one and the one with the brimorack house. Either that or good XP. Since it's a second run I just try to reach Chapter 2 asap, not that I worry about the Inn attack that much.

Of the other locations, outside of the Market as far as I remember there was good loot only in the Tirabade residence - a cloak that improves sneak. The other two locations didn't have anything interesting. Oh, and the shadow demon, I should do that too.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Mythic Rank 10 is only attained right before the final fight in the game. If you are going to plan a character, I would plan for mythic rank 7 or 8 at most, more realistically mythic rank 5. The items you have there can be obtained though, albeit very late in the game.
Depends on the Path. I got Mythic 10 immediately after getting to Chapter 5 as a Demon, siding with Nocticula and asking her for more power. Seems she grants either 1 or 2 full Mythic Power levels that way. Means I'll be running around with Mythic 10 for the entirety of Chapter 5.

Parabalus

Arcane
NJClaw what Mortmal is arguing is that a choice is not a choice if you cannot finish the game with it (its a false choice, since choosing it bars you completion). Whether or not this is true is up for debate, but regardless of whether or not its true, the burden of proof is still on him to show that most choices are negated.
I linked end game demons stats much earlier, basic primary school math is evidence enough . you need extremely high stats to hit them and not get hit, what else do you need ?

You can get hit by them just fine, take Last Stand and you don't need to worry about defense at all.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Lord forgive me, Desuman literally spelled it out, Putrefaction then Phantasmal Web, works great with Nenio, is even well supported by items. No need to spam Grease brother, there are other spells.

Yeah enemy resistances and saves are a bit too strong on Core for these to be an I-Win button quite like Grease is in the early levels, but it's definitely the best "faff-free thinning-out of incoming damage when faced with epic-level mobs" option in the game so far as I can see. It's complete pwnage on Normal because it more or less puts minions and lts on hold while you deal with a boss.

Makes me even tolerate Nenio's chatter. "Yes Nenio, Fine Nenio, come along on our adventure Nenio it's gonna be great!" :)

Saark

Arcane
Patron
in the end no control spells at all
Weird how I'm playing a control winter witch that just freezes and enchants everything on the screen in her first turn, to the point where even Demon Lords and their strongest henchmen can't save against it anymore. DC 51 Will saves with disadvantage, with the option to lower the will saves with other abilities too that cannot be resisted.

f0a5cf358f.jpg

This is without my Demon Rage bonuses, and not heightened to level 8/9 either.

Mortmal

Arcane
Weird how I'm playing a control winter witch that just freezes and enchants everything on the screen in her first turn, to the point where even Demon Lords and their strongest henchmen can't save against it anymore. DC 51 Will saves with disadvantage, with the option to lower the will saves with
Not into witch cosplaying, but good tip.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Weird how I'm playing a control winter witch that just freezes and enchants everything on the screen in her first turn, to the point where even Demon Lords and their strongest henchmen can't save against it anymore. DC 51 Will saves with disadvantage, with the option to lower the will saves with
The witch doesn't actually do anything for Enchantment based schools, it just increases DC for Icy Prison. But lategame I can throw a Hold Monster, Mass into an entire pack of enemies, follow it up with a polar midnight and just afk until everything is dead. Either from the cold damage, or the Dex Drain. Particularly useful against all these fucking annoying crystal shards that perma-stun you. They all have Dex 1, so a single point of Dex Drain will instantly kill them. Also works great against most bosses, a Greater Quicken Rod+Aspect of Coloxus will allow you to cast Polar Ray 3 times a turn, leading to a decent amount of Dex Drain every turn. Most bosses don't survive longer than 3-4 turns before they drop dead, and that's just 1 character. :positive:

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
What's disgusting about Trickster musical theme Hóngwèibīng? :(
Nothing. Love the game's OST.

I just don't see the appeal of Tricksters from a roleplaying perspective.
Too bad it's not very JOKER-like. AS much as I don't like capeshit the Joker has its moments and red pills maybe? I mean I'm planning to play it sooner or later BUT this is what I gathered from beta.

Would you prefer inverse, requiring low stats to hit endgame enemies?
No but something more similar to the ruleset and AP. Of course you need to tune it for rtwp, but not that bad. ANyway , they will undoubtly change it sooner and later .

"I understand that enemies need to be tuned to account for rtwp combat, overabundance of magic items, one player controlling full party, being able to make insane munchkin builds that no sane DM would allow, and dumb and exploitable AI controlling the enemies instead of DM doing it. But I want them to tune it only to the point, where I can still play on high difficulty settings and pretend to be a hardcore gamer, while actually sucking at the game"
It's a PC GAME, SAVE RELOAD.
It's not PNP SESSION HELLO!

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How the fuck do I throw people out of my party? And how do I kill friendly NPCs?? Also thank you owlcat for the touching lesbianic scene between a human and half-orc just as I exit the catacombs. I'm literally crying rn.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
How the fuck do I throw people out of my party? And how do I kill friendly NPCs?? Also thank you owlcat for the touching lesbianic scene between a human and half-orc just as I exit the catacombs. I'm literally crying rn.

Get to 3rd act, walk up to them, tell them to pack-up and fuck off.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You talk to them in the inn and tell them you don't want them. Friendly NPCs are fully under the effects of friendly fire. Or you can let them die in combat and never resurrect them I guess.

Mortmal

Arcane
The witch doesn't actually do anything for Enchantment based schools, it just increases DC for Icy Prison. But lategame I can throw a Hold Monster, Mass into an entire pack of enemies, follow it up with a polar midnight and just afk until everything is dead. Either from the cold damage, or the Dex Drain. Particularly useful against all these fucking annoying crystal shards that perma-stun you. They all have Dex 1, so a single point of Dex Drain will instantly kill them. Also works great against most bosses, a Greater Quicken Rod+Aspect of Coloxus will allow you to cast Polar Ray 3 times a turn, leading to a decent amount of Dex Drain every turn. Most bosses don't survive longer than 3-4 turns before they drop dead, and that's just 1 character. :positive:

DC51 will save thats just good enough but not much more , since they have +45 will save AND 45 sr , 20 sr good by the end . They dont have to roll good to make it... Do your icy spells bypass spell resists ? Else its very likely to not work.I am also pretty sure everything is stat drain immune, since exsanguinate was only doing damage.
Also just checked they are completely immune to the paralyzed condition, dificult terrain , entangled , immobilized , slowed etc...

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

DC51 will save thats just good enough but not much more , since they have +45 will save AND 45 sr , 20 sr good by the end . They dont have to roll good to make it... Do your icy spells bypass spell resists ? Else its very likely to not work.I am also pretty sure everything is stat drain immune, since exsanguinate was only doing damage.
Also just checked they are completely immune to the paralyzed condition, dificult terrain , entangled , immobilized , slowed etc...

Imagine putting Cruoromancer and more spellcasting options only to end up making them useless for any of the situations where you would actually want to use them. Does Owlcat even know what they're doing?

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
How does outpost to bastion expansion work? I have three identical cards, all saying an outpost with 3 slots filled can be upgraded. I only have one which has a single fully built building and 2 being contructed. How the fuck do I determine which card to pick?

Mortmal

Arcane

Imagine putting Cruoromancer and more spellcasting options only to end up making them useless for any of the situations where you would actually want to use them. Does Owlcat even know what they're doing?

Yes , and frankly either other people have not reached that stage or they are not playing casters . Going pure cruomancer you think with infusion you can make a good stat drain build , well another thing that wont work.

FriendlyMerchant

How does outpost to bastion expansion work? I have three identical cards, all saying an outpost with 3 slots filled can be upgraded. I only have one which has a single fully built building and 2 being contructed. How the fuck do I determine which card to pick?
It doesn't matter which one you pick. The three cards do the same thing.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Most of the higher end enemies aren't immune to everything though, just to "most" things. But they all have a few weaknesses that you can exploit, and Expanded Arsenal makes dipping into other spell schools super easy. Undead/Serpentine bloodline allow you to charm/compel enemies that have natural immunities against it, too. It's not an end-all-be all solution, ofc, but it works against most enemies. Also, as I said, 51 is just without buffs or demonic rage. 7th level Enchantment spells are DC 56 for me right now.

Spell resist is a non issue, and keep in mind that persistent metamagic or Socothbenoth Aspect allow you to cast every spell with advantage.
8aacee73cb.jpg
c4d3458f7f.jpg

2fdb9220f0.jpg

It's not the toughest enemy, but one of the many people are complaining about here. Keep in mind that I'm only level 18, and am still using Chapter 3 items, like the Battle Mage Quarterstaff. I'm sure there's better end-game items that will let me further boost DC.

Mortmal

Arcane
Most of the higher end enemies aren't immune to everything though, just to "most" things. But they all have a few weaknesses that you can exploit, and Expanded Arsenal makes dipping into other spell schools super easy. Undead/Serpentine bloodline allow you to charm/compel enemies that have natural immunities against it, too. It's not an end-all-be all solution, ofc, but it works against most enemies. Also, as I said, 51 is just without buffs or demonic rage. 7th level Enchantment spells are DC 56 for me right now.

Spell resist is a non issue, and keep in mind that persistent metamagic or Socothbenoth Aspect allow you to cast every spell with advantage.
8aacee73cb.jpg
c4d3458f7f.jpg

2fdb9220f0.jpg

It's not the toughest enemy, but one of the many people are complaining about here. Keep in mind that I'm only level 18, and am still using Chapter 3 items, like the Battle Mage Quarterstaff. I'm sure there's better end-game items that will let me further boost DC.
Not found anything much to boost dc by chap 5 .. maybe Meredoth got more lucky ?
Then again we got shafted, lich transformation was bugged, if i knew and redo it i'd go sorc instead maximize cha and there more hp by the way.

Rafidur

Learned

After the card is done you pick an outpost on the map and upgrade it.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Ultimately the criticism you brought forth is totally valid. It just plain sucks to invest into a spell school that isn't just pure damage, and then have it negated by immunities that cannot be removed or counteracted. Kingmaker and the Fey with their compulsion/mind affecting immunities had the same problem, but at least this time around you can get around most of the enemies immunities and don't have to worry too much about using off-school spells as Expanded Arsenal allows for much easier switching. Illusion being practically useless as Phantasmal Killer rarely works due to having to hit 2 saves, and even most Concealment effects are much less potent due to Supernatural Truesight on most tougher opponents.

It does feel hilarious, though, fighting 3 HD50+ enemies and just turning them into dogs one by one. Baleful Polymorph sure is busted. It's a shame Witch doesn't get Mass Icy Prison, and sadly Loremaster is still bugged and doesn't grant Wizard/Cleric/Druid Spell Secrets, only Feats.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom