Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Playing the early game without horses has been suicide for at least a year.

I've never reloaded as much playing the game as I did the last 30 minutes when I tested the new beta.
Need money to buy horses to catch bandits to make money. Galaxybrain design.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
1 1/2 years after Early Access hit (+ what, 7 years prior development?) and the progress thus far is minimal. Micro-issue stuff like perk specifics get reworked every other month while long announced major features still aren't in sight.
To be frank slowly but surely I'm losing both patience and hope :(

deama

Prophet
Not in my dreams did I expect the game to be in this sorry-state, I was actually 100% that it was going to be at least warband level with better graphics upon release.
Hopefully we'll at least get a few hours of a nice youtube video to analyze this dumpster fire.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Companions can now permanently die, which is the absolute worst change ever. You can not prevent these idiots from getting killed in big battles. That cool guy with tons of skills you picked up? Gone, forever.

e: Okay I take it back, there IS now an option to disable it. I know for a fact it wasn't there before they added the death possibility though.
upload_2021-8-30_6-24-41.png

Last edited:
Companion permadeath has been a feature for a while. Do you still lose all their gear when they die, though? I don't mind losing a couple of tagalongs, or even family, but armour is damnably expensive, man.

Zanzoken

Arcane
If companions can die then there should be an option to keep them out of battles.

Also, it appears the game's economy continues to be retarded beyond belief.

- Cost to train an Imperial Cataphract outfitted with top tier weapons, armor, and warhorse: 200 gold
- Cost to buy the same top tier weapons, armor, and warhorse for yourself: 200,000 gold
- Cost to build massive municipal infrastructure projects such as fortifications, barracks, and aqueducts: Free

:retarded:

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Seems they made enough cash so now they don't even have to finish the game. Hundreds of hours during my teenage years playing this game vanilla and even more with mods, what a disgraceful sequel.

Zanzoken

Arcane
IKwq5sB.png

A little over half of those belong to my brother, since we share a Steam account. But yeah, feels bad man. :(

Zariusz

Arbiter
And about companions, i remember that long time ago people found in bannerlord files list of unused companions with many backstories. I wonder if they are going to do anything with it in future.

Eric Guier

Barely Literate
Companion permadeath has been a feature for a while. Do you still lose all their gear when they die, though? I don't mind losing a couple of tagalongs, or even family, but armour is damnably expensive, man.
You still lose the gear, unless you remember to go to the dead character's equipment screen when the loot comes up and place all his gear in your bags. The dead character only vanishes after you return to the campaign map.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
IKwq5sB.png

A little over half of those belong to my brother, since we share a Steam account. But yeah, feels bad man. :(
I appreciate you beta-testing it for me so I can pick it up a 50% off when it's finally finished and/or has some useful mods.

flabbyjack

Arcane
It's a castle built on pillars of sand.

Without a solid engine, everything else will be the 'straw that broke the camel's back'

At least siege equipment kinda works now.

Modders will have to find a different game. Oh well.

If you are THAT hungry for Mount & Blade, try Last Days mod, I have an LP in my signature. Dunno if the images still load but they probably do.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This game never ceases to amaze me.

I was talking in chat about multiplayer games and the chat went this way:
Me: I'm waiting for '83, but it will probably be released only late next year
Guy 1: 83?
Me: That's the title [this was censored and the chat displayed That's the ***le
Guy 2 aka loser whom I killed in a row probably over 10 times and he was pissed at me: I'm gonna report you for swearing.

I thought the guy 2 is joking, but whatever, it doesn't make sense anyway.

Guess what I realized when I run the game later today!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Guy 2 aka loser whom I killed in a row probably over 10 times and he was pissed at me: I'm gonna report you for swearing.

***le?

Butter

Arcane
Patron

***le?
Tit gets censored, regardless of context, because Turks don't know how to code a regex.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

***le?
Tit gets censored, regardless of context, because Turks don't know how to code a regex.
Yeah I figured as much

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom