Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
>Figthing Marhevok 2x2

> Kill his Pet Dragon with Ease

> Dispell his blur

> Kill all his Mirror Images

> ''Cool , now i just need to hit him!''

> Casts again

> ''No problem , just going to do again.

> the Motherfucker proceds to cast Mirror Image more 3x times.

MFW

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Owlcat..Why...

Fuck , i thought he would do it again..

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
Phantasmal Killer rarely works due to having to hit 2 saves

Phantasmal killer is a weird beast in the system, it's a save or die but it's an early one so it's balanced around the 2 saves. Even in pnp it's somewhat gud for some build and utter garbage for the rest.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Phantasmal killer is a weird beast in the system, it's a save or die but it's an early one so it's balanced around the 2 saves. Even in pnp it's somewhat gud for some build and utter garbage for the rest.
I think in a videogame, a lot of the spells struggle as they are save or suck/save or die kind of spells. In the tabletop environment where there is no reloads that is totally fine, as you risk wasting your turn on a useless ability. PC games are much more min-max~y and with reloading always being an option, you risk that these spells completely remove any challenge from every single fight. Making enemies immune to most of them is the only sensible choice to not rob the game of its difficulty the moment an enchanter/transmutation/illusion wizard joins the fray.

Efe

Erudite
which one of your fuckers said
lets make a fallout quest and make it forced turn-based puzzle thats actually pressing 3 buttons only and fill it with more dispels than entire rest of the game?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Nenio is a beast at illusion and enchantment, as early as act 3 begins, you can get her a ring that gives +2 dc to illusion, a ring that gives +2 dc to enchantment, an amulet that gives you +2 dc to mind affecting spells (everything good in illusion and enchantment), you pick up GSF illusion and get another +2 to illusion, get Mythic SF Illusion and get another +2 dc to illusions, pick up expanded arsenal enchantment and get +4 dc to enchantment spells. She can force glabrezus and nalfeshnees to kill themselves through the power of sheer autism (and 30+ dc phantasmal killers).

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
*SHRUG* That can be done with basically any spellcaster. Doesn't make it special.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
*SHRUG* That can be done with basically any spellcaster. Doesn't make it special.
Anything can be done by any character by that standard. I can also make a gnome hellknight who beats the shit out of everything with a gnome hammer, but that doesnt make regill any less good

panda

Savant
Nenio is a beast at illusion and enchantment, as early as act 3 begins, you can get her a ring that gives +2 dc to illusion, a ring that gives +2 dc to enchantment, an amulet that gives you +2 dc to mind affecting spells (everything good in illusion and enchantment), you pick up GSF illusion and get another +2 to illusion, get Mythic SF Illusion and get another +2 dc to illusions, pick up expanded arsenal enchantment and get +4 dc to enchantment spells. She can force glabrezus and nalfeshnees to kill themselves through the power of sheer autism (and 30+ dc phantasmal killers).
Add the best part too: bonus DC and metamagic to scribed scrolls on top of all that. It is really nice to have few additional "arguments" in inventory prepared.

Percy

Cipher
yes but .. Nenio... and that combo isn't nearly as good tbh.
Tbh, I prefer blasting shit myself, but it works, I also gave her conjuration spec and rifts are also good.
Anyway, int the beta, I loved the bugs in ch.4 where you exited a building straight into thin air. Love how they didn't fix them. Really adds to the chaotic nature of the Abyss.

Yah I got that a few times too. Sometimes I could rotate the camera but others had to reload from previous save. I didn't have this issue in the Beta funnily enough.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Some of you wonder why the AI only runs on one braincell instead of two, when most people consider not having your low level mage/wizards walking at the head of your group as an 'advanced' tactic.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Some of you wonder why the AI only runs on one braincell instead of two, when most people consider not having your low level mage/wizards walking at the head of your group as an 'advanced' tactic.

There's a stage between "Braindead journalist" and "Nolife autist" when it comes to difficulty.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Incidentally, I don't think there is one single unique Fauchard drop in all of Act 4.

Really sad how long I'm rocking the +2 when my other characters have +4s

Jackpot

Learned
The game's difficulty is just weird, and it never feels like I'm playing correctly.

The singing rocks for instance, no matter what I did I could stop them from stunning everyone except my main character constantly and then killing them in two hits.
But they have a low reflex save, that's exploitable! I looked over my spells that have reflex saves, and the only high level one that I have ready is the hungry pit. But it works too well, they're all trapped in there and take almost no damage! If I let them out early they just stun everyone forever again!
So that fight consisted of me casting hungry pit three times in a row and waiting like ten fucking minutes until they were low enough to finish off. And of course, there was no reward for killing them.

Or the final fight of Chapter 4 with Bafomet and Hepzamirra.
Hepz goes down fucking instantly, like she doesn't even scratch my party with all of our buffs.
Then Baff dispels everything and attacks. He instantly cast an AOE lightning attack that deals ~150 damage TWICE before Darren can even cast protecting from electricity.
The solution? Summon a bunch of monsters beforehand and do the old reliable 'walk ten feet backwards'. As I was casting buffs on my party the fight ended.

None of these fights are impossibly difficult, but they aren't really satisfying to win either.

Rafidur

Learned
Summon a bunch of monsters beforehand

Good old skeleton spam. I've put sorcerous reflex on everybody that can animate dead: if they don't die before their first turn, the fight turns into "good luck I'm behind 70 skeletons!".

Unwanted

CancerUnlimited

Unwanted
Well, this is a nice cameo at least. Watching Jubilost and Regill go at each other was certainly amusing.
f1ed2213ef.jpg

In before they start talking about "The Constitution"(tm) and the value of democracy.

Bro, do you even roleplay?

Rafidur

Learned
Best companions for a Swarm playthrough? I'm thinking Seela/Sosiel because I won't feel bad eating them, but not sure about the rest.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Why even have Best Jokes as a choice if hideous laughter never fucking lands anyway"

Not the game's fault you simply aren't funny. :D

jf8350143

Liturgist
The game is trying extremely hard to make me stop playing it.

It runs fine in the two weeks and now suddenly everytime I starts to play wrath, my computer will freeze after about half an hour(15 minutes if I'm lucky). The loading time also gets way longer for no reason. Other games runs just fine so pretty sure it's wrath's problem.

Need to reinstall the game to see whether it gets better.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Why even have Best Jokes as a choice if hideous laughter never fucking lands anyway

Nerd Commando's Nenio build gets around that by taking 1 Crossblooded Sorcerer dip to get the Fey Bloodline (as one of the two bloodlines) and then the Mythic Fey Bloodline (plus ofc the usual school and pen stuff), both of which bump up Enchantment enough to make Hideous Laughter with Best jokes much more reliable and powerful - with the relevant metamagics (heighten and persistent IIRC) to have it in higher slots, it works nicely as a thematic "neat trick."

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The game is trying extremely hard to make me stop playing it.

It runs fine in the two weeks and now suddenly everytime I starts to play wrath, my computer will freeze after about half an hour(15 minutes if I'm lucky). The loading time also gets way longer for no reason. Other games runs just fine so pretty sure it's wrath's problem.

Need to reinstall the game to see whether it gets better.

Buy a new computer and spend at least $10,000 on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom