Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And a natural attack necklace with devour ability in same necromancers place, after defending the tavern.
Should I clear the market before or after the Inn attack? I wonder if I can get to lvl 5 if I clear the whole market, or I should get to lvl 5 through the Inn attack and then clear the market.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
And a natural attack necklace with devour ability in same necromancers place, after defending the tavern.
Should I clear the market before or after the Inn attack? I wonder if I can get to lvl 5 if I clear the whole market, or I should get to lvl 5 through the Inn attack and then clear the market.
You should clear it twice. Before and after attack.

jf8350143

Liturgist
The game is trying extremely hard to make me stop playing it.

It runs fine in the two weeks and now suddenly everytime I starts to play wrath, my computer will freeze after about half an hour(15 minutes if I'm lucky). The loading time also gets way longer for no reason. Other games runs just fine so pretty sure it's wrath's problem.

Need to reinstall the game to see whether it gets better.

Have you checked for comp/fans needing cleaning inside, and/or an old, past-it or weak PSU? For some reason Unity games show up these problems more than games with other types of engines. A while ago I had a bunch of trouble playing PFK/Pillars games - kept crashing, freezing, etc. Changed PSU and they all work fine now.

Did some google research and tried one of the solution:delete the owlcat registry key. Now the game is working fine. Not sure why the registry key would cause this but I blame Owlcat and their incompetence.

Also run into another bug in chapter 5, the succubus companion quest requires me to talk to the NPC about her dreams and then it stucks and the conversation won't end. This is the second bug that completely prevents me from finish a companion's quest.

Sunri

Liturgist
yDa4ioc.png

ok this battle is hardcore af i spend one hour on it and i just can't do it reloaded old save and cleared slavers one by one

Thonius

Arcane
You should clear it twice. Before and after attack.
Whaaaaaaaaaat? I just rushed Fort after attack... man wtf.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Random thoughts FWIW:

There's definitely some replayability - some options close off and others open up depending on your character, alignment and skills, so that roleplaying different characters feels different enough, especially in terms of lawful vs. chaotic choices. I'm not that far enough into the game to see if, like in PFK, there will be some decisions I made earlier that have impact later, but I'm sure there probably will be, as they did that quite well in PFK.

Mind you, that's with a roleplaying attitude - i.e. not an attitude of "I'm going to check Owlcat's oil and professionally go through every little option to see what's what, and always sniff out the optimal path." IOW, if you have the roleplaying blinkers on, treat it as a simulation and roleplay your character, it's quite rewarding, and one gets the sense that's the attitude they would prefer players to have, that's how they've set the quests up.

The "village living under an illusion" trope seems to be quite common in videogames these days (there was something similar in Deadfire IIRC). It's quite nicely done here, I was a little bit moved. The other quest with the dwarf shamaness in the same area was quite moving too.

Not for the first time, I'm noticing that there's always a level of getting one's head into a game that's deeper than you initially have. I mean, you think when you're starting off playing a game that you understand it, and you kind of do, but after a while it sinks in at a deeper level, and you're starting to juggle all the plates in your head (I mean in terms of precisely what is doing what, so that the combat log becomes transparent). I remember this phase with PFK and other games; you get your head around a game, then when it's finished, just like after leaving school you forget most of what you learned, and it takes a while to get it ingrained again.

Zayne

Scholar
ok this battle is hardcore af i spend one hour on it and i just can't do it reloaded old save and cleared slavers one by one
That's probably how it's intended to be - Azata can't stand slavers and should attack them as soon as she meets them (after buying their slaves and items, ofc)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Slavery is probably the most hated thing to a Azata. Chaotic Good is all about freedom to do anything that doesn't hurt the freedom of others. Azata = Cosmic Ancap.

----------------

Anyway, what I liked on kingmaker
  • Discovering the story of the companions
  • Building a interesting character
  • Getting a barony and seeing it expanding and growing with me and my companions
  • Solving problems plaguing my barony
  • Solving mysteries of ancient curses and dealing with feyfolk.
  • Taking decisions during kingdom managing
  • Using cool spells
  • Dungeon crawling
  • (...)
what I liked in WoTR :
  • Using cool spells
The rest, is inferior to kingmaker. Not that PF:WoTR is bad, but companions for eg, the best companion moment in the game is when you meet

Jubilost in a broken carriage

This game is amazing, I liked playing it, but honestly, I wish that OwlCat had taken other module to adapt. WoTR is probably the worst module and if it can be fun with the worst AP, imagine the best AP...

jf8350143

Liturgist
Chapter 4 is my favourite, I would love it to be expanded into a full game. A team of adventures went into a strange city to do some important shit. Didn't have to deal with the crusader system is a huge plus as well.

The city itself is kind meh though, I like deadfire's Neketaka better.

volklore

Arcane
The hardest thing in this game is chosing roleplay vs mechanics. I kept my options open for now with my sorc and the choice between azata (mechanics) and Lich (roleplay) will be a hard one. Will I try to roleplay a cosmic hippy shooting rainbow arrow to enjoy big DCs and triple saves on control spells ? Some chaotic option are pretty cool, some really cringe and also I don't want regill to dislike me.
:shredder:

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Are the camp quartermaster conversations only for flavour? Or they actually have consequences?
I told him soldiers could use a rousing song before the siege and now I feel kind of lame and gay about it.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Chapter 4 is my favourite, I would love it to be expanded into a full game. A team of adventures went into a strange city to do some important shit. Didn't have to deal with the crusader system is a huge plus as well.

The city itself is kind meh though, I like deadfire's Neketaka better.
Is it a proper mega-city like Athkalta? Kingmaker didn’t have any mega-city, so I was hoping for one, shame it’s in CH4.

Salvo

Arcane
Why even have Best Jokes as a choice if hideous laughter never fucking lands anyway

Nerd Commando's Nenio build gets around that by taking 1 Crossblooded Sorcerer dip to get the Fey Bloodline (as one of the two bloodlines) and then the Mythic Fey Bloodline (plus ofc the usual school and pen stuff), both of which bump up Enchantment enough to make Hideous Laughter with Best jokes much more reliable and powerful - with the relevant metamagics (heighten and persistent IIRC) to have it in higher slots, it works nicely as a thematic "neat trick."
>Meme Commando

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
who the fuck designed the midnight isles?

cancerous place indeed. obtuse pathfinding pun intended, loads of shitty npcs that clog up performance, pixel hunting... ugh.. act 4 can suck my dick.

Fucking rotating CITY wityh 5 fps... wow.. fucking fun.

fuck u owlcat

Reinhardt

Arcane
Slavery is probably the most hated thing to a Azata. Chaotic Good is all about freedom to do anything that doesn't hurt the freedom of others. Azata = Cosmic Ancap.

----------------

Anyway, what I liked on kingmaker
  • Discovering the story of the companions
  • Getting a barony and seeing it expanding and growing with me and my companions
  • Solving problems plaguing my barony
  • Solving mysteries of ancient curses and dealing with feyfolk.
  • Taking decisions during kingdom managing
  • Using cool spells
  • Dungeon crawling
  • (...)
what I liked in WoTR :
  • Using cool spells
The rest, is inferior to kingmaker. Not that PF:WoTR is bad, but companions for eg, the best companion moment in the game is when you meet

Jubilost in a broken carriage

This game is amazing, I liked playing it, but honestly, I wish that OwlCat had taken other module to adapt. WoTR is probably the worst module and if it can be fun with the worst AP, imagine the best AP...
That feeling when even Victor starts to understand that "city where everything is epic level lich and even their servants are epic level liches!" is fucking boring. Congrats, owlcat, you magnificent bastards! You achieved impossible!

Reinhardt

Arcane
Are the camp quartermaster conversations only for flavour? Or they actually have consequences?
I told him soldiers could use a rousing song before the siege and now I feel kind of lame and gay about it.
He's best bro. I would trade most of party members for him. Moment when he comes to you with some gold he and other regular soldiers collected for their commander...:love:

It's a bug. If you interact with the machine in the room with the crusader who resisted control BEFORE having some items, you won't be able to open those doors (the circlet).

Sucks I know.
Just to be sure, since I'm doing the whole area from start, what's the CORRECT sequence of events to NOT incur in the bug?

Salvo

Arcane
They have consequences, install ToyBox and toggle the option that shows you dialogue results to see more

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
It's a bug. If you interact with the machine in the room with the crusader who resisted control BEFORE having some items, you won't be able to open those doors (the circlet).

Sucks I know.
Just to be sure, since I'm doing the whole area from start, what's the CORRECT sequence of events to NOT incur in the bug?

I believe you have to get the circlet (i don't remember the name) and maybe some other items first, after the interaction you get a psy-something-circlet that will allow you to open the last doors. Just leave the interaction last after you explored everything else and killed the mage.

I did blackwater before the nerf of the latest patch so I really couldn't force myself to redo it (I play on hard). I just toyboxed the psycirclet and thats it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom