Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Are the camp quartermaster conversations only for flavour? Or they actually have consequences?
I told him soldiers could use a rousing song before the siege and now I feel kind of lame and gay about it.

At some point in Drezen Wilcen passed on a sizeable donation from the soldiers, I'm guessing that's the result of treating them consistently nicely?

Shadenuat

Arcane
ss98IgO.jpg

seems to be all working as intended, no problems.
not going to abuse this in any way.

(it's probably bad idea in the long run, but amusing to play early game with this until they fix it)

volklore

Arcane
How'd you get vital strike on a witch this early ?
edit : oh nvm, it's probably just a dip

Shadenuat

Arcane
You fookin weeb...
Yes, I am.

Sounds like you went with an evil oracle then.
Yeah I even decided I will pick up Inflict Wounds spells. They ignore SR and I have a horse. The noble grail damsel quickly turns into evil feyqwan. With a massive greatsword.
I am still figuring out schools to sink my DC into, enchant&evocation are interesting but final Angel spells are Conjuration eh.

I am just figuring out a smooth Unfair sailing for my larp builds atm.

Next thing I need to begin working on is Phantasmal Mage.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Awesome sauce!

That's a lot of uses of that Shrouded Step, though. Is it bugged?

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
There is a "Cave" exit visible at the north-west corner of the Lost Chapel map. You can see it only if you get very near to the precipice and turn the camera to and fro. It's at the very bottom, hidden from sight usually. I don't know how to access it, the cave from the north-east didn't lead to it, neither did any "athletics points" nor the main dungeon. Any advice please? Duck-duck is silent on this (google is for people who think Diablo is a milestone in the RPG, so I must refuse to use it). I've searched for two hours already :argh:

volklore

Arcane
There is a "Cave" exit visible at the north-west corner of the Lost Chapel map. You can see it only if you get very near to the precipice and turn the camera to and fro. It's at the very bottom, hidden from sight usually. I don't know how to access it, the cave from the north-east didn't lead to it, neither did any "athletics points" nor the main dungeon. Any advice please? Duck-duck is silent on this (google is for people who think Diablo is a milestone in the RPG, so I must refuse to use it). I've searched for two hours already :argh:
Maybe dimension door ? I saw this entrance yesterday too.

Shadenuat

Arcane
So the extra abilities and damage of these exploits depend on charisma, my casting stat is int, to land them I need dex since they're touch attacks. And I only get 1 feat so no Precise.

Maybe I should memorise stone fist and make my gnome just slap things with his little noodles arms in melee, or simply run away with extra gnome background speed.

I am not memorising grease on an illustion racial kit, game.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Maybe dimension door ? I saw this entrance yesterday too.
I am not near this level of spells, but a good advice, thanks! I'll try that later.

volklore

Arcane
I wanted to play phantasmal mage because illusionists are great but :
1) have to be gnome but casting stat is int... Kinda wastes the whole illusion DC racial since another race would be able to start with higher int.
2) Arcanist pays for low feats number with exploits but you need cha to expand arcane pool and number of consumes per day and you need dex to land them
3)Illusion is shit until 4th level spells and you don't really have the feats for conjuration spell focus into expanded arsenal illusion (and yeah grease/glitterdust on an illusionist sucks ass)

That said being able to persistent illusion spells from lvl 11 on the spot with arcane pool is juicy as hell, it just seems pita to get that character there without early game conjuration package.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"city where everything is epic level lich and even their servants are epic level liches!" is fucking boring. Congrats, owlcat, you magnificent bastards! You achieved impossible!

Already said hundreds of pages ago that ch 5 is too bloated even for me. I honestly was expecting a adventure like nwn: Hordes of the Underdark, where a monarch of the lower planes will be the main antagonist and only at very end after questing a lot, you will have a chance to face him and got a game where you see dozens of Godlike beings everywhere. I like high level stuff, but this game took it too far.

Sadly, enemies only does interesting stuff in beginning, like a ch1 conjurer using invisibility and spamming summon monsters but late game bosses never do something smart like it(eg - use a rod of greater quicken metamagic to cast disjunction in the PCs and then, CC the party). They are just mindless enemies with bloated stats mindless charging in your front lines. The first time that you see a skyscraper sized demon, is cool but the 666th time isn't.

Anyway, now that OwlCat adapted the "pathfinder's throne of the bloostone", their next game will gonna be less epic. BTW, most Adventure Paths aren't that high level. Skull & shakles only reaches high level(13+) on the very last book and 4 of the 6 books are bellow lv 10. IT is not a lv 1 to 10 adventure like you would prefer, but I'm pretty sure that you will like more any AP which OwlCat adapts next.

And lets pray, so Paizo will not act like Woketards and force OwlCat to "promote the current edition". After making a huge success by not following 4E trends, Paizo decide to .... Make bizarre admixture of 4E and 5E...

Illusion is shit until 4th level spells

No, are not. Displacement is a amazing buff which essentially doubles the amont of hits which your front line fighters can soak. Mirror image is a amazing defensive spell. Vrocks uses it a lot in this game... You just lack offensive spells. And the point of illusionism is not to be a pyromaniac evoker. IS to do illusion.

And as a low level mage, buffing party members > dealing damage. Even at mid level, you are more useful buffing.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
1) have to be gnome but casting stat is int... Kinda wastes the whole illusion DC racial since another race would be able to start with higher int.
2) Arcanist pays for low feats number with exploits but you need cha to expand arcane pool and number of consumes per day and you need dex to land them
3)Illusion is shit until 4th level spells and you don't really have the feats for conjuration spell focus into expanded arsenal illusion (and yeah grease/glitterdust on an illusionist sucks ass)

That said being able to persistent illusion spells from lvl 11 on the spot with arcane pool is juicy as hell, it just seems pita to get that character there without early game conjuration package.
Their spells don't work on Undead. Undead are second most common enemy after Demons. At least with Necro you can pick Mythic ability that lets you ignore enemy immunity to Negative energy, Illusionist has nothing.
It is why the only pure mage companion you get, in my party she is using fire spells with Mythic ability to ignore Fire Immunity instead of her specialization of Illusion.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned

I don't see any cave entrance in the north west corner, just some low ground you can get to via an Athletics check.

volklore

Arcane

Their spells don't work on Undead. Undead are second most common enemy after Demons. At least with Necro you can pick Mythic ability that lets you ignore enemy immunity to Negative energy, Illusionist has nothing.
Arcanist is still a full spellcaster, you can use other schools. My point is if you wanna go for illusions it might be better to make an arcane sorc and be more flexible and have more feats

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

It is why the only pure mage companion you get, in my party she is using fire spells with Mythic ability to ignore Fire Immunity instead of her specialization of Illusion.

You can have Daeran or Ember fire nuke much better than Nenio could, her CC and instadeath spells are invaluable vs the demons.

volklore

Arcane
I mean all you need vs undead for CC is heightened shit targetting will or reflex like glitterdust and grease. Also not sure but a dip into sorc (UD bloodline) or just play arcane sorc and take second bloodline mythic feat for undead bloodline makes a lot of illusion spells work on undead.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Hmm, I only know about two cave entrances, the one NE on the ground and the one that looks like a well on the mountain to the NW of that (but not NW on the map as a whole, it's still in the eastern half of the map). The one on the mountain is an exit from inside the cave that's accessed via the NE ground entrance. The way from inside the cave to the exit on the mountainside is easy to miss though (it's a ladder uncovered by clicking on a hand). Are you saying there's another cave entrance other than those two?

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
1) have to be gnome
We have an equivalent of iceplant and are very smoll, dexterious and cute, and cast arcane spells. I am thinking into this direction atm.

Maybe try Acid first, but I don't even want to invest into shooty feats because I am not interested in rays anyway. And Unfair monsters even when flat footed have good ac.

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
1) have to be gnome
We have an equivalent of iceplant and are very smoll, dexterious and cute, and cast arcane spells. I am thinking into this direction atm.
How can you even play gnome when you can't even be the coolest gnome in the party? Better murder regill so you don't have to walk in his shadow...
I mean look at his stare, that's what a gnome illusionist is supposed to look like. Killing you with a stare that makes you see all your relatives die a horrible death. But no, dnd illusion magic is chaotic gnomes playing with rainbows and butterflies ;_;

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
1) have to be gnome
How can you even play gnome when you can't even be the coolest gnome in the party? Better murder regill so you don't have to walk in his shadow...
I mean look at his stare, that's what a gnome illusionist is supposed to look like. Killing you with a stare that makes you want to commit. But no dnd illusion magic is chaotic gnomes playing with rainbows and butterflies ;_;
What do you mean party?! He is coolest gnome of any cRPG so far.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
arcane bloodline sorcerer gnome raped Kingmaker, sadly here maybe something evoker/conjurer could be better.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
1) have to be gnome
I mean look at his stare, that's what a gnome illusionist is supposed to look like. Killing you with a stare that makes you want to commit. But no dnd illusion magic is chaotic gnomes playing with rainbows and butterflies ;_;
What do you mean party?! He is coolest gnome of any cRPG so far.

Jan Janssen is still the best.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom