Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

jackofshadows

Magister
So what's the best rifle?

Struggling to find anything to replace the custom made sniper rifle, due to it's lower AP cost, the power armor rifle included.
Isn't it jam? Jamming virtually add value to the ap cost. Also w/o drugs ap max is 11 so isn't it 2 aimed shots per turn anyway? I used type 63 most of the time due to round type but the best one is the power armor one due to flat 50% crit chance bonus I think, it's more than the usual 45% cumulative perk bonus when you shooting eyes/head.
Just started the game,for now it is very speech and barter focused. Does anyone know what is a good number for the skills? Also a bit of shame that there is no combat yet.
You don't actually need barter at all. If you want resolve most quests peacefully then invest in speech hard. In general despite that the game has quite high checks sometimes it also provides tons of alternatives so don't worry about the thresholds.

Last edited:

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Belyashi, it would seem, are somewhat like buses. When you spend hours looking for them you’ll never find them…
6-D29-DC63-EE30-4-A9-A-98-BE-AEBB021-F9-FEA.jpg

…then when you’re not even looking for them two come along at once!

Parabalus

Arcane
Isn't it jam? Jamming virtually add value to ap cost. Also w/o drugs ap max is 11 so isn't it 2 aimed shots per turn anyway? I used type 63 most of the time due to round type but the best one is the power armor one due to flat 50 crit chance I think, it's more than the usual 45% cumulative perk bonus when you shooting eyes/head.

There's no jamming with the ability, there's a stock attachment which gives -1AP cost, so it costs 3 AP. To my surprise it's much better than the type 63, used that before I noticed the crafted one has a lower AP cost.

Power armor one can't used aimed shots at all, but it crits with the basic one all the time. It's def the best, heavy though.

Just started the game,for now it is very speech and barter focused. Does anyone know what is a good number for the skills? Also a bit of shame that there is no combat yet.

Seen 290 for speech and 200ish for Barter.

jackofshadows

Magister
There's no jamming with the perk, there's an addon which gives -1AP cost, so it costs 3 AP.
Ah, forgot to check compatibility between the op mod and that junk rifle. Turns out, it is the best for general purposes then if not the best (lul). On drugs you can shoot 5 aimed shots per turn with her. I suspect it has a shitty range though so you still wanna have something like Dragunov for shooting bums from afar like in the Underground.

Last edited:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Is the original ATOM bug-free now? I remember it was crashing randomly every few minutes.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Beware the secretaries, because there's a certain one that might just break your heart...
As far as I can see Combat, UI and Encounter balance are what troubles the players the most, so these suggestions are very helpful, I'll be sure to spread them to the team!
And thanks for the bugs, will check!

Some more feedback.
  • Auto-unequip before the boxing match can be annoying, would it be possible to not unequip the backpack at least?
  • Or equip a special armor/belt (boxing shorts?) with no weight and no armor capabilities working like the super armor (+carry weight) and re-equipping you automatically after the fight
  • Same as everyone else, the super armor is too strong for regular encounters.

Suggestions
  • Special/lucky encounters like in Fallout and to some extend ATOM would be nice.
  • Factions hiring assassins/mercenaries after you if you kill too many of their followers (instead of avoiding their random encounters) and make it tough encounters and even better if you don't get the loot so you can give them very good weapons and armors (reinforcements so you have to leave or someone shooting a rocket destroying corpses and their equipment before you can loot)

For the next game?
  • The heist quest was great, more of this would be very nice (not too many but 2/4 per game would be nice)
  • Improve the combat*

Combat
  • Partial cover mechanism
  • Flanking mechanism
  • More handcrafted encounters and less random ones, even ATOM had more of these.
  • This would lead to more difficult combat and require:
  • Full party control

Parabalus

Arcane
Games is much longer than expected, almost too long.

Feels like a power fantasy after the main Atom game, which is great.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Okay so bought it, right. Even had my old saves okay. My question is how viable are pistols and smg's?
I found pistols lacking in original and smg's kinda ok. Also I feel like power armor mixes best with heavy weapons right? Is there STR limit/req for powerarmor?

Parabalus

Arcane
Okay so bought it, right. Even had my old saves okay. My question is how viable are pistols and smg's?
I found pistols lacking in original and smg's kinda ok. Also I feel like power armor mixes best with heavy weapons right? Is there STR limit/req for powerarmor?

None, perfectly fine with 0 STR. Even helps it, since power armor gives +carry weight.

jackofshadows

Magister
Pistols/smgs are viable but they work best with shields and why you'd want a shield if you can wear power armor? So you better off with rifles, auto or even melee instead I think. Set STR on 5-6 for heavy weapons (pa gives +2 and iirc the highest str requirement is like 8 for machineguns and 7 for rifle).

Parabalus

Arcane
Pistols/smgs are viable but they work best with shields and why you'd want a shield if you can wear power armor? So you better off with rifles, auto or even melee instead I think. Set STR on 5-6 for heavy weapons (pa gives +2 and iirc the highest str requirement is like 8 for machineguns and 7 for rifle).

What does meeting the requirement give you? Isn't it just THC?

Thonius

Arcane
In the first game, I think it was huge penalty? Do not remember really. Also my build from first game was aimed at shields BUT I ended up using 2 smgs instead.
Shiled + power armor = 0 dmg? Maybe that's why?

jackofshadows

Magister
Yes but the penalty is significant and not like there's a ton of options to spent your stats elsewhere in this game.
Also my build from first game was aimed at shields BUT I ended up using 2 smgs instead.
Shiled uses the backpack slot wtf are you talking about.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
Yes but the penalty is significant and not like there's a ton of options to spent your stats elsewhere in this game.
Also my build from first game was aimed at shields BUT I ended up using 2 smgs instead.
Shiled uses the backpack slot wtf are you talking about.
I don't remember duh! What I remember is that I never or stopped using the shield very fast. I instaled ATOM 1 and I had to smg on my main dude so.... okie dokie.

jackofshadows

Magister
I don't remember duh! What I remember is that I never or stopped using the shield very fast. I instaled ATOM 1 and I had to smg on my main dude so.... okie dokie.
Just in case: you can reallocate any skill points and everything else after the import.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Some more feedback
  • You can't refuel if a companion is carrying diesel instead of the main character (minor nuisance but nuisance nonetheless)
  • Food bonus can be hidden from the UI in low resolution
  • Shift + double click to grab the loot one by one only work if you aim right in the middle of the item (minor nuisance)
  • Same for unload weapon or craft buttons, the "hitbox" should be bigger
  • Keys should work from the inventory, if you have it, the door opens, even better if they don't take any spot in the inventory, it's already crowded in there
  • Got locked in a closet in the boat upstairs, probably in the captain's quarter, long wang was in fromt of the door, inside, hexogen right on the door's tile, i could ask hexogen to move but not long wang ... Would be nice if crossing friendlies tiles outside of combat was automatic or just a button to move any NPC like Fallout's fixit (or was it sfall) did.

Parabalus

Arcane
Got locked in a closet in the boat upstairs, probably in the captain's quarter, long wang was in fromt of the door, inside, hexogen right on the door's tile, i could ask hexogen to move but not long wang ... Would be nice if crossing friendlies tiles outside of combat was automatic or just a button to move any NPC like Fallout's fixit (or was it sfall) did.

This is more specific, you can ask him long wang to move before you off the captain, afterwards you can't.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why the fuck is this even a sequel in this way ??

You could have been given just a new job and send to do it,no need to be connected to atom.

Do you get your level from an imported save? If yes,then that is retarded,means that you will just never level up.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just found a cheap trick to steal shit on the ground,just go next to it,open your inventory and it will be on the right side,you could just take it without people giving a shit about it. Also it is faster,than the slow animation of picking up items.

Vezok

Novice
Why the fuck is this even a sequel in this way ??

This is an expansion though. ATOM 1.5, not ATOM 2. iirc Atomboy said it wasn't planned to be this big, but the project expanded as they developed so it became like a sequel, at least content-wise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom