Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

volklore

Arcane
arcane bloodline sorcerer gnome raped Kingmaker, sadly here maybe something evoker/conjurer could be better.
Feys were super problematic for mind affecting too. Conjuration was by far the best school for KM, fey were getting rekt by heightened cloudkill/stinking

I wanted to play phantasmal mage because illusionists are great but :
1) have to be gnome
We have an equivalent of iceplant and are very smoll, dexterious and cute, and cast arcane spells. I am thinking into this direction atm.
So you would frontline early on ? Hmm not a bad idea actually.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Weird fully stacked (great dreamer smile, ring of circumstances, maya's charm, etc etc) completely anhilated the Wild Hunt.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lich options in Act 3 so far are exciting. I went to that Temple of Erastil and found the
underground tomb and turned that priestess to my undead slave LOL. So far I got no way to use her, I hope there is a fun way to.
Also after the battle at end of Act 2
where I killed that traitor dwarf I got asked in Act 3 what I want to do with his body and I told them to leave it there, I got special plans for it lol. I hope this is how you get him to become your undead companion.
Also the new councilor that joins you
your Lich master
, I am sure he will have fun ways to make the story interesting.

Lhynn

Arcane
Char roll with it vs virgin respecer.
I'm not usually edgy, but I think I'm on the same camp here. I can't understand respecs. If you made a decision in your char build, stick with it, and see what happens.
While it is late to answer this. Go ahead and make a charge build, then "stick with it" for the rest of the playthrough. You will hate these motherfuckers by the 50 hour mark.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Char roll with it vs virgin respecer.
I'm not usually edgy, but I think I'm on the same camp here. I can't understand respecs. If you made a decision in your char build, stick with it, and see what happens.
While it is late to answer this. Go ahead and make a charge build, then "stick with it" for the rest of the playthrough. You will hate these motherfuckers by the 50 hour mark.
I just learned not to charge like young overeager bull and just walk like old wise one - "мы сейчас спокойно спустимся и выебем всё стадо"

Ruchy

Scholar
1) have to be gnome
We have an equivalent of iceplant and are very smoll, dexterious and cute, and cast arcane spells. I am thinking into this direction atm.
How can you even play gnome when you can't even be the coolest gnome in the party? Better murder regill so you don't have to walk in his shadow...
I mean look at his stare, that's what a gnome illusionist is supposed to look like. Killing you with a stare that makes you want to commit. But no dnd illusion magic is chaotic gnomes playing with rainbows and butterflies ;_;
What do you mean party?! He is coolest gnome of any cRPG so far.

Not even a contest, Regill was a very pleasant surprise from gnomes for me especially after Tartuccio the gnome punching bag.

Percy

Cipher
The transformation into the Swarm is kinda funny.

So basically you have a discussion/intervention with Iomedae and Nocticula (not sure if the gods change depending on path) and your companions.
Asked to choose between becoming mortal or continuing as a Trickster (btw the honk path is funny and OP, just give everyone improved critical feats and you can kill Hez and Baphoment in two rounds, particularly Wendaug and Aru)
Ask them what to do, 50/50 split between taking and rejecting it.
Let's see what is behind Door #3
Choose the Swarm.
Nocticula thinks you're disgusting.
Iomadae smites you.
You die.
Daeren thinks its funny.
You get reborn.

Efe

Erudite
yDa4ioc.png

ok this battle is hardcore af i spend one hour on it and i just can't do it reloaded old save and cleared slavers one by one
everyone should have like 7 treant summons. use a couple of them for each character, theym ake great fodder

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
ok this battle is hardcore af i spend one hour on it and i just can't do it reloaded old save and cleared slavers one by one

Most dangerous things are there are guards (if they live long , they'll spam horrid witting) and that beholder thingy. I focused guards while Seelah smiting beholder demon.
OFC then came the reinforcements who spam lightning attacks, only MC and his mount remained after their first salvo but those duo was enough to butcher them 1 by 1.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
The first military decisions I get between the four choices, champions, shield bearers, spearmen etc, which is the best choice or doesn't it matter much?

Shadenuat

Arcane
born as a spellcaster, owlcat grant you shield and mage armor memorised.
guess I am the one to tank the monitor lizard then.
Cam, give me that buckler. oh right Shield.

well it's still all better than color spray.

update: lizard finally stopped rolling crit sucesses on will against color spray.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
The first military decisions I get between the four choices, champions, shield bearers, spearmen etc, which is the best choice or doesn't it matter much?

Shield-bearers are like cockroaches. They are very tough but have no real attack ability.
Champions are the opposite, 100% glass cannons.
The others are in the middle.

I go for Champions, but shield-bearers are also useful for sticking in front of your best archers and denying enemy attacks.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Since nobody answered, I'll ask again.

To those who play the game intensively - which Path has the most options/unique interactions/features etc.? In other words - which one is the richest?

Efe

Erudite
shield bearer sounds more useful if you got mage leader.
I had archer and sorely needed champions damage boost. you need to get hold monster and a heal spell asap. rest dont really matter much

problem with champions is if stack dies, you cannot heal with spells. until you reach critical mass where they can just soak a couple hits and you get to heal them back to full afterwards, they are a lot less usable

Sharpedge

Prophet
Since nobody answered, I'll ask again.

To those who play the game intensively - which Path has the most options/unique interactions/features etc.? In other words - which one is the richest?
Its difficult to answer, because I doubt anyone here has played all of the paths. Out of the ones I have tried across both the beta and the released game, Demon had the most reactivity, followed by lich. Angel is the most disappointing out of the ones I tried.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not even a contest, Regill was a very pleasant surprise from gnomes for me especially after Tartuccio the gnome punching bag.
Regill is half-dead and dying. It's like praising a terminal cancer patient who decided to become a suicide bomber.

Not that I have anything against it...

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What do you use mounted scouts for? Worth recruiting them or as I suspect they are useless?

Shadenuat

Arcane
1) have to be gnome but casting stat is int... Kinda wastes the whole illusion DC racial since another race would be able to start with higher int
Ur still arcanist so with potent +2 dc and +1 from gnome. Gut thing you get +2 dc on any spell you might learn. Sorc can't change their spells.
gnome can pick +2 levels of Shadow spells. but so can any gnome.
So I guess the question is, is Phantasmal metamagic worth it or you will be able to do it some other way anyway.

In the end, it should all click, but as always with casters in this game - a bit too much work.

Also no options in feats - you basically have enough to get dc, spell pen, and improved ini or shadow magic before you get to mid levels.

Cool skills though, I have 3 knowledges & high Persuasion +background boosts. Shake them > potent > some cc spell.

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I must admit that while I don't have any strong objection to the battles, they're still a bit of a blooming, buzzing confusion to me atm. I'm basically clinging to Scorching Ray for dear life and hoping for the best. The Hellknights seem to be pretty awesome, so I get as many of them as I can whenever I can. Champions seem to be pretty good too, and Hedge Knights aren't bad. I suppose the Priests are ok. And the wee mage "slingers" are much better than any flavour of archer. (Side-note, when the Azataas came on board, I thought "wow, cool, some real heavy hitters, but it turns out the Azatas are obnoxiously underpowered considering they take 4 squares in loadout - fucking fairies.)

But none of the other general abilities apart from Scorching Ray (and heals) seem to do anything - Heroism doesn't make any noticeable difference, nor does the haste, nor does the golden circle thingy.

Also, I'd like to use more of a formation thing with shieldbearers up front, etc., like a semi-proper army thing, but the mobs just ignore them and go for the backline. The obvious answer seems to be to stick the archers in a corner and surround them with hitters, but I refuse to stoop to that level of cheesiness.

The enemy variety is quite entertaining though.

Parabalus

Arcane
Weird fully stacked (great dreamer smile, ring of circumstances, maya's charm, etc etc) completely anhilated the Wild Hunt.

Does the same to demons.
shield bearer sounds more useful if you got mage leader.
I had archer and sorely needed champions damage boost. you need to get hold monster and a heal spell asap. rest dont really matter much

problem with champions is if stack dies, you cannot heal with spells. until you reach critical mass where they can just soak a couple hits and you get to heal them back to full afterwards, they are a lot less usable

Don't do this to yourself guys, take a mage leader. They do 100k in an AoE, makes everything much faster.
For comparison late-game stack of champions (map cleared) did less than 40k on a crit.

Efe

Erudite
Just relaying my experience. I'm way past the suffering phase, just 3 stacks of marksmen shooting stuff and paladins/hellknights skipping turns.
Its funny how deadliest enemy you meet are dretches, followed by lilitu/succubus casting dominate. nothing else matters

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom