Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Codex Year of the Donut
When will they release? When they are done with the scope, or when they run out of money. You guess which will happen first :D
Is this another episode of "codex unaware of how successful Larian is"?
The early access version of BG3 already sold more copies than most other RPGs in existence.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
When will they release? When they are done with the scope, or when they run out of money. You guess which will happen first :D
The early access version of BG3 already sold more copies than most other RPGs in existence.
You mean twice as less than DoS2 which sold like a third of what disco communism did lol.

Codex Year of the Donut
You mean twice as less than DoS2 which sold like a third of what disco communism did lol.
What does disco communism have to do with RPGs?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That it is better rpg than any larian one,and it sold more than all of their modern shit put together :smug:

Codex Year of the Donut
That it is better rpg than any larian one,and it sold more than all of their modern shit put together :smug:
It's not an rpg tho

RandomName

Novice
Disco - 37 750 reviews. DOS2 - 112 963 reviews. Unless Disco sold 10 times better on consoles, you are completely wrong:lol:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
You know that's mostly because of the name right?
Average gamer today was born after BG2 released. You're old, your friends are old, they make up a tiny minority of gamers.

Ok, first of all screw you.

:negative:
If you think this is an actual argument, go look at the new dark alliance sales figures.

This is spot on though. It's not even like it's a graphics only thing. Dark Alliance had reasonable graphics to the extent that some people seemed impressed by it, but even my wife thought it looked janky in motion and had no interest in trying it out to co-op it. (I didn't either...)

Baldur's Gate isn't really much of a name in the mainstream anymore and there are a lot of mainstream reviews that hated the EEs for being archaic in gameplay and difficulty. It might appeal on the D&D brand with the success of 5E, but then you'd still expect that to carry over across a lot of the other D&D shovelware that's currently available, including Dark Alliance. This hasn't been the case.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That "old" friends of mine are whales. Average gamer my ass, those poorfags got nothing.
Ye'olde role players with one of their dream game gets a follow up after all those years? They're all getting collectors editions (probably one or two are getting tattoos) and such while "average gamers" getting it from shady sites, Steam discounts or begging on web sites.

And the fuck is Dark Alliance, it's a freaking mediocre (I'm being generous) action game that nobody cared about it back then. Pretty sure nobody cares right now. It probably sold on consoles because of console game shoratge or gamepass. Typical WotC cash grab.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That "old" friends of mine are whales. Average gamer my ass, those poorfags got nothing.
Ye'olde role players with one of their dream game gets a follow up after all those years? They're all getting collectors editions (probably one or two are getting tattoos) and such while "average gamers" getting it from shady sites, Steam discounts or begging on web sites.

This is true too, I dropped something retarded like $400 on POE and around $300 on Deadfire and have the collectors box or signed collectors box of pretty much every major RPG kickstarter (in my opinion) that hit the right buttons for me. I even liked some of the finished games. lol

Heinrich

Scholar
What are you talking about? Disco Elysium is less popular than anything Larian ever did (except maybe beyond divinity) . Are you people all retarded? You can just google these things.

Atchodas

Augur
Are you people all retarded? You can just google these things

Anti-Larian brigade has been making stuff up since the first day when BG3 was announced and there was no info about the game except that Larian will be developing it.

And yes they are butthurt retards, who will take blue pill so they can hapilly live in their little delusional world.

Thonius

Arcane

Anti-Larian brigade has been making stuff up since the first day when BG3 was announced and there was no info about the game except that Larian will be developing it.

And yes they are butthurt retards, who will take blue pill so they can hapilly live in their little delusional world.
You got something brown on your nose, and it ain't waffle chocolate! Swen is pleased.

Atchodas

Augur

You got something brown on your nose, and it ain't waffle chocolate! Swen is pleased.

Getting lost in your delusions :lol:

Thonius

Arcane
Sure, it was me who popped out of nowhere to shill for Larian, pal. Begone Obsidian poster! "Mister redpill" lmao.
Their previous games were crap with randomized loot for drooling retards, they are shit! I can't imagine forcing myself to replay them, maybe under the gunpoint. If I could time travel I would go back and punch mysef in the balls to prevent me from buying dos2 and kickstarting dos1.
But I'm sure BG3 will be a good but flawed game. It will be a commercial success because of the dnd name and bg name. It will be good because 90% of systems are covered by albeit shitty edition of DnD, and out-of-combat interactions with the world ( credit where credit is due to swens ultima approach).
At the same time, most of its flaws will be from banal shit boring DnD5 system(shitty char build, wizards mutilation and concentration and skill checks) and larian humor, theme park design. Gotta plow trough shit to get to the good parts!
In other words, it's not all black and white.

jackofshadows

Magister
Ah yes, those who dare to take BG3 for what it is live in their delusional world, not those who think it's the best thing ever and shilling for it like there's no tomorrow. D:OS games are mass-appeal garbage so it's not stretch at all to expect same level of quality from BG3 when it comes to the things that really matter.

Last edited:

Atchodas

Augur
Ah yes, those who dare to take BG3 for what it is live in their delusional world, not those who think it's the best thing ever and shilling for it like there's no tomorrow. D:OS games are mass-appeal garbage so it's not stretch at all to expect same level of quality from BG3 when it comes to the things that really matter.

People who make up false shit about DoS games BG3 and Larian are delusion butthurt retards thats a fact.

Thonius

Arcane

People who make up false shit about DoS games BG3 and Larian are delusion butthurt retards thats a fact.
I'm too lazy to make a fake fact-checker Snopes meme, so I'll just rate this post shit. Mr Shill.

Heinrich

Scholar
Honestly, it's amazing how many retarded people we have hanging around here. Really mind boggling what we have to work with. First we have AwesomeButton who is merely economically illiterate and imagines that a game that's already one of the most financially succesfull CRPGs of the last decade before it's even released will fail for lack of funding. Then comes around fantadomat who claims BG3 has sold
twice as less than DoS2 which sold like a third of what disco communism did
Not only has this creature a peculiar diction, it seems to have difficulty entirely grasping what numbers even are. Looking at Steamspy which isn't as accurate as it once was, but still alright enough for rough estimates, it has sold between half a million and a million copies. According to some mainstream gaming news it sold less then half a million half a year after release. Considering that most sales still happen a couple weeks after release, the idea that it sold more than DOS2 which seems to have sold more than five million on steam allone and is moving towards that ten million mark if you add together sales on all platforms is a bit laughable. Even the biggest upper outlier on Disco Elysium's success I could find https://www.rpgfan.com/feature/drea...n-interview-with-disco-elysiums-justin-keenan puts it at two million copies max, and as I said, that's the upper outlier.

And this isn't even talking about all the Victors and Ontopolys and Fedora Masters and however they are called, who's upper bound of intelligence just about allows them to start up a computer and plug in a keyboard and vomit their garbage in the general direction of posters more prestigious than them.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom