Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Finished repelling the demon attack on tavern. It turns out everyone except wenduag is useless. Wendy is just sniping and kiting everyone with her longbow, no one can catch up to her. And this was like the third or fourth time I avoided a party wipe thanks to her. My tank, the sassy hoe, can hold the enemies for max a minute while camilla melts like butter. My mage can do some damage but its nothing compared to wendy.

Israfael

Arcane
You don't have to tank anyone there, just let the melees run to the orc waman and focus on arsonists (which should go down in a round or two if focused)

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Numeria, where most high tech stuff from Golarion happens is very close to the Worldwound. Stolen Lands is also very close to Numeria. Hence the apparition of the Technic league in Kingmaker makes sense. As the blackwater stuff in worldwound.

As I said, I get that the whole high-tech thing is part of the setting.

I just think it's shit. Shit worldbuilding, that is.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Finished repelling the demon attack on tavern. It turns out everyone except wenduag is useless. Wendy is just sniping and kiting everyone with her longbow, no one can catch up to her. And this was like the third or fourth time I avoided a party wipe thanks to her. My tank, the sassy hoe, can hold the enemies for max a minute while camilla melts like butter. My mage can do some damage but its nothing compared to wendy.
Oh, you are playing wizard. I see you are a man of culture as well. Good luck, I found chapters 1 and 2 extra tough with a Wizard compared to my current Melee Cavalier.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Who are the hetero romance options by the way?
Pure hetero - Camellia and Lann. "Player-sexual" - Wenduag, Daeran, Arueshalae, Galfrey.

I think there is a hidden message that heterosexual men are inherently evil, because a man attracted only to women have one NE love interest, one ... you-know-who love interest, one good-aligned milf, and one ... succubus. But a good one.

Thonius

Arcane
Weird played it on core woljif and my horse was MVP, cast first hole spell that accessible, camelia - to cast web, MC magus- grease. Spider girl just sniped them while woljif backstabbed them. 0 dmg to tavern.

canakin

Cipher
Finished game twice so far. Have no idea what the game is about since I didn't bother reading none of the drivel Owlcat called writing. Don't give a shit about graphics though overall performance is less than stellar, so turned down or outright killed visual effects where possible. Camera was wonky at times. Combat was solid, character building was the most fun I've had since MotB.

Played once with azata rogue with custom mercs, told all the story companions to fuck off asap. Then had another go with lawful evil lich wizard used some of the original companions. Almost all of 'em sucked, their quests sucked, their builds sucked. Still good game, I'd rate it 7.5 out of 10.

Tip: If you morons are butthurt about so called sjw shit in the game just ignore the writing & story, what you don't read can't harm you. It's not like you miss out on some great literature by skipping some shitty video game dialogues.

Note: Abyss city sucked with all the floating islands nonsense.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good luck, I found chapters 1 and 2 extra tough with a Wizard compared to my current Melee Cavalier
I wish I was playing a Wizard instead of trying make these fucking late bloomer arcanists and 9 tailed weebs work.
I still want to try the Winter Witch as a lead of a full custom party. I briefly rolled her as a custom NPC but then decided to use the stock companion NPCs.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I still want to try the Winter Witch as a lead of a full custom party. I breifly rolled her as a custom NPC but then decided to use the stock companion NPCs.
Witch is a goddess compared to junk I am working with.

And the internet advice on sorcs and stuff is heaven. "Dip now to forever say goodbye to high level spells, or dip at level 15-20 when you already beaten 50%+ of the (hardest) part of game to get even more dc and spell pen which you now don't need."

Being a sorcerer player is a diagnosis.

Man I still need to shove Winter Witch into some mythic, but I am all set, cause I wanted a devil preservationist dr. caligari, regardless if it matches devil abilities or not.

The hellknight poster also made me want to play hellknight signifier, hell bureaucracy n all that.

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Augur
Angel's Sword of Heaven seems a bit too good. Helps with making oracles and clerics excellent nukers. At mythic lvl4 I took Abolish Guile, gives +50% damage against "creatures that use compulsion" when Sword of Heaven is on. But it seems to work on nearly everything, from zombies, to demons and dragons. And not just melee damage - spells too.
Bolt of Justice spell, against a demon, deals 1d10 per CL. Mythic level 4 is around char lvl ~11. Merged spellbook and +2 CL from Angel's Sword. Total CL of 17. And Bolster spell bonus damage gets increased too. So plus 50% damage from 17d10+30. No save, ignores SR. There's an AoE version of the spell too.

Wouldn't that make divine caster Angels better nukers than arcane caster liches? Lich does have the ability which makes creatures vulnerable to negative energy, but it has a save vs. fort, and to make use of that vulnerability, he also needs the ability which transforms his damage into negative. Feast of Blood and similar lich spells all deal unholy. Granted, the angel's Sword of Heaven doesn't last long at first, but it can be made to last minutes per level instead of rounds.

FriendlyMerchant

I wonder why you have to go to the third floor to purge the warding stone when you can literally touch it right here. I didn't think about it the first time. But now this really stands out to me.

hYQ7hpb.jpg

Rafidur

Learned
Lich is great at aoe, ludicrous caster level and can spam negative energy burst for 260ish? damage in an aoe, while fully healing undead allies in the aoe. When out of bursts you can fall back to horrid wilting which still hits very hard. Also has a lot of support spells, like aoe temporary hp, give undead immunities to somebody, or full resurrect/heal/restore on every undead around it.

Finger of death is garbage, everything that matters is immune to it.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh, you are playing wizard. I see you are a man of culture as well. Good luck, I found chapters 1 and 2 extra tough with a Wizard compared to my current Melee Cavalier.
Thanks, it's gonna get better I hope.

Codex Year of the Donut
Thanks, it's gonna get better I hope.
It always gets worse.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I wonder why you have to go to the third floor to purge the warding stone when you can literally touch it right here. I didn't think about it the first time. But now this really stands out to me.

hYQ7hpb.jpg

The firewire socket is only reachable from the third floor I bet.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Finished the game. In general the further you go the lazier the game gets. The game peaks at the Tavern battle, then it's all-right but the more I got to the end the more locations filled with copy-pasted enemies I found, the plot was becoming even more paper-thin, new enemies were just uberstrong copies of the old ones etc. The last chapter is just one mid-sized dungeon. I had to skip some quests because they were broken and unfinishable. Not the bad game despite it's flaws. I'd even replay it if not for the crusade system. I got through it once and I don't want to repeat it. I most definitely don't recommend buying it right now, wait for Owlcat to fix everything, maybe add some non-cringe companions as DLC, maybe do something about the crusade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom