Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
EXACTLY LIKE KINGMAKER

It's Kingmaker^2. The good parts are better, but the bad parts are even worse. Freedom in character creation greatly surpass Kingmaker. But crusade is even bigger waste of time than kingdom management. Dungeons (the good ones) are much better than anything in Kingmaker! Regil is better than any Kingmaker companion! But most of the other companions are worst in RPG history. The story is uber-epic! But the writing is uber-shit! Etc, etc.

cw8

Cipher
Ember's starting to become a killing machine. Intially I used her for her hexes, slumber and protective casts. Then I took Fire Ascendant Elemental for her, all the spell penetration feats, gave her a ring that adds dmg everything a fire spell is cast, the empowered rods, and the item that adds +4 to ranged touch rating for spells. Once she nearly died due to fire, now she's burning everything on sight with Burning Ray, Scorching Ray, Hellfire Ray. I don't even use the hexes much anymore.

FriendlyMerchant

EXACTLY LIKE KINGMAKER

It's Kingmaker^2. The good parts are better, but the bad parts are even worse. Freedom in character creation greatly surpass Kingmaker. But crusade is even bigger waste of time than kingdom management. Dungeons (the good ones) are much better than anything in Kingmaker! Regil is better than any Kingmaker companion! But most of the other companions are worst in RPG history. The story is uber-epic! But the writing is uber-shit! Etc, etc.

I'm waiting for them to figure out how to implement sneak attack and cover properly. Two fundamental parts of the ruleset that were implemented by mods in kingmaker.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ember's starting to become a killing machine. Intially I used her for her hexes, slumber and protective casts. Then I took Fire Ascendant Elemental for her, all the spell penetration feats, gave her a ring that adds dmg everything a fire spell is cast, the empowered rods, and the item that adds +4 to ranged touch rating for spells. Once she nearly died due to fire, now she's burning everything on sight with Burning Ray, Scorching Ray, Hellfire Ray. I don't even use the hexes much anymore.
Truly a child's crusade where all the demons get purified by the innocent's fire. :)

Codex Year of the Donut
EXACTLY LIKE KINGMAKER

I'm waiting for them to figure out how to implement sneak attack and cover properly. Two fundamental parts of the ruleset that were implemented by mods in kingmaker.
not implemented properly because they can't be bothered implementing AI when their fans think the epitome of challenge is stat bloat

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Adding proper flanking would be stupid, game is rtwp mess so trying to set up a proper flank isn’t worth it.

FriendlyMerchant

Adding proper flanking would be stupid, game is rtwp mess so trying to set up a proper flank isn’t worth it.
Proper flank might make some parts easier as spamming units with sneak attack would have their sneak die removed because you pulled them into a choke point and they can't fulfill the conditions for flanking.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I don't really play on difficult settings or anything, but offensive spells feel kinda useless. Regular enemies die to a hasted party and the ones that don't by rule have high spell resists, immunity to half of the worthwhile debuffs and insane saving stats. I initially had a grenadier, but you had to waste a mythic feat for 3/4 of the enemies to not be immune to fire, but even then bombs are a joke compared to what a similar level rogue does just by hitting a sneak attack. I guess if you build an evoker all the with spell school specializations and shit it would do something, but in chapter 2 I've basically resorted to just using Nenio for buffs and the occasional controlled fireball.

dacencora

I endured through 3 crusade fights and I basically have no desire to play the game anymore. In fact, I was about 200 turns deep when I decided to just reload and skip a day for my Wizard to regain the Fire abilities. I was a Kickstarter backer and I’m pretty disappointed.

KOTC 2 was extremely buggy and the encounters were very unfair, but it was way more fun than this game. The TB combat sucks, and the RTWP feels less slick than the Infinity Engine games and even Pillars.

The game has excellent character building, but that and the music are the only positives. I think I’m gonna abandon this game for a while. Go play something with good gameplay.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I don't really play on difficult settings or anything, but offensive spells feel kinda useless. Regular enemies die to a hasted party and the ones that don't by rule have high spell resists, immunity to half of the worthwhile debuffs and insane saving stats. I initially had a grenadier, but you had to waste a mythic feat for 3/4 of the enemies to not be immune to fire, but even then bombs are a joke compared to what a similar level rogue does just by hitting a sneak attack. I guess if you build an evoker all the with spell school specializations and shit it would do something, but in chapter 2 I've basically resorted to just using Nenio for buffs and the occasional controlled fireball.

I feel like classes that deals Physical damage or even classes that are a mix of both , like Magus, have a better time in this game.
My Ember deals decent damage with her Fire spell but even with , Ascedent:Fire , Spell and Greater Spell Penetration sometimes her spell get ignored.

While Regill , Woljif , My Scion and Archers in general deals insane amounts of damage with very little trouble not needing 2 Feats and 2 Mythic Feats to just not getting their attack ignored.
It's more likely that i just bad or still early, but Caster feels like Buff/Debuff bots more than anything.

Efe

Erudite
you do get about 40 or more spell pen. spell resist isnt a thing for %99 of enemies.and ascendant element ensures you always do dmg.
on the other hand for martials you do meet a lot of physical immune enemies and you go crying to ember at those times.

Delterius

Arcane
Good luck, I found chapters 1 and 2 extra tough with a Wizard compared to my current Melee Cavalier
I wish I was playing a Wizard instead of trying make these fucking late bloomer arcanists and 9 tailed weebs work.
Personally, I measure my arcane casters by their ability to be useful or, rather, satisfying through the whole game. Meaning that I look for sustainability and potential to shine as crowd controllers (which is where the arcane spellbooks really shine, but buffs are great too). This adds up to a ranking of Wizard into AT > Witch > Wizard > Sorcerer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Arcanist. AT is a meme, but it's a reliable meme that serves as both CC and a more than reliable blaster. Witches are great, they get to play at 'being a caster with infinite spellcasting' from the very beginning and a good choice of Patron can more than make up for their spellbook. Wizards beat Sorcerers, imo, due metamagic and faster spell progression. Sorcerers, however, do have a niche in super charging narrow schools of magic (say, you can combine Fey and Arcane Bloodlines to eventually get +4 to all offensive enchantment spells. Plus Expanded Arsenal seems to work with Arcane's school power). And Arcanist is the very worst of all possible worlds. Bad spell progression, meh class features, no extra feats. Being an Arcanist is the maximum of using spontaneous casting as a crutch.

Last edited:

Denim Destroyer

Learned
"What would I need a bag of holding for I only reached encumbrance one or two times in Kingmaker?"
It took 60 hours but I finally found out why. The thousand pound bag of gold in Colphyr mines made that tiny dungeon and retaking Drezen take three times longer than necessary. Jokes on Owlcat I have more money now than what I know what to do with.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I took one look at the Arcanist class and was like "Okay, who actually needs this?"
The best feature they have is their exploits and you can get those on a Wizard.

CodexTotalWar

Learned
Numeria, where most high tech stuff from Golarion happens is very close to the Worldwound. Stolen Lands is also very close to Numeria. Hence the apparition of the Technic league in Kingmaker makes sense. As the blackwater stuff in worldwound.

As I said, I get that the whole high-tech thing is part of the setting.

I just think it's shit. Shit worldbuilding, that is.

Apparently Blackwater is the backer quest "designed" by CohhCarnage.

Confirmed on stream:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CuriousSoftCarrotDancingBanana-3WtDPXe3o51mgjm8

The backer quest in Kingmaker (with the Hellknights and everything) was written pretty poorly too IIRC.

Acrux

Arcane
Arcanist is popular in TT because you get the flexibility of casting like a Wizard, but don't have to prepare every spell like a Sorcerer. I'm not sure where in "power level" exploits come vs bloodlines. For a CRPG, picking either Sorcerer or Wizard is usually better.

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik
Is it certain that owlcat will produce a third pathfinder adventure? People are speculating that it will be Iron Gods. That would be trully awesome if true!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is it certain that owlcat will produce a third pathfinder adventure? People are speculating that it will be Iron Gods. That would be trully awesome if true!

Is not certain. We don't know. Worst case scenario : Paizo will force then to use 2E. I just don't get. Paizo got a huge success because 4E was awful and Woketards was wanting to force the generic wow clone : tabletop edition into the players and now, more than decade later, Paizo decide to make a bizarre mixture of 4E and 5E...

IMO : ( conitnue PF1E = Adaptating a retroclone ) > Something original > Startinder > ( PF2E = D&D 5E )

Atlet

Arcane
Vatnik

Is not certain. We don't know. Worst case scenario : Paizo will force then to use 2E. I just don't get. Paizo got a huge success because 4E was awful and Woketards was wanting to force the generic wow clone : tabletop edition into the players and now, more than decade later, Paizo decide to make a bizarre mixture of 4E and 5E...

IMO : ( conitnue PF1E = Adaptating a retroclone ) > Something original > Startinder > ( PF2E = D&D 5E )

Did the devs already made any statement in regards of pathfinder 2E? Like anything at all, praising the ruleset, critics, ramblings etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom