Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is it certain that owlcat will produce a third pathfinder adventure? People are speculating that it will be Iron Gods. That would be trully awesome if true!

Is not certain. We don't know. Worst case scenario : Paizo will force then to use 2E. I just don't get. Paizo got a huge success because 4E was awful and Woketards was wanting to force the generic wow clone : tabletop edition into the players and now, more than decade later, Paizo decide to make a bizarre mixture of 4E and 5E...

IMO : ( conitnue PF1E = Adaptating a retroclone ) > Something original > Startinder > ( PF2E = D&D 5E )

Did the devs already made any statement in regards of pathfinder 2E? Like anything at all, praising the ruleset, critics, ramblings etc

I tried to find, but sadly din't found. Considering how different 2E is, if they make another 1E adventure, they can reuse almost everything. If they make 2E, they will need to re write things from the zero...

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
That's good news, then. I never read about the 2E, so I dont know if its bad or good, but if its that different from the 1E, then its not likely they will update the eventual new adventure to the newer edition.

On a side note, I fucking bought that expensive red salamander ring, and its not working :/

Reinhardt

Arcane
Bolt of Justice spell, against a demon, deals 1d10 per CL. Mythic level 4 is around char lvl ~11. Merged spellbook and +2 CL from Angel's Sword. Total CL of 17. And Bolster spell bonus damage gets increased too. So plus 50% damage from 17d10+30. No save, ignores SR.
You mean it's almost as good as hit with 2h sword? Cool.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Apologists of Divinity Original Sin 2 shouldn't criticize other RPGs about AI, nor about stat bloat. Remember yourself, please :lol:

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine defending D:OS 2 as anything interesting, when there has been clear evidence that playing as a spellcaster is clearly the worst thing you can in any RPG. Possibly ever. :P

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
never actually played DOS2

And how it is a bad thing? I have over 800 hours on kingmaker but could't get into DOS2. The game mechanics makes zero sense. Larianshill which is the greatest Larian Cultist, loves DOS2 and D&D 4E.

Is there a benefit to using swarm pheromones during Drezen siege? Other than unlocking swarm path later.

I believe that applies a minor debuff in demons(not sure); The Swarm mythic path is a mythic path for murderhobos. Azata for Ancaps. Lich for edgelords. Angels for religious fanatics, aeon for rule lawyers and so on.

game-journo mode

Even if he played on story mode. He is 100% right when he says that everything that Larian cultists criticize in other CRPG's are way worse in Larian games.

Parabalus

Arcane
Is there a benefit to using swarm pheromones during Drezen siege? Other than unlocking swarm path later.

Pretty sure it removes a few battles, one of them with several enemies teleporting in.

oh, and before you try to lie and claim you didn't play the game on game-journo mode
On Classic difficulty, totally playable and enjoyable. Lohse is found near the shrine of Lucian when you enter then fort area.

How are you supposed to play it?

You seem to be one of the few people who praise D:OS2.

Codex Year of the Donut
Apologists of Divinity Original Sin 2 shouldn't criticize games about AI,
how I can tell you've never actually played DOS2 on a non-game journo mode
I don’t care so much about the digital dick measuring, but do the higher difficulties of DOS2 introduce more brutal tactics from the AI, a la KOTC2? Or is it WOTR style where instead of one strong enemy, there’s 2?
Yes, the AI on tactician is completely different from the game-journo mode.
Not surprised to learn that most DOS2 haters love playing games on easy mode tbh.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
oh, and before you try to lie and claim you didn't play the game on game-journo mode
On Classic difficulty, totally playable and enjoyable. Lohse is found near the shrine of Lucian when you enter then fort area.
Mr. Investigator, put your powers into counting how many times I've said that that the whole game is Fort Joy, and after it everything falls apart. Because I've said it many times :D

dacencora

Apologists of Divinity Original Sin 2 shouldn't criticize games about AI,
how I can tell you've never actually played DOS2 on a non-game journo mode
I don’t care so much about the digital dick measuring, but do the higher difficulties of DOS2 introduce more brutal tactics from the AI, a la KOTC2? Or is it WOTR style where instead of one strong enemy, there’s 2?
Yes, the AI on tactician is completely different from the game-journo mode.
Not surprised to learn that most DOS2 haters love playing games on easy mode tbh.
Huh. I’ve been thinking about replaying DOS2. If the AI on Tactician is gud, that’s what I’ll do for that playthrough.

AwesomeButton

Patron

Pretty sure it removes a few battles, one of them with several enemies teleporting in.

Notice how this conversation took a turn:
There is still a spark of sanity there. At least he is only arguing the game has stellar AI on Tactician. At least he is not arguing the stat bloat isn't there, and that developers didn't adapt the ruleset to fit their scripting needs to make their lives easier at the expense of the players. Two things for which he seems to criticize WotR.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wait, DOS2 is worse after fort joy?

Both Kingmaker and WoTR has a high decline in game quality at late stages. Is teh quality decline worse in DOS2?

Codex Year of the Donut

There is still a spark of sanity there. At least he is only arguing the game has stellar AI on Tactician. At least he is not arguing the stat bloat isn't there, and that developers didn't adapt the ruleset to fit their scripting needs to make their lives easier at the expense of the players. Twi things for which he seems to criticize WotR,
yes, I'm aware the game has stat bloat, but it's an innate part of the ruleset.
wotr has stat bloat that is not present whatsoever in the original game and exists purely to challenge the player because they can't be bothered implementing an AI that does more than attack the thing closest to it

these are two completely separate issues, I hope that clears things up champ

Parabalus

Arcane

There is still a spark of sanity there. At least he is only arguing the game has stellar AI on Tactician. At least he is not arguing the stat bloat isn't there, and that developers didn't adapt the ruleset to fit their scripting needs to make their lives easier at the expense of the players. Twi things for which he seems to criticize WotR,
yes, I'm aware the game has stat bloat, but it's an innate part of the ruleset.
wotr has stat bloat that is not present whatsoever in the original game and exists purely to challenge the player because they can't be bothered implementing an AI that does more than attack the thing closest to it

these are two completely separate issues, I hope that clears things up champ

WoTR will def often ignore your frontline and go for backline, it happens.

What AI does D:OS2 have, apart from some terrain use?

AwesomeButton

Patron
- Full VO
- Dumbed down ruleset
- Stat bloat
- Writing and story adapted for the 10 year-old audience.

"Hey let's play this on Tactictan mode, it will be a real proving ground for my abilities as an RPG player!" - don't blame me for this never crossing my mind. :D

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there any reason to pick normal sorc over cross blooded sorc? What is the downside?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom