Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is fucking great

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wait why is Dark Sun racist? It doesn't even have half-orcs. Just cannibalistic halflings and weird bug people.

SJW see racism on everything, even on math... Probably the fact that fantasy races exists on the setting is enough to consider it racist. Or the fact that Muls can only exists via slavery cuz no woman want to date a manlet dwarf , i honestly don't know.

Trithne

Erudite
Wait why is Dark Sun racist? It doesn't even have half-orcs. Just cannibalistic halflings and weird bug people.

Because they expect their media to all be on the level of a Saturday morning cartoon. Where the evil is milquetoast and never really does anything.

The existence of slavery in the setting makes it fascist, even if most games involve escaped slaves fighting to free others or what have you.

It follows from there that since the setting is clearly fascist, anyone who likes it is a fascist by association. Therefore, they are also racist and sexist, and the game must be too.

Now, enough about the politics of idiots.

Ol' Willy - what were the classes of the Halflings? Interested to know.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Because they expect their media to all be on the level of a Saturday morning cartoon. Where the evil is milquetoast and never really does anything.

The existence of slavery in the setting makes it fascist, even if most games involve escaped slaves fighting to free others or what have you.

Well said. On 3e, I played a lv 12 preserver wizard focused on alteration wanting to research and develop a spell to turn infertile land into fertile land, transform sand into water and to develop constructs to replace the slave labor, his goal was to turn Athas into Eberron. This was not accomplished since was just a one shot game when most of the players of the group could't play and only would be accomplished on the end stages of a campaign if we had continued playing.

What makes interesting Dark Sun, is that is not Good VS Evil. Is a world DESTROYED and ruled by epic level Psions/Defiler casters who rebelled against their master who wanted to use then to commit genocide. The evil already won in that world. Now, is how to deal with tyranny and the consequences of having the world in a near dead stage due the use of defiling magic. In the cities, you are exposed to a absolute tyranny where a templar can accuse you of a crime and sentence you to slavery. Outside of city states, is a free for all, raiders, any village growing a little is attacked cuz he starts to become a treat to the sorcerer king and if you finally see a forest, don't enter. Unless you can deal with cannibal hobbits halflings. The world is tyrannical like hell in city states and chaotic evil like abyss outside of the city states.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
it's these companies who are the racists since they e.g can say orcs can be mistaken for black people and that's "problematic". why would they do the comparison in the first place unless you draw some racist conclusions..
can't wait for 2025 RPG's where you can't have negative traits, where you can't have a specific gender or race, and it's all these companies we used to love who's pushing the agenda, making sure they ruin the genre as a whole, just like the comic industry, just like the movie industry.. then they can complain "no one is buying!! HOW is this POSSIBLE?" stupid fucks.

Good thing I give zero shits about anything WotC puts out these days. The newest D&D edition I play in my groups is 3.5, and sometimes we fall back to 2E.

The cool thing about pen and paper systems is that they provide infinite content by virtue of your DM making up new campaigns with the existing ruleset, you NEVER have to "upgrade" to the latest edition!

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Hey guys! Quick question about importing characters into Wake Of The Ravager. Ok, so I have a postgame save in Shattered Lands, but
3 of my party members died in the last battle, and I got the Dragonbane Sword after the fight that i'd like to have. So, is there a way to somehow import one character from the postgame save with the sword and then import a previous save where the characters are alive? Or some trick to get a save with all characters intact and with the +4 sword?
. Open to any ideas or character hacks or what have u, anything that can accomplish this before i start WotR. Thanks! :)

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Dead characters: In your "current" save, move over any important items the character has acquired recently, then drop them from your party. Save. Then reload an older save where they're alive. Drop them, but don't save. Load your new/current save back up, and re-add the character to your party. The result should be that you get a slightly older and less experienced version of the formerly-dead character.

in balkazars caves there should be a resurrection room, if you did the quests there, so you should be able to go there and rez dead party members.

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
in balkazars caves there should be a resurrection room, if you did the quests there, so you should be able to go there and rez dead party members.

Thanks VentilatorOfDoom ! Can you explain the quoted text u posted more? Do I do that in Dark Sun 1 or 2? Hopefully that applies to Dark Sun 1 because I don't have a previous save in Dark Sun 2 to go back to...

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

Thanks VentilatorOfDoom ! Can you explain the quoted text u posted more? Do I do that in Dark Sun 1 or 2? Hopefully that applies to Dark Sun 1 because I don't have a previous save in Dark Sun 2 to go back to...
Balkazar is the enemy boss in the wyrm area (that area with the magera slaves). It's in Shattered Lands.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom