Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Chapter 4 is House tier, completely kills any desire to replay the game, especially since everything up to 4 is pretty damn good

Since more people have finished the game by now, what were your thoughts on...
The whole plot point about your soul being intertwined with that of Areelu's son? Felt it came out of nowhere and I personally didn't care too much about Areelu's plight or fate either, so that made the ending feel quite underwhelming.

Peak meh, even moreseo when they loop it into
you becoming a god so powerful you can challenge pharasma in the super secret ending

The entire "secret" ending seems like a massive cop out by Owlcat Games, to be honest. Basically, they were afraid people would bitch and moan that their path doesn't have a "100% perfect golden ending" which is why they slapped on the "secret ending" onto everyone. It's also the reason why Aeon's "true ending" seems to be the most special/unique - because it is. Literally no other path has anything even similar.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
On core difficulty there are some incredibly satisfying encounters in this. I just beat the dragon with the dwarf assassin part. Nice touch, having the CYOA text part lead into that, with a lot of skill checks to determine where you start, injury level etc. Moments like this make me wonder how anyone can write this game off.
The best part about that entire area is that the three random plants in the basement are way more dangerous than the dragon...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Man, lich spell are awesome. Playing as a heavy armored melee sucks for battlefield casting but I usually cast before or after battle. devouring power from the dead is really powerful.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Day 3. Mindless favor farming on bank character in ddo is still more preferable than walking that retarded demon city...

Werdnicus

Learned
On core difficulty there are some incredibly satisfying encounters in this. I just beat the dragon with the dwarf assassin part. Nice touch, having the CYOA text part lead into that, with a lot of skill checks to determine where you start, injury level etc. Moments like this make me wonder how anyone can write this game off.
Usually it's a pathological need to fit in

Usually it's people throwing in the towel in because the game is too difficult for them, then coping by saying "I-its a tranny game anyway!!!!"

Many such cases.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The best part about that entire area is that the three random plants in the basement are way more dangerous than the dragon...

That's mostly because the game actually teaches you what the dragon does. It does not teach you about the horrors of walking plants before you step into that patch of pain.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Hey, they are not even that scary. Yes, they instagibbed Lann before i even understood something is wrong but it's only because he's retardmonk and runs fast.

Delterius

Arcane
Chapter 4 is House tier, completely kills any desire to replay the game, especially since everything up to 4 is pretty damn good

Since more people have finished the game by now, what were your thoughts on...
The whole plot point about your soul being intertwined with that of Areelu's son? Felt it came out of nowhere and I personally didn't care too much about Areelu's plight or fate either, so that made the ending feel quite underwhelming.

Peak meh, even moreseo when they loop it into
you becoming a god so powerful you can challenge pharasma in the super secret ending

The entire "secret" ending seems like a massive cop out by Owlcat Games, to be honest. Basically, they were afraid people would bitch and moan that their path doesn't have a "100% perfect golden ending" which is why they slapped on the "secret ending" onto everyone. It's also the reason why Aeon's "true ending" seems to be the most special/unique - because it is. Literally no other path has anything even similar.
It's also kinda dumb from an in-universe point of view. Pharasma isn't just another God. She's the closest thing to a creator figure of this universe. Paizo said something along the lines of 'if iomedae is all the grains of sand in a beach, sarenrae is all the grains of sand on the planet and pharasma is all the grains of sand in the universe'. I thought that Kingmaker's secret ending was a bit too perfect, but Righteous' feels unsatisfying. Much prefer to be a demigod fucking around the planes than this infinite cosmic force that doesn't do anything, tbh.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Finished repelling the demon attack on tavern. It turns out everyone except wenduag is useless. Wendy is just sniping and kiting everyone with her longbow, no one can catch up to her. And this was like the third or fourth time I avoided a party wipe thanks to her. My tank, the sassy hoe, can hold the enemies for max a minute while camilla melts like butter. My mage can do some damage but its nothing compared to wendy.
Oh, you are playing wizard. I see you are a man of culture as well. Good luck, I found chapters 1 and 2 extra tough with a Wizard compared to my current Melee Cavalier.
At this precise moment, I'd like to state that Owlcat have probably gone pretty saddistic. I am apparently not the only one who has picked the Grenadier Alchemist thinking that "Oh what fun it was with Jubilost" only to find out that DR 10 against fire, acid, cold and IMMUNITY TO SHOCK means 90% creatures until like lvl 6 :argh: Most of the other companions until that moment have been highly fun and lore-friendly but also horrendously damage-shy (except Lann, yay Lann, you did it you wonderfu mongrel, mongrel did it, yay Lan you really are awsome, you did it again!).

After that, the Mythic Hero power "Your chosen energy type cannot be resisted by usual DR mechanics" was quite nice, true. But I don't think it came soon enough, my beard is white now.

Shadenuat

Arcane
The whole chapter 5 should have been the smallest chapter in the game, but everything there should have depended on your mythic. The Mythic Chapter. The Ch6 just an epilogue and some final dungeon crawleng.

Endings should have been fine tuned for mythics and choices inside them. If there is some Best Endeng for any mythic TM it's dum.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's totally legit stats btw https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/demon-cambion/
As a wizard supremacist I am obviously disgusted; but in particular that this stuff (mag resists) does not depend on difficulty. Like k I will use something else, but noobs don't deserve to hate on my favorite classes so much.

But my most amusing thing in tutorial are Monstrous Humanoid Elves (it's so they could never be Slept regardless of your sorcerer bloodline, you see).

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
They're not, just some ac and hp. Unless you put difficulty on high and get some nice scimitar and bow crits. Turn off "extra monsters" and it would probably be ok.

It's for people who wanted to pick their arcanist or elemental witch (new classes, try them, they're fun!) they're p lulzy.

And yes for people who think PnP is mega balanced. Here's 10 10 10 immun immun SR13 cr2 bro.

Salvo

Arcane
They're not, just some ac and hp. Unless you put difficulty on high and get some nice scimitar and bow crits.

It's for people who wanted to pick their arcanist or elemental witch (new classes, try them, they're fun!) they're p lulzy.

And yes for people who think PnP is mega balanced. Here's 10 10 10 immun immun cr2 bro.
I cast fist

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
*snicker* If you don't pick Lann or Wenduag, that Gargoyle ambush is a pretty strong filter, because you need to beat like anywhere from 6 to 8 of them alone.

I don't know what those streamers are playing, but if you don't play with an animal companion, your run will be pretty short. :P

Salvo

Arcane
*snicker* If you don't pick Lann or Wenduag, that Gargoyle ambush is a pretty strong filter, because you need to beat like anywhere from 6 to 8 of them alone.

I don't know what those streamers are playing, but if you don't play with an animal companion, your run will be pretty short. :P
Can you go without picking either of the two? Never seen the option

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom