Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
'Greetings traveler. My name is Insert Name & I have traveled far from my homeland of Insert Location in search of adventure. I grew weary of generic backstory & decided to leave it all behind... ''

purupuru

Learned
Does anyone know if the "enemy behavior" option in difficulty setting actually does anything? I have some possible candidates:
The big treant in Wintersun using overrun
The incubus in Blackwater using hide in plain sight
Can somebody confirm whether they do that without this option turned on?

Technomancer

Liturgist
but increasing a ray's critical damage multiple and reaching 15-20
Could also take levels in archer magus and deliver ranged spells through crossbows instead. They have 19-20 crit range, rays crit on 20. Or some ranged unique that has base 18–20. And magus has some synergy with trickster anyway since he has wand-specific talents.

Don't know how that item boosting thing works for tricksters, says it adds new magic effects on identified weapons. Does that include random chance for "lethal" modifier?

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

Does anyone know if the "enemy behavior" option in difficulty setting actually does anything? I have some possible candidates:
The big treant in Wintersun using overrun
The incubus in Blackwater using hide in plain sight
Can somebody confirm whether they do that without this option turned on?

Seems like it just gets AI to rush the backline if they get a chance. Otherwise, I don't really notice anything on RTWP. Maybe on TB it's different. But I don't know why you'd want to play TB on for anything but a handful of fights.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
brzfVt5.jpg

Taking Spell Penetration at 1st level. Classic blunder.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Aight niglorinoes

I'm at the end of Act 4 the shitty demon city, and I honestly think about restarting to play a Lich or a Demon path instead of Paladin Angel.
It's starting to bore me to tears, and melee chars just doesnt do it for me. I got 2 pally 1 fighter setup.

Is lich fun? Is i good? What are some crazy good Lich builds that build on the necromancer fantasy? Sorc right? Wizard? I guess either of those two.. what about subclasses? Party composition? I wanna build an all undead team to take advantage of negative energy and shit like that.

To my understanding, Lich has fairly good C&C and unique dialogue and stuff..

The only bad thing is the "Evil" reponses are laughably dumb and stupid, therse no middle ground, u cant play a "good" lich, even lawful evil

Lastly, I HATE kingdom management, and I've read that putting kiungdom mangement on auto kind of bugs the Lich mythi path progressions, because the AI doesnt build you the correct structures... the fuck owlcat. fix ur game neggas

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In

I thought about that, trust me. "Why sould I take a feat at level 1 that improves my ability to bypass enemies' spell resistance when I won't be encountering any foes that even have spell resistance for at least three or four more levels?"

1) I'm LARPing it as part of intense preparatory arcane research at a wizard school

2) It was a bonus wizard feat

3) I'm p. sure this is a game about fighting demons and devils, so...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yay, finally cleared Act 1 with my Sohei.

The only question now is whether to stick to my plan to multi Crusader -> Angel (with a 3 level Gendarme dip for tempo 3 bonus feats and further charge upgrade) or maybe give in to Aeon awesomeness....
Decisions, decisions.

On the downside, I'm not using charge anywhere near as much as I hoped... (of course charging with a large sized mount is still very buggy).

Last edited:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

I thought about that, trust me. "Why sould I take a feat at level 1 that improves my ability to bypass enemies' spell resistance when I won't be encountering any foes that even have spell resistance for at least three or four more levels?"

1) I'm LARPing it as part of intense preparatory arcane research at a wizard school

Larping is acceptable. Carry on.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Fuck you and your 21 daggers you fukkin' angel punks!

Army fighting is annoying. That fire spell is a beast. nice for you, but it ruins everything with the enemy has it. LMAO

The puzzle with the angel place had some good ph@t lewt including 50k gold. Dissapointed I didn't get an epic level out of it, though.

That undead knight guy is a cheat. Still, kill him.

Kingdom management is ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................

Codex Year of the Donut

2) It was a bonus wizard feat

3) I'm p. sure this is a game about fighting demons and devils, so...
hope you set it on the lowest difficulty, this game is for munchkins

Percy

Cipher
Trickster Improved/Improved Critical range of feats stay with you and your companions if you switch to Legend or Swarm in my save (Gonna do a run of each mythic path from Chapter 5)
You lose everything else.
Not 100% sure if bug, but it would be difficult to handle this retroactively.

Parabalus

Arcane
Trickster Improved/Improved Critical range of feats stay with you and your companions if you switch to Legend or Swarm in my save (Gonna do a run of each mythic path from Chapter 5)
You lose everything else.
Not 100% sure if bug, but it would be difficult to handle this retroactively.

They also stay if you respec the MC, World 3 too.

jac8awol

Arbiter
In act 1 I had to kick Lann out because it felt like cheating, his archery was too damn good. Now things are getting a bit tougher and Aru is also super deadly with a bow but I feel justified in keeping her around (also for boobs). Apart from that, I only have one character that can hit anything, a bloodrager mercenary that I like more than my gay angel armored arcanist main character.

Lil bro Reggie is alright in support melee. I'm only in act 2, not sure if it gets better but not really loving the companions. Character writing-wise and utility-wise. One of the weaker aspects of the game I reckon.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
You give Regill all the Dual Wield feats you can and watch him win the Crusade by himself. It's really not hard.

I willl say: At least they built the companions in a way that's actually useful this time around.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You give Regill all the Dual Wield feats you can and watch him win the Crusade by himself. It's really not hard.

I willl say: At least they built the companions in a way that's actually useful this time around.

Yeah, most of them are decently optimised out the box this time around.

Very few odd ability distribution choices or the like.

jac8awol

Arbiter

Ah right, I went gnome hooked hammer route with him once I found that axiomatic one, he's a decent demon slayer if a bit squishy. I'll try dual wield next playthrough.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

Ah right, I went gnome hooked hammer route with him once I found that axiomatic one, he's a decent demon slayer if a bit squishy. I'll try dual wield next playthrough.

The hooked hammer IS a dual wield weapon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom