Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Shin Megami Tensei V - It's been hurting my OCD.

Sentinel

Arcane
Vile Baphomet: A goat-headed demon who presides over black masses. When the Knights Templar were accused of idolatry, they were said to have dedicated themselves to a demon god of this name, and later became an object of worship by witches.

Sentinel

Arcane
Deity Mitra: A god of contracts of Ancient Persia. A high-ranking god who is both a god of battle and a sun god. He is in charge of harmony and truth throughout the world, and judges and punishes all of the malevolent ones who attempt to disrupt them.

Sentinel

Arcane
Yoma Koppa Tengu: A member of the tengu. Because its spiritual powers are inferior to that of other tengu, it has a short stature. It is said that they are born in incarnation from long-lived wolves, and gain the same form as Karasu Tengu after transforming.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wargod Siegfried: A hero that appears in the German epic poem "Nibelungenlied." He possessed an immortal body, but got caught up in a fight between his wife and a queen and had his life threatened. Through a clever trick, the vital point on his back was pierced and he passed away.

Sentinel

Arcane
Fairy Kelpie: A waterfront fairy mentioned in Scottish folklore. On one hand, it has a frightening side in which it drowns those it lures, but if if one is able to make it obedient, it will loyally work as a fantastic, swift horse.

Sentinel

Arcane
Fury Chernobog: A god who governs night, evil, and death in Slavic mythology. His name means "black god." He brings misfortune upon people, and the curse "may the black god kill you" remains to this day.

Sentinel

Arcane
Fury Dionysus: The god of wine and theater in Greek myth. He was originally a god of life who guarded the mountain range in Thrace. He sighted a grapevine, and passed on its cultivation and the production of wine to humans.

Sentinel

Arcane
Kishin Zouchouten: A guardian deity of Buddhism and one of the Four Heavenly Kings. The Eight Legions are in his clan, receives orders from Taishakuten, and guards the South. He is a god of the fertility of the Five Grains, involved in the nurturing of all things.

Sentinel

Arcane
Megami Lakshmi: The goddess of beauty and good fortune in Indian mythology. Her face and figure embodies the ideal female image, and she is incredibly beautiful. She is also known as a seductive dancer and has charmed many gods.

Sentinel

Arcane
Deity Baal: A fertility god worshipped for a long period of time as a chief deity by the West Semites. His name means "lord" in Ancient Semitic. One theory states that Beelzebub and Belphegor are demons who were derived from Baal.

Sentinel

Arcane
Fallen Ose: One of the 72 demons of the Lesser Key of Solomon. His appears as a half-man, half-beast, and can change his summoner's appearance to any form they desire, but this only lasts for a short period of time.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
The "I Blight your whole party"-boy is next.

Didn't expect him to come back.

:shredder:

Duraframe300

Arcane
Gotta say, I don't really get the rational about *Make a video for every single demon*. That just seems like an awful lot of work that's watched by a comparatively low amount of people who are probably the same people every-time to begin with.

Seems incredibly inefficient from a marketing standpoint.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Gotta say, I don't really get the rational about *Make a video for every single demon*. That just seems like an awful lot of work that's watched by a comparatively low amount of people who are probably the same people every-time to begin with.

Also makes no sense since this isn't pokemon.
Old fans want to see dungeons and difficult bosses,which this isn't.
New fans want edgy persona stories,which this isn't.
Kinda makes me think the people making the game have no idea what they are doing if "people play smt for da demons" is their mindset.
But that would explain the lack of dungeons.

Vorark

Erudite
Marketing dept probably thought these videos would help to maintain public awareness by being shared through gaming forums and the likes. Considering this thread is usually bumped when a new one comes out, they might even be right.

d1r

Patron

Kinda makes me think the people making the game have no idea what they are doing if "people play smt for da demons" is their mindset.

Could you shut up about the dungeons already? There have been videos posted time and time again about interior locations that well be could be dungeons (00:22) just like this one:

flyingjohn

Arcane

Could you shut up about the dungeons already? There have been videos posted time and time again about interior locations that well be could be dungeons (00:22) just like this one:

You using could be is exactly proving my point.

d1r

Patron

You using could be is exactly proving my point.

Well, let me say then that it certainly looks like a dungeon.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Marketing dept probably thought these videos would help to maintain public awareness by being shared through gaming forums and the likes. Considering this thread is usually bumped when a new one comes out, they might even be right.

The problem is it gets shared among the same people (View numbers also seem to indicate that). Anyone who's taking the time to watch this was probably going to buy the game anyway.

For the amount of effort you put in producing all of this you want to expand your audience, not just satisfy an audience that's already satisfied at this point. (Not that engagement isn't important, but having to make and edit 100+ videos, however short just seems too much.)

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Less talk and more penis monsters! I wish to see if the almighty Mara would instantly generate outrage by the woke crowd, as it is very likely it would happen.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Less talk and more penis monsters! I wish to see if the almighty Mara would instantly generate outrage by the woke crowd, as it is very likely it would happen.
Oh sweet summer child

You probably missed all the discussions by the woke crowd about Mara's gender already. Probably an icon more than anything.

:negative:

lightbane

Arcane
You probably missed all the discussions by the woke crowd about Mara's gender already. Probably an icon more than anything.

Wait what?
Don't tell me some retards attempted to rationalize Mara IS NOT male. It's literally impossible to be otherwise.

Sentinel

Arcane
Jaki Macabre: An evil spirit with the name and appearance of the Grim Reaper that appeared in religious dramas of medieval Europe. It is an evil spirit that possesses powerful magic which leads humans to death in an instant, and wears black clothes painted with a white skeleton while wielding a long-handled scythe used for reaping the souls of humans.

Sentinel

Arcane
Wargod Ganesha: An elephant-headed god of Indian mythology. Parvati created him from dirt, but he was suddenly decapitated by Shiva. The remains were given the first elephant head he could find as a replacement, resulting in his present form.

d1r

Patron
Jaki Macabre: An evil spirit with the name and appearance of the Grim Reaper that appeared in religious dramas of medieval Europe. It is an evil spirit that possesses powerful magic which leads humans to death in an instant, and wears black clothes painted with a white skeleton while wielding a long-handled scythe used for reaping the souls of humans.

Shockingly enough, there is no Blight skill in sight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom