Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BG3 vs WOTR

eli

Learned
since we got expirenced in both games in your opinion which one is more appealing to the defective mindset of the average zoomer? address in your arguments your writing, gameplay or voice acting perspectives on the issue at hand.

ㅤㅤㅤ

Learned
This topic is relevant to my interests. I have been on the fence of getting into either since it was a long time for me since playing any big RPG. Which one is less slathered in current year American politics and general cringe of our times? Due to not wanting to spoil myself I have not looked very heavily into either game, I'm only aware of there being Bioware influences in both of them, goblin foot fetish material in BG3, general homosexuality in Owlcat's games. Who is the winner of this international special Olympics competition and which game of the two, if any, is relatively playable?

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Being not disabled, having regular reflexes and not owning a console I don't think I could enjoy BG3 turn based gameplay. But I wish BG3 and the crowd who likes it the best, it was time their special needs were taken in account.

DeepOcean

Arcane
BG 3 is more polished but dumbdown in favor of people with special needs (gaming journalists), WotR is more janky on a eurojank style, the writing on both is awful, you definitily dont play them for quality writing. One has Astarion the gay vampire, the other Sosiel, the gay cleric. Both are early access games depite WotR insisting it isnt.

Both are shit but if you like to power game and annoy the hell out of codexian autists with 1 level monk dip builds, WotR has a decent selection of classes to play with so it is slightly better on the end. I dont advise actually paying full price for woke garbage or be an unpaid beta tester though, grab the Jack Sparrow version when WotR comes out of Early Access by 2022. If you are truly sorry of those gay russians and feel too guilty of riding the seas on the black flag, throw some beer money at them, at best, to discount for the awful writing and unfinished features on the next steam sale.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
I'd need to finish both to pass my opinion judging WOTR by the first chapter would be kinda misleading since encounters never top the Inn defense from the beginning of the game, but on the flipside writing never gets as shitty as the first few hours. It's still mostly bad up until the end but not that bad. Shame that both of these won't be able to compete for Codex GOTY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom