Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Wreck - post-apocalyptic space RPG inspired by Fallout

Wunderbar

Arcane
The dark glow/shadow under "what the heck are you doing" message looks pretty bad and out of place.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Valid question - wouldn't people object if some random dude just straight up whips out a circular power saw and starts demolishing the very thin layer between them and the void?

Correct answer is - yes, they probably would.

I like your style and UI a lot! Nothing beats an artistic play on the old Volkov\Norton interfaces with dithered compressed images when it comes to true nostalgia, plus it looks functional as well. And I just have to ask, with the spaceship being called Sprīdītis and you having Loja as your city... Fellow Latvian gamedev? Could this be? :O

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I like your style and UI a lot! Nothing beats an artistic play on the old Volkov\Norton interfaces with dithered compressed images when it comes to true nostalgia, plus it looks functional as well. And I just have to ask, with the spaceship being called Sprīdītis and you having Loja as your city... Fellow Latvian gamedev? Could this be? :O

Thanks! And yes, we are Latvian developers, indeed. And judging by the question, I presume - you as well? :D

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

Thanks! And yes, we are Latvian developers, indeed. And judging by the question, I presume - you as well? :D
Here is picture I shot this year's Līgo day, may it say more than a 10000 words!! :------D
upload_2021-9-12_16-48-4.png
Though most of us are based in Ukraine and Russia.
Got myself your demo to hopefully play during this century unless I croak and wishlisted, gonna watch you guys closely from now on! Shame I don't click on random codex posts more often, since they contain such interesting stuff at times. CHEERS!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Here is picture I shot this year's Līgo day, may it say more than a 10000 words!! :------D
Though most of us are based in Ukraine and Russia.
Got myself your demo to hopefully play during this century unless I croak and wishlisted, gonna watch you guys closely from now on! Shame I don't click on random codex posts more often, since they contain such interesting stuff at times. CHEERS!
А наздраве брате,да сте живи и здави за много години и много готини игрички да направите. Изглежда че баш ваща игричка че ме прекара през трудни времена :).

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
SW-cutter-saw-Endrew-approves.gif

This whole "cut-the-floor" thing is actually more complicated.

Bystanders won't intervene (though may still feel uneasy) of you cutting the ship's hull in their presence IF you have a bit of CHARM and few ranks in tinker - essentially if you look like someone who knows what he/she is doing. That and, of course, general standing with the faction - if you are on thin ice with this group already, no amount of charisma or professionalism will help you.

V_K

Arcane
Wait, so is this game about salvaging some spare ship parts from a nearby wreck or about being a murderous psychopath methodically decimating passengers and crew of perfectly intact ships? Because all the recent updates seem to be pointing to the latter...

0wca

Learned

Don't think I've seen many Latvian publishers, but if you guys play your cards right, you might make a mark in the RPG genre. So far you got a good demo and are adding all kinds of cool shit. Stay focused and stay the course, this could be the new Underrail. \m/

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Damn, too many rpgs being released at once. At least this one is good.

That punchline :)

Don't think I've seen many Latvian publishers, but if you guys play your cards right, you might make a mark in the RPG genre. So far you got a good demo and are adding all kinds of cool shit. Stay focused and stay the course, this could be the new Underrail. \m/

Thanks for the confidence vote!

This looks very soulful. Any plans to publish on Gog? I'd prefer to not use Steam.

Thanks! We are planning to use itch.io and Steam, so I hope the itch version will do. There's already demo there - https://kamazs.itch.io/space-wreck

We reached out to GOG (twice, in fact) and while they've been nice and polite, we are not, de facto invited. Probably because the game is too short.

gothfox

Liturgist
We reached out to GOG (twice, in fact) and while they've been nice and polite, we are not, de facto invited. Probably because the game is too short.

I see. I should've clarified I meant the full version. I suppose it's not going to be a problem then. :)

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Last edited by a moderator:

Major Seven

Educated
Patron
Anyway, someone created a community wishlist entry for Space Wreck so please guys, give this a "+" if you're using gog.com:

Space Wreck on gog.com

Thanks, but uh, I think this is about a different game, Space Wrecked. With a d.

https://www.old-games.com/download/4063/space-wrecked

I only learned about this one myself recently. Very similar title.

Sorry, wrong link in my previous post, here's the correct one:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/space_wreck

Last edited by a moderator:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I played your demo a few days ago!
There are some typos you probably already fixed in newer builds, and I experienced a perceived lack of sound. Like, you know, my brain is wired to "if I push a dialogue option I get a click sound, if I roll dice I get a rolling sound" and the lack of those minor sound cues just feels somewhat wrong to me, makes me perceive the interface as flat. I died rather quickly so I didn't get far, but from what I did experience, I just loved everything! I don't know if I can express this right, but it has this hand-made homely feel. The color palette, the way the images are compressed with those tiny dots like when you compress a gif with dithering turned on, the way your sprites are drawn. Playing your demo vs playing an AA game or even a more or less polished top tier indie game is like having a handmade knife vs having a ColdSteel Edgyboy XMX18. The Edgyboy prolly cuts better and won't break on you, but the homebrew stuff can be traced back to the tree you used to get the bark for the handle and to the railroad spike you hammered into a blade, which is precious and priceless. Last time I felt this way was when I discovered Spiderweb's Geneforge, I really miss playing games like that and I will most assuredly buy it when you release it. I really wish you complete it!

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I played your demo a few days ago!
There are some typos you probably already fixed in newer builds, and I experienced a perceived lack of sound. Like, you know, my brain is wired to "if I push a dialogue option I get a click sound, if I roll dice I get a rolling sound" and the lack of those minor sound cues just feels somewhat wrong to me, makes me perceive the interface as flat.

Yes, that's a very good point. Some of this is already improved but definitely more sound to UI is necessary. Thanks!

I don't know if I can express this right, but it has this hand-made homely feel.
:D well, it IS a homebrew adaptation of many Fallout ideas. I am glad it was not offputting.

But, oh boy, you should've seen the first version. An absolute homebrew -

charsheet.jpg

I really wish you complete it!
Me too!

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This looks very soulful. Any plans to publish on Gog? I'd prefer to not use Steam.

Yeah, Steam is freaking dangerous.

This year I resurrected my Steam account (used it only for Rome 2: Total War before) to basically buy 4 rpgs that were not on GOG.

Three months later I had 101 new games on my account and a drained credit card.

Fuck Steam!

0wca

Learned
I know this is an annoying question to answer, but do you have any sort of estimation on how far along you are with the game? Are you still coming up with new locations, are you polishing a somewhat finished game, or something in between? Not trying to burden you with a release date but I'm just trying to figure out how far along the game is (in broad terms).

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
I know this is an annoying question to answer, but do you have any sort of estimation on how far along you are with the game? Are you still coming up with new locations, are you polishing a somewhat finished game, or something in between? Not trying to burden you with a release date but I'm just trying to figure out how far along the game is (in broad terms).
FULL DISCLAIMER - things change all the time, so everything I say must be taken with a grain of salt. I don't want to make any new promises.

Currently, we are tying up the loose ends. We are not adding new [major] locations, more like fleshing out / adapting existing ones. The last Steam update is still pretty correct:
[..]rework the existing content more in line with the list of improvements discovered from the demo.

The plan is - once that is done, start more intensive testing. At some point, I will gradually invite a limited number of people to "closed BETA". And then we'll see from there.

That is the plan but - again - my plans change twice per day, so it may turn out different.

Last edited:

0wca

Learned
FULL DISCLAIMER - things change all the time, so everything I say must be taken with a grain of salt. I don't want to make any new promises.

Currently, we are tying up the loose ends. We are not adding new [major] locations, more like fleshing out / adapting existing ones. The last Steam update is still pretty correct:
[..]rework the existing content more in line with the list of improvements discovered from the demo.

The plan is - once that is done, start more intensive testing. At some point, I will gradually invite a limited number of people to "closed BETA". And then we'll see from there.

That is the plan but - again - my plans change twice per day, so it may turn out different.

Thx. And I definitely volunteer as a beta tester if you need one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom