Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Reinhardt

Arcane
Glad to see modders keep working

436-1630339924-5952208.png

CoronerZg

Augur
Nice mods, indeed. Jurchen army is scary as fuck. Unfortunately they are full of bugs atm... ctd, immortal enemies and shit.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Nah, legends is still bloated mess. Typical "modders gonna mod" shit.

If you take your time to read what's inside and played vanilla before, you can choose what to pick, the only things making it into a bloated mess are armors layers and legendary difficulty, everything else is just QoL or adds depth and replay value to the game.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Tigranes Playing BB without Legends is like playing ToEE without Temple+

Correct me if I'm wrong (I didn't play it extensively), but the Legends featurelist is all about setting up a much larger (up to 27) party of far more individualised and powerful bros (unique recruits, dozens of new perks) then set them up against equally individualised and powerful legendary enemies and locations.

That can obviously be fun, but it also is a significant departure from BB's original philosophy. It's a different beast in many ways. Hence, I have nothing against Legends, but I'd never say it's a "must have mod" and similarly, new players should enjoy the base game before deciding for themselves.

I have played this game regularly since it came out and I never used a mod. Never felt it was needed except maybe to renew the events and dilemmas.
But now I'm curious, what would be those "must have mods" ?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I have played this game regularly since it came out and I never used a mod. Never felt it was needed except maybe to renew the events and dilemmas.
But now I'm curious, what would be those "must have mods" ?

Quicker
or any Faster mod to make combat quicker and add a 4x speed on the worldmap.
End's inventory management
Turn it in (included in Legends) to avoid backtracking for some quests (like killing orcs on the other side of the worldmap)

Content mods:
More ambitions is quite nice too, many new origins mods are worth trying if you're not using Legends.

Edit: Two advices
- Don't play on Legendary difficulty on your first Legends playthrough or even not at all, enemies just have more HP and additional perks like nimble, it's autistic.
- Uncheck layered armors on your first playthrough

I don't like layered armors at all, mostly, it adds a lot of micro-management, you carry more shit around in your inventory and the results were ugly last time i played with it.

Check other options carefully, most of them are no brainers but be careful about equipment scaling as it'll increase the difficulty, sometimes, even increase it a lot sending some death-stars at you every 50 days or so, I kind of like it but it's not for everyone, better be ready for it.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'd Add PTR (perk tree reworked), they have a specific discord channel (again! :argh:) for their latest build for those who already experienced Legends and want even more perks variety, it's pretty good.

I'm now playing Poke Brothers!
Hexe origin from Magic origin mod and i'm working my way up by brainwashing anything that comes my way, starting from raiders and working my way up the food chain (basic brigand, brigand raider, goblin ambusher, goblin ambusher champion, ...)

You start with a versatile bard, your hexe main char and ...

An Alp!

This thing is overpowered, a free teleport spell (0AP, 0 fatigue) and a 3 AP sleep on top of the nightmare attack (4AP)

Not only it's fun but the sound effect playing when it's his turn is just amazing (talking about immersion, that's just it)

Found a solitary Stolwurm (Legendary Lindwurm) and tried to charm him but the chances for this particularly monster are capped at 5% and putting him to sleep proved difficult as his tail is independent and he's quite resistant so i had to flee, such a shame, i don't think i'll get this opportunity anytime soon.

Fortunately, 4 white Unholds attacked my party later and i can proudly show off with my Yeti familiar.

Old One

Arcane
I've had some fun with the Random Solo start from Legends. Of course you have to scum your mapgen so you get a good avatar character, but you can end up with some interesting results. I'm currently playing with a Vala, for instance.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I've had some fun with the Random Solo start from Legends. Of course you have to scum your mapgen so you get a good avatar character, but you can end up with some interesting results. I'm currently playing with a Vala, for instance.

The Vala has x% chances to join you when you spend some time in the 20/30% upper-side of the map anyway...
And there's a Legends submod that makes it 100%.

I never had the patience to use the random party, the custom mage party was great even if overpowered and all mages parties are just very good.

Meanwhile, my Hexe met a Champion Barbarian King and brainwashed him, of course...

BB-King-in-the-north.jpg

You can't see it but there's a lot of non champion chosen on top of this, good fight or should i say good nap because the champions barely attacked.
The king had a great sleep resistance due to an insane resolve but still...

By the way, Old One , the sixth character from the left below is my Vala, she joined as soon as i got close to the snow line.

BB-King-in-the-flesh.jpg

And here are the Champion King attributes at level 1!

Pfff, i can't charm new hexes, Coven leaders are immune, even the regular ones are immune, well, i'll never be part of a coven, after all...

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Have women been added to the game yet?

Legends mod has an option to enable sisters, either you disable them, you enable them for specific background (the option i pick) or for every background.
I find this latest option weird, for example, legends has adventurous noble (man) and adventurous lady, with sisters fully enabled, adventurous men could be women, or hedge knights, doesn't work for me.

I tried a Random Trio start and I got a Conjurer and a Skelemancer.

Summons sucks, it slows down the combat too much to have weak summons, i played a warlock once or twice back when it was included in legend's adventurer's party.
And mages from magic origins >>>>>>>>>>> conjurer/seer, unless conjurer is one of these new mages, i don't remember their names.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom