Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime CRPG Book - Call for reviews

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hi everyone, as some of you might know, I'm making an updated version of the CRPG Book, adding some stuff like articles on Chinese, Korean and French RPGs, new games from 2016-2019 and RPGs that I missed in the first version.

A lot of people here already kindly helped with the previous version and this update. It's now about 70% done, so I'm doing a final push to get reviews for these games:

1 PAGE
- Adventure Construction Set - Daemongar
- DONE - Omega - Deuce Traveler
- DONE - BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception - Deuce Traveler
- DONE - Crypt of the NecroDancer - Red Hexapus
- DONE - Cultist Simulator
- DONE - Outward
- DONE - Torment: Tides of Numanuma
- DONE - West of Loathing
- DONE - Salt & Sanctuary - Abu Antar

2 PAGES
- DONE - SpellForce 1-3 series overlook - Lacrymas
- DONE - Nioh 1 & 2 series overlook
- DONE - Expeditions: Vikings / Conquistador - Darth Canoli
- Battle Brothers - Jedi Master Radek
- DONE - ELEX
- DONE - Kenshi - TT1

Anyone wants to help with any of those?

Each review is about 400 words long (for 1 page reviews) and 900 words long (for 2 page reviews). There's no strict guidelines, just make sure the reader understand how the game plays and what's special about it. Also, please don't be a fanboy.

Deadline would be around 3-4 weeks, I'm aiming to finish this by the end of the year - or at least early 2022.

If you're interested, please comment bellow or PM me. Cheers!

Last edited:

Tihskael

Learned
Hit me up if you want me to write a review on Game of the last decade- TES Adventures: Redguard.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
- SpellForce 1-3 series overlook
Paging Lacrymas (and also for any card-based games)
I could do it, but I've only finished Spellforce 1. 900 words for 3 games as diverse as the Spellforce series is imo not enough. I spent ~7k on the base Spellforce 1 alone. felipepepe what exactly do you want in terms of content, i.e. what should the article talk about?
It's basically "what's this game and why it matters". I know it's a very short word count, but the book has over 400 games...

As example, here's the articles on the Gold Box, Arkania and Risen series:

2PzOi5o.jpg

P9uvZda.jpg

UfNp3kc.jpg

If you think it's better, we can do one big review for SpellForce 1+2 then another for SpellForce 3, but one review per game would be too much.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Spellforce 1+2 as a single review also doesn't make much sense due to how different they are. They aren't like the Gold Box games where each one is mechanically the same as all the rest and only the campaign changes. I'll read through the Gold Box, Arkania, and Risen reviews later and see if I can come up with something similar for Spellforce and how it could be structured.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I could write something about Battle Brothers or Vikings, whichever is needed the most, Vikings would take more time since i'd have to fire it up again to refresh my memory a little.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I could do West of Loathing. Been meaning to replay it anyway, and this'd be a good occasion. I'll respect seniority if someone else steps up, though.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I could write something about Battle Brothers or Vikings, whichever is needed the most, Vikings would take more time since i'd have to fire it up again to refresh my memory a little.
Would be much appreciated, but did you also play Conquistador?

I could do West of Loathing. Been meaning to replay it anyway, and this'd be a good occasion. I'll respect seniority if someone else steps up, though.
I should clarify, I'm looking for someone who also played Kingdom of Loathing, since it's based in the same world.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I should clarify, I'm looking for someone who also played Kingdom of Loathing, since it's based in the same world.
Does playing it 15 years ago count?
Because that's when I last played it, but iirc aside from artystle and humor, they aren't really related. I didn't even know they were set in the same world.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Because that's when I last played it, but iirc aside from artystle and humor, they aren't really related. I didn't even know they were set in the same world.
Sure, that's the kind of insight that's important. I never played KoL, so I have no idea about how similar they are besides what wikipedia says.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Sure, that's the kind of insight that's important. I never played KoL, so I have no idea about how similar they are besides what wikipedia says.
Afaik it's been constantly patched during all those years though, so I wouldn't feel confident speaking about its current state. For all I know they overhauled the combat engine and rpg mechanics five times since I played it.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
If you are going to add The Technomancer at some point in the future then I might be up for writing a review for it as well. My bad if I missed it in the book

Arbaces

Novice
I'm curious, did you run into any blobbers while researching the article on Chinese games? I've been thinking about refreshing my skills with that language, and playing some RPGs seems like a fun way to practice reading and get some use out of my dictionary. I have an English copy of Seal of Evil somewhere, but I doubt it includes the Chinese language version. 决战朝鲜 sounds like an interesting strategy game that I'll have to check out, but I'll probably start with 阿貓阿狗 Tun Town since it's more on my reading level.

谢谢你!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Anyway felipepepe please remove me from west of loathing review for now. I might agree to do it at a later point, but if someone else wants it I'd prefer they did it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom