Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moonspeak Tokyo Game Show 2021: ON NOW! Events 9/30 to 10/3 (+ Nintendo on 10/5)

deuxhero

Arcane
Tokyo Game Show 2021 is in less than a week now now ongoing, so I figured we should have a thread for it. Given all shows anyone would care about are already confirmed to have VIDEO GAMES (none of the shit Take Two pulled), even if they aren't good video games, it's 99% likely to be better than E3 was.

Nintendo Direct that's effectively part of it already happened.

Main Schedule:
https://tgs.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2021/en/contents/program.html
Official playlist with all streams

Konami's lineup
https://www.konami.com/games/event/tgs/?lang=en
Square Enix lineup (Contains pretty much nothing, only possible interest in Dragon Quest X Offline on the 3rd at 20:00 Nippon time, but the lack of a listing on English site essentially confirms no western announcement for it)
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs21/stream/
Sega/Atlus schedule (new RPG already confirmed as mobile shit)
https://tgs.sega.jp/en/program/

Koei Tecmo is confirmed to be doing Atelier 25th aniversary stuff at their event, meaning the mystery game is almost certainly some kind of Atelier title.

Edit: Nintendo Direct starts in little over 15 minutes. As mentioned further down, Nintendo has already leaked some (?) of their own reveals.

Edit: On now.

Edit: OP updated a bit. Starts in less than 48 hours from this edit.

Edit: 30 mins till show starts.

Edit: Going on now. Click the above video/playlist and scroll down to whatever is live.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Tekken 8. Street Fighter 6. Shin Megami Tensei V.

Let's go!

deuxhero

Arcane
Tekken 8 was in the GeForce leaks, SMTV is confirmed and Street Fighter 6 was in the Capcom date breach. SF6 might not show up here though since it was a Q3 2022 release and lockdowns seem to have delayed the rest of Capcom's stuff two quarters.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
I want to see a new fire emblem and a new xenoblade, Three Houses was developed mainly by Koei Tecmo so i want to see what IS is up to. We are less than 2 months away from SMT V so i don't care if they show more footage or not, even if it's a game i will dump hundreds of hours into.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
according to https://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/#switch
Bayonetta 3 - 2022
Kirby 3d - 2022
YctIjke.png

deuxhero

Arcane
Nintendo Direct starts now. Opens with "release dates subject to change" due to wuhan shit.

Monster Hunter Rise expansion "Sunbreak" is first title. Summer 2022.

Chocobo GP (racing game) on Nippon stream for 2022, Mario Party on US.
Mario Party on NP, Yoko Taro's Voice of Cards on US (for released later this year, missed exact date but they gave one).
Voice of Cards on NP, Disco Communism on US.

Titles we already know about on both. Will update when something new.

Edit: Chocobo GP on US now. Why they put it later in the US I have no idea. Switch exclusive.

No smash Fighter reveal. Getting its own event on 5th.

Kirby game revealed as "and the Forgotten Land", first (?) 3D movement Kirby (aside from Air Ride). Spring 2022 worldwide. Animal Crossing Direct in October previewing new free content set for November.

KotOR port to Switch. Even less reason for the "remake" to exist now. Zombieshit that canned MCA and looks like trashfire on US, SMT5 on NP.

N64 and Mega Drive for Switch online, very different Metroid Dread trailers on US and NP (US wins for once. NP has weird music)

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
N64 controller for Switch. Why?

Actriser remake (?) "Renaissance" on NP stream. Think this was revealed or leaked already.

Castlevania collection. Meh. Couldn't even release whole series (or even just the "main" games) as one thing.

Mario Movie "Holiday 2022" worldwide, December 21 US. Chris Pratt as Mario, "talking a lot", Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong. Nope nope nope.

Splatoon 3 stuff, "Return of Mammalians" meaning return of mammals. 2022 Release.

Last trailer is Bayonetta 3. JSDF has updated Type 89s, but no sights or non-small arms. 2022

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Starts in less than 15 minutes. Doubt the opening will have anything in it, but who knows.

Edit: And as predicted, open ceremony was just some talking heads giving the schedule.

SNK in a few minutes. First event that could have something of interest

Last edited:

Anonona

Learned
Let us know if there's any information about Dragon's Dogma 2. :hypeship:

I wouldn't get my hopes up, it seems Capcom's presentation will be focused exclusively on Monster Hunter. Unless they decided to make the announcement on the Xbox segment or something, i don't think they will announce it sadly.

Ash

Arcane
Holy hell, what is all this shit. Where are the new IP's? Why does the new kiddie games have such gross art styles? Why are they still trying to make Mario a movie? Why are they still releasing brawlers in such high frequency when they have had very little evolution since Street Fighter 2? Oh great more mobile games. Is there a single highlight in this lineup? Actraiser I suppose...

The decline is eternal and not limited to the west.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom