Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Is it a bug or a feature that Aeon gets far less spells than Azata? For example, only a single 7th level spells as opposed to Azata's three.

Sunri

Liturgist
After completing Wenduag story and romance she is S tier companion I think i liked her more than Lan and Aru :incline:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't tell me you are playing with a non-mage general.

I have a fatal weakness against hot elf girls which now comes to bite me in the back.
Is there any reason to level up my ranger at all? 13 heals per combat seems broken as they can heal a fuckton, one extra stack seems nice aswell, but I got fuck all for damage skills.
The black caster girl eventually gets both cure and extra stacks skills, with the non-negligible detail that she starts with Scorching Ray, making the crusade minigame playable (not fun, mind you, but AT LEAST playable by human standards). Grab Fireball and extra power perks as soon as possible: your soldiers' only job is to kill fire-immune enemies. The stone wizard guy starts with both Scorching Ray and Master of Maneuver, and gets the cure skills pretty soon, so you have literally zero excuses not to use him instead of your dumb ranger.

The only way to play this minigame is to annihilate enemies' stacks with spells, using your armies only to pick off stragglers and kill fire-immune monsters. Any other playstyle will lead to incredible amounts of suffering and time-wasting, and this will become clear to you as soon as you realize that a single click for Scorching Ray deals as much damage as 20 minutes of clicking to attack with your troops.
I don't know if this is a change added with a recent patch, but after my first general costed 600 "resource points" (or whatever), the second one now costs 6000. I'm sure I had two generals in my first playthrough, and I don't remember but I hardly believe I've paid 6000 for the second one.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm, I see I'm not alone in my good taste for Pathfinder portraits: https://www.tomsguide.com/reviews/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-review

3YMT86nnmDmTgAugHdYm3H.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
Got into a random encounter with a Deskari Devaatator and 2 ash giants

been stuck on the encounter for 20 mins

Even in turn based it’s insta high initiative and cleave my whole party to death and confuse because it’s DC to save is too high

who designed this
As i said hundred of choices and builds but most are negated as not viable, F5 F8 is not viable nor fun to me either.
The hardest thing to do is to tank the absurdly overtuned npcs in this game, so do not pick a companion to do this, do it with MC , you get a lot more with your path than anyone else for a self buffing caster tank with highest AC possible . Get dance macabre for negative energy immunity , then asap enduring spell , greater enduring spells mythic feats to be perma buffed . Around level 13 get extend duration feat so even your round duration spells last forever. You will be barely hit and have excellent saves.
Pathing is ultra shit, you will lose ton of time, ton of dps getting them in position and they wont survive . Instead have ranged damage stay behind, best dps as far i can see are zen archer with ki on auto giving extra attacks, they have good ac too by the way . Owlcat love archers , so lann and zen mercenaries or arushalee , wenduag. Have a buffer, haster, like nenio, and an healer then you are good to go.

panda

Savant
Ok, can someone explain me why this shit
NsBHsDQ.png
has 82 AC instead of 64, which is actual sum of its bonuses?
I'm confused about something else. I've been using Finnean and I've never seen an AC debuff appear in the combat log from him (yes, I know it should ignore ac from actual armor). What am I missing? :?
Idk, i got it instantly after lvl 3 upgrade.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
I don't know if this is a change added with a recent patch, but after my first general costed 600 "resource points" (or whatever), the second one now costs 6000. I'm sure I had two generals in my first playthrough, and I don't remember but I hardly believe I've paid 6000 for the second one.

No, it's been like that since release. The third one costs 12k, the fourth - 24k. Fun if you go with anything but a Scorching Ray mage and want to correct your horrible mistake.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Does anyone have any experience with Aeon? How is it's story and implementation?

People say that it involves a lot of time travel. But since you are a wizard who hates necromancy, I suggest Azata.
Wizard playthrough is gonna be Trickster, I want to play a Bard Aeon. Balance in all things, Harmonics for All.

Aeon is the guardian of the "natural order" on an ever-increasing scale, so a Druid would be a good pick for a class.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Aeon is the guardian of the "natural order" on an ever-increasing scale, so a Druid would be a good pick for a class.
You know I was gonna Fake News you, but you're kinda right. Any class is a good class for an Aeon, because I don't think there's an alignment restriction for Chaotic. So just for shits and giggles, just make a CN Druid, go Aeon, and by the end of the game you'll just see your alignment make a straight line from right to left. "Natural order" :lol:
Balance in all things, Harmonics for All.
Not a lot of fun in Aeon. Aeon itself is "no fun allowed", really. You get your fun by seeing through other people, and calming your autism by fixing things.

Also a bit of fun if you like to talk in the mirror. :)

Edit: some ideas

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
For Trickster, I have a kitsune 9 tail heir with undead bloodline (don't even begin with me about arcane line, I know), who brings back dead witches and other characters to life and makes every companion life as miserable as possible, trying to make all these dead marionettes to laugh and fight against inevitable decline, I mean, end of the universe. He has a portrait of a fox that looks like an albino alcoholic depressed fox from meme. "When you decide to die for the good of the universe, call me anytime. I'll be waiting." Chaotic Evil alignment.

iauCGTJ.jpg

And since it's a spontaneous caster focused on Enchantment, I would need a lot of alcohol too.

For Aeon, I have a Phantasmal Mage, a planeswalker and master of artifacts and shooting some arrowz early

HXmfOLj.jpg

He will try to fix the universe as a broken clock, turn it back into perfection, and is ok to perish in the process, if what would be made end up being created as trully Masterful. He obviously owns his bleaching and considers it incline that he can go down fighting Entropy.

And then I have a hobbit microscopic witch, purely Neutral character, named Berylla, servant of dual nature diety Gozreh, who is going to be winter witch, followed by a crow, and saying pragmatic things, and befriend silver dragons.
She can pull a hat out of a rabbit, if you know what I mean.
She's not even minmaxed or good for this path but I just liked how all skills and small things set up when I was tinkering around with that character. Neat skills, and there are other options for smol people, like making a char with +16 or better of sneak on level 1, if you're not a fan of random encounters.

The spell selection on shaman is so much better, but then coolest debuffs for spells shaman has have to do with Waves and all, not winter domain. And I couldn't make her ride a dog, because shamans get dogs on level 16. Really ruined my day. I guess if you want to be a microscopic witch and ride something early, azata is the way, maybe?

I in particular liked Poz Shaman. He can do some interesting skill workarounds and his ability actually protects against one of the annoying things in game.

Well, tomorrow I would probably scrap all this and make new witches again with new portrait.
And that would repeat until enhanced patched edition.

Last edited:

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
In Kingmaker I avoided using the Acid gloves and other items for extra bonus damage triggers.
What was wrong with them? I think in my party Jubilost had them since they were available, but I don't remember him being more OP than usual.
They counts as a separate source of damage that still gets treated as your primary one, so you add to it a lot of bonuses that are intended to be applied only to your primary source (your weapon damage). So, for example, you add to it your Sneak Attack and Smite damage (maybe they fixed the Smite after a while, but I'm not sure because I stopped using those gloves), while both should only increase your standard weapon damage. This means that, if you rely heavily on those types of damage bonuses, your damage output gets effectively doubled. Another example of this is Ruin, the +5 quarterstaff that deals 2d6 force damage: the force damage counts as a separate instance and you add to it all your Sneak Attack dice and Smite damage bonuses, so it's actually a great weapon for a Monk 1/Vivisectionist X or Monk 1/Paladin X, because you get to double your main damage source on all attacks AND make an extra attack thanks to your flurry of blows. Keep in mind that you double most bonuses: for example, if you use your Divine Weapon Bond to add the Holy and/or Axiomatic properties to your weapons, you will stack their damage bonuses on all your sources of damage (so three times if you use Ruin and the Alkali Gloves). That's how you can kill the Spawn of Rovagug with a single full-attack from a single character (as a Monk 1/Paladin 19, using both Alkali Gloves and Ruin means getting a +57 damage on each attack just from your Smite Evil, which gets multiplied on a critical hit).

Why am I writing this? I'm drunk and I need to go to sleep.

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
As i said hundred of choices and builds but most are negated as not viable, F5 F8 is not viable nor fun to me either.
The hardest thing to do is to tank the absurdly overtuned npcs in this game, so do not pick a companion to do this, do it with MC , you get a lot more with your path than anyone else for a self buffing caster tank with highest AC possible . Get dance macabre for negative energy immunity , then asap enduring spell , greater enduring spells mythic feats to be perma buffed . Around level 13 get extend duration feat so even your round duration spells last forever. You will be barely hit and have excellent saves.
Pathing is ultra shit, you will lose ton of time, ton of dps getting them in position and they wont survive . Instead have ranged damage stay behind, best dps as far i can see are zen archer with ki on auto giving extra attacks, they have good ac too by the way . Owlcat love archers , so lann and zen mercenaries or arushalee , wenduag. Have a buffer, haster, like nenio, and an healer then you are good to go.

At first I wondered why they threw so many archers at you... but then seeing the results in turn based in later chapters it becomes clear. It's hilarious how bad melee chars are in comparison for killing multiple enemies. Wen will clear out 3x as many enemies in 1 turn due to attacks continuing at range compared to a much stronger melee DPS.

I really feel like the teleports on mythics like Demon should have been swift/free action. Especially considering some scripted enemies do get that stuff as free. That would have at least been a stopgap to make melee less meh. As is there is basically no difference between teleporting to enemy and walking up to them for melee.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Do the various council decisions have any effect on the story at all? I was thinking about taking Woljiffs option for one of the logistics councils (+33% experience gain for all generals) but I don't know if I want to have bulgarians thieves be my officers if it affects some kind of story outcome or whatever

Demon city is probably worse than Vivec when it comes to navigation. I think one of the buildings bugged out and won't move, leaving me stuck. (no teleporter in the party). :argh:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom