Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Xunwael

Educated
Got bored after finishing the first step of the emulator and then they invite you to their super special leader meeting and have you attend as an important guest of honour and demand that you help all of them because you're super important and special and anyone who didn't get your super important special help is going to be woefully underpowered compared to all the other factions.

Then you go help them with their super important super special quest and it's bullshit like "hang up these posters around town", "survey people in the town on who they'd vote for", "fetch this random piece of gear from the next place over", bitch are you fucking joking me? Then it's dumb shit like, oh, make sure to place these three gadgets at these three specific locations. And it's super important that you place them properly spread out so that we get complete coverage or whatever. A good place for the third beacon would be the first settlement or whatever it is. Oh and by the way, we have no idea where that is so you need to go find this super skilled pathfinder guy. WHAT!? Dude? Just fucking... why do I need a map to tell me where the spot on the map that I need to go to is as defined by where the beacons need to be positioned when I already fucking KNOW where the beacons need to be positioned? Then I go into the retards' camp and I just fucking murder everyone there after the queen tells me to go find their retard-pathfinder. I just gun the entire settlement down one person at a time by standing like 29 meters away and shooting them with my sniper rifle, clicking them really fast so that I empty my mag into them before they come close enough to trigger combat. Killed the entire place like this. Eventually they were sending power armored retards at me but they couldn't find me to engage in combat since I just shot one guy at a time then moved position. After that, they hated me so much that I kept getting ambushed by retards looking for revenge but every time I zoned in it was just necroids for some reason. Was like lvl 49 just from killing necroids in random encounters since they gave like a third of a level each.

So I went into the maze prison thing and killed my way to the bathtub where the sherlock guy was sitting for some reason (why the FUCK was he there?), but all he would say to me was "I hate you cuz u got -100 rep from killing people of my faction" (how does he know this?), so I gave him all my money to get him to talk to me but even at 100 rep he refused to so I murdered him to get my money back and he had none of it on him, it had literally disappeared into the ether. Luckily, the toilet paper roll he had in his pocket told me the direction to the camp that I already logically would have to have known the location of. Then for some reason I was overwhelmed by a powerful sensation of "fuck this", logged out, and never felt the need to play the game again.

The stuff that was in the early access segments was all pretty good. The stuff after that felt so half-baked it may as well have been a joke. The "city" in particular was just sad. Huge empty open spaces that do nothing but waste your time as you run from empty location to empty location, it doesn't even have any merchants. I snuck into the cult place and killed everyone there and nobody seemed to care. I went into the sewers and found their creepy brainwashing thing or whatever it was and nobody seemed to care. Whatever.

Alphons

Cipher
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

You can give all your equipment to a merchant (just dump it in the trade menu but don't select any of his stuff), get Rep from his faction for giving him a good deal and then harvest him for all that sweet experience.

But when looting his corpse you also get experience for stuff that you "sold" him. You can do it with every single weapon, armor, bullet and combond.

So killing a trader and looting his stuff gave me 7 levels, while killing and looting after "trading" gave me 13 levels.
Then you can sell all this stuff to another trader and get even more EXP, because now you loot your stuff and 2 dead traders.

HOW HIGH CAN WE GO?!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Who thought it was a good idea to reward experience for looting in the first place? They really wanted to make Garbage Collector Simulator.

DeepOcean

Arcane
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

You can give all your equipment to a merchant (just dump it in the trade menu but don't select any of his stuff), get Rep from his faction for giving him a good deal and then harvest him for all that sweet experience.

But when looting his corpse you also get experience for stuff that you "sold" him. You can do it with every single weapon, armor, bullet and combond.

So killing a trader and looting his stuff gave me 7 levels, while killing and looting after "trading" gave me 13 levels.
Then you can sell all this stuff to another trader and get even more EXP, because now you loot your stuff and 2 dead traders.

HOW HIGH CAN WE GO?!
See you are applying cutthroat capitalist tactics a bit too literally here.:lol:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I've reached final area but I lost the will to continue. At least not today.

The game is such a disappointment. I played on highest difficulty and there was exactly one fight in which I had to pay attention to cool-downs.

I know she is a meme companion but Yoko is the only reason why I endured this shit. She cannot aim worth a shit.

Jinn

Arcane
But you guys all mistaken, it's a beatiful RPG! If you don't beleive, read this: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975760250/recommended/921800/

Well, at least now I know whose opinion not to listen, I clearly have different priorities in RPGs.

Well goddamn me straight to RPGamer hell for having a positive reaction to the initial 15 hours of the game, like many people here did! I made it clear and reiterated they were early impressions with almost every post - even urging people to not buy it based on my impressions in one of them - and my last post in the thread was stating I would wait and see if they polished up the second half of the game that people were saying mediocre before playing more. I shouldn't have to play a game to completion in order to post my initial impressions of it around here, and likewise, I'm not asserting that anyone take my opinions as objective or complete in any way. So settle down.

I did remove that review, as it technically did become one made in bad faith in the honeymoon phase with the game since I haven't completed it, and I hadn't labelled it as "Temporary" as I normally would. I get your disappointment with the game, but I haven't done shit to you, so don't take it out by targeting me.

Codex Year of the Donut
But you guys all mistaken, it's a beatiful RPG! If you don't beleive, read this: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975760250/recommended/921800/

Well, at least now I know whose opinion not to listen, I clearly have different priorities in RPGs.

Well goddamn me straight to RPGamer hell for having a positive reaction to the initial 15 hours of the game, like many people here did! I made it clear and reiterated they were early impressions with almost every post - even urging people to not buy it based on my impressions in one of them - and my last post in the thread was stating I would wait and see if they polished up the second half of the game that people were saying mediocre before playing more. I shouldn't have to play a game to completion in order to post my initial impressions of it around here, and likewise, I'm not asserting that anyone take my opinions as objective or complete in any way. So settle down.

I did remove that review, as it technically did become one made in bad faith in the honeymoon phase with the game since I haven't completed it, and I hadn't labelled it as "Temporary" as I normally would. I get your disappointment with the game, but I haven't done shit to you, so don't take it out by targeting me.
how much did they pay you for your influential review that caused the codex to buy it?

jackofshadows

Magister

I remember that. Now while I am, in fact, disappointed with the game I was just fooling around with that post if slightly at your expense, yes but was that really that offensive? All I did have linked your public and very pleasantly-written I must add review which summaized the initial game reception perfectly in my view and it was at such contrast with the recent feedback here like "hope you guys enjoying farm of braindead trashmobs" or "it's a looting simulator". I like such humor a lot.

Anyway, I think it's a shame that you've taken down the review, you could really just add a note about it being temporal, that you decided to drop it or something like that.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/921800/view/2873849978164655559

ENCASED — Hotfix 3
Version number: 1.0.922.1908
4de6d4fc897a9b383963ccdacfc80d8b6c401efd.png

More than two weeks have passed since Encased came out. We are continuing to actively work on the game and develop additional content (which we will announce separately), finalize controversial issues and, of course, read your reports and fix bugs.

However, today's hotfix is special: not only have we eliminated a number of problems, but we’ve also added the function that you have been asking for - the ability to select a custom portrait for the protagonist. The game supports * .jpg and * .png formats, however, we recommend using * .png with transparency so that the background of the location is displayed behind your character's back.

Warning: fix descriptions may contain plot spoilers!

Localization and Voiceover
  • Numerous fixes for Chinese (Traditional, Simplified) and Japanese localizations
  • Fixed Sparrow lines not matching voice overs
  • Removed Greeting and Goodbye voiceover for Meatball
  • Removed Greetings and Goodbyes if the narrator is disabled in the settings
  • Fixed voiceover for Clara Morgan's Greeting

Text
  • Description of the Point-Blank Shot ability has been updated - now it is indicated that it does not apply to large creatures (entities with Immense status)
  • Description of the Wrench weapon has been updated - now it is indicated that it requires the Throw a Wrench ability to use it
  • Fixed the description of the Flurry of Punches ability
  • Fixed description of the "Golden Ticket" relic
  • Fixed bugs in dialogues with Louise Decker-Schultz and Kurt Spengler
  • Fixed bugs in Tkachenko's journal
  • Fixed narrator nodes in Victoria Legrand's trailer

Graphics
  • Added additional artwork for the Maelstrom Church finale
  • Fixed monitors displaying over the "Fog of War"

Features
  • Added the ability to upload custom portraits for your character

UI
  • Fixed the displaying of the Crime Committed icon
  • Fixed incorrect displaying of player's equipment when opening a container with a companion - now it is marked as equipped.
Levels
  • Improved visual effects at the start of the battle with the necroid boss in Campbell bunker
  • Fixed camera bounds at Bradbury Station location
  • Fixed camera bounds at wandering traders' camp locations
  • Fixed camera bounds at Magellan Station – Administration location
  • Fixed passage to lower drains in the Nashville sewers
  • Fixed passability at Magellan Station – Administration location
  • Fixed camera bounds at Nashville Cave location
  • Fixed camera bounds and lighting at Crossroads location
  • Fixed camera bounds, moved the wall in the toilet, fixed positions of using the sinks at Magellan Station – Residential Level
  • Removed Invisible boxes at C12-Nashville Facility – Observation Deck location
  • Fixed the position of the installation for the Servoshell Storage Station at the Parked Ursula location
  • Placed Airplane Stimulator in a box near the entrance to the sewer, added a personal chest for the player, fixed problems with passability at the Picnic Neutral Zone location
  • Fixed the inability to select a mine under the bridge using the cursor at the Suspicious Cave location
  • Fixed the camera's elevation map at a combat location with a random encounter in a swamp, hid the “flip side” of the location
  • Fixed the player incorrectly teleporting at the Unknown Place location
  • Fixed camera bounds, removed the passable zone on the edge of the map that allowed to bypass mines at New Committee Outpost location
  • Removed the tarpaulin cover from the car that had an incorrect collider at Magellan Station – Warehouse and Parking Lot location
  • Fixed lighting settings at First Settlers Camp location
  • Corrected the positions of transition triggers at Barrens location
  • Added a minimap to Quicksand location (the one with the stuck Ursula)
  • Fixed camera bounds and height map for the camera at Phalanx Warehouse location
  • Fixed the passability at The City location
  • Fixed camera bounds at Treasure Hunters' Campside location

Quests
  • Added quest update about clearing out the road at Crossroads location
  • Fixed the name of the character in the Want to Get Rich, Ask Me How quest

Game Mechanics
  • Fixed working of the Hermit ability
  • Headshot ability for heavy weapons now causes stun rather than knockout, as indicated in the description
  • Certain necroids can now climb stairs
  • Improved the effect of the Fatigue Anomaly

Story Edits
Spoiler Warning!
  • The death of Johan or Olivia Raysner in the Meat Grinder anomaly now affects the fate of Carmine Heights in the game's ending
  • Fixed being able to take Victoria Legrand's quest after last contact with Maelstrom
  • Fixed character dialogue with low intelligence, in the case when the player throws the Beta Helmet into Maelstrom
  • Fixed looped navigation in the public terminal at Kaleidoscope location
  • Fixed the low intelligence dialogue when issuing a quest for obtaining Maelstrom Beacons

Bugs and Errors
  • Opening barter with Sparrow no longer removes stolen items from inventory
  • Fixed a bug due to which companions did not receive experience if the player “jumped” over the companion's initial level when gaining experience,
  • Fixed the possibility of infinite experience gain at Jordan Prius Salt Marsh location
  • Fixed the possibility of infinite experience gain with the filmstrip box
  • Removed the possibility of bribing Victoria Legrand when meeting her projection in the White Fog
  • Fixed a bug where the group did not gain experience if the container with items inside was opened by a companion, not the player
  • Fixed multiple experience gain when going to the elevator at the Magellan station
  • Killing holograms now does not count as killing people in statistics
  • Fixed the untimely appearance of the training message when the companions commit a crime
  • Removed the ability to start a dialogue with dead bandits at the Picnic
  • Removed the ability to steal hidden weapons from some Black Wing fighters
  • Fixed the incorrect ability to equip some types of armor with the Neanderthal trait
  • Fixed infinite reputation gain in dialogue with New Committee merchant Asya de Boer

Effects and Animations
  • Fixed displaying death effects from cryolasers, as well as a number of other effects
  • Fixed animation for Monty James on the Magellan Station – Administration location
  • Clara Morgan no longer turns to the player during dialogue in the Nashville parking lot

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed problems with displaying characters under Ursula's roof on location where you find Ursula
  • Fixed the ability to ask Taylor Portman for a discount more than once
  • Fixed a typo on the servoshell armor unequip button
  • Fixed position of the drive away button in random car events
  • Added a trader icon for Pavel Svetlov, the technician who trades tools at Magellan station
  • Igor Potanin portrait now displays correctly in transport capsule's dialogues
  • Victoria Legrand got a unique outfit in all scenes
  • Fixed the displaying of the Scheelite Fiber item in the inventory
  • Fixed the displaying of the hamburger model when used
  • Changed the portrait of Sister Beatrice Catcher

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom