Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Darth Canoli Here:

Since Pierre couldn't provide a video of him beating Spider Queen at level 1 on Archmage Mode. I'll provide mine. Key notes. Silence turned out to not be very good. It worked for me last time when I could surround her, while also eliminating the other spiders. Didn't work this time because her allies were still alive. It also got in the way of spells/buffs. Another thing, Bard songs don't work on allies if they're in silence bubble. Offensive spells don't work either. I ultimately had to dismiss it mid fight. Tentacled Summon - this applies to summons in general - will make poor use of action economy. I wish I could control summons myself. Anyways, the thing will waste turns trying to grapple instead of attacking with its high BAB 6 iteratives. Grapple won't work because none of my units can land a hit on her. The other disadvantage of grapple is that it prevents Tentacled Horror from using the 6 iteratives it has.

Wait, that's the spider queen battle? Did he completely redo the dungeon art and layout?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Wait, that's the spider queen battle? Did he completely redo the dungeon art and layout?

It's part of the new village content, hyper hard mini spider queen battle but it's probably going to change in v1.18.

I knew kobolds couldn't read but really, it's the center of the discussion of the last 2/3 pages.

Dorateen

Arcane
I wanted to test Hearkenwold to make sure everything is working in the latest version 1.17 of Knights of the Chalice 2, and took the opportunity to upload a new video.

This one shows the party digging through some catacombs, and an encounter with undead that is set up to fight three consecutive waves of battles as more enemies keep arriving.

Dorateen

Arcane
Dorateen did you have to upscale the sprites from KOTC 1? If so, what tool did you use?

No, there is an in-game option to display sprites like KotC1. There are also monster sprites from KotC1, which I used as well, but the selection is limited. Other monsters and NPCs have the gold box style icon. Images are 64 x 64 or 128 x 128 for large creatures. This happens to be the same dimenions used in an earlier verion of IceBlink, so copying over these assets was easy.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Will the final version of the game have the editor right out of the box? How powerful is the editor?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will the final version of the game have the editor right out of the box? How powerful is the editor?
Editor's already part of the release and Dorateen already released his Hearkenwold on it. If I recall, dialogue editing is a bit of work but making them monsters and encounters is damned easy to adjust as you like.

Mustawd

Dorateen did you have to upscale the sprites from KOTC 1? If so, what tool did you use?

No, there is an in-game option to display sprites like KotC1. There are also monster sprites from KotC1, which I used as well, but the selection is limited. Other monsters and NPCs have the gold box style icon. Images are 64 x 64 or 128 x 128 for large creatures. This happens to be the same dimenions used in an earlier verion of IceBlink, so copying over these assets was easy.

Sorry, this may be a dumb question but how did you fit in KOTC1 sprites in a 64X64 box if they are originally 24X24?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Sorry, this may be a dumb question but how did you fit in KOTC1 sprites in a 64X64 box if they are originally 24X24?
He didn't have to do squat. That option came with the game.

Dorateen

Arcane
It must upscale the sprites itself in-game then. Ok, thanks.

Mustawd if it helps visualize, here is a screen from the creature editor. A builder can choose to use a sprite, and it opens another screen with the KotC1 sprites that are available. You can also check the box to get the high resolution sprites, which Pierre added post release.

MFITOXj.jpg

Pierre would have already done any necessary upscaling for KotC2, and packaged the files with the game.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
It must upscale the sprites itself in-game then. Ok, thanks.

Mustawd if it helps visualize, here is a screen from the creature editor. A builder can choose to use a sprite, and it opens another screen with the KotC1 sprites that are available. You can also check the box to get the high resolution sprites, which Pierre added post release.

MFITOXj.jpg

Pierre would have already done any necessary upscaling for KotC2, and packaged the files with the game.

When is release in Steam planned?

Mustawd

thinking of taking a crack at making/aggregating some tilesets for environments/buildings. What are your thoughts on these different styles for top down?

front part of the building is visible
terinyo.png

Only tops of the buildings are visible (assuming when you enter)
Basic-Building-Assets-and-Maps-Banner.jpg.webp

or traditional type jrpg style (minus the anime aspect) where you can the entire building and then converts to inside only view (like above)
DbUzj3yWkAE13f3

Alternatively, the Tibia tileset can be adapted to use in KOTC2. Seeing that it's a lot of work, it'd be interesting to know how much of a demand there is for Ultima 7/Tibia/KOTC Pov.

Comte

How hard is it to make modules in this? I recently got the game after writing Pierre a letter. Haven't had a chance to really look at it due to my pain in the ass kids taking over my computer to play friggen minecraft.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
When is release in Steam planned?

November, if things go according to plan.

Difficulty is still hardcore, right?

I hope at least.

The new default normal mode is a lot more reasonable than the game was at release, yet still very challenging.

I've completed the game both shortly after release and with the new normal mode. The latter was much more enjoyable as mistakes were costly but allowable in most fights and savescumming perfect init and saves were not required.

Naharcito

Novice
How hard is it to make modules in this? I recently got the game after writing Pierre a letter. Haven't had a chance to really look at it due to my pain in the ass kids taking over my computer to play friggen minecraft.

Adding to this, it would be an interesting tool to convert and test custom PnP modules.

Comte

Adding to this, it would be an interesting tool to convert and test custom PnP modules.

I am thinking maybe making some classic modules as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom