Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Darth Canoli

Arcane
We're now discussing a New Game + mode like in the Japanese Anime games where you start from Level 1 or another form of extra difficulty mode, and we seem to actually have some troubles with random encounters on different levels sometimes, just can't get a hold of the problematic code in question, so the game will be more balanced very soon and probably have some extra challenges or modes or even special items for high level transfers.

Some more feedback regarding difficulty (might be useful for this mode)

Mutant hideout
  • The electrified parts either force you to backtrack a lot of go solo to avoid the bullshit (which i did) and since no enemy there is a threat while wearing the power armor... 6+ engines to disable is way too much.
  • Trash mobs all over the place, should be replaced by dangerous enemies with high armor penetration.
Drug's dealer's boat
  • Same as the hideout, too many trash mobs/crew members
  • Should have been avoidable through the CYOA intro through stealth + explosive (start a fire somewhere)
  • Increase the difficulty of both "boss fights" well, at least the first one, i skipped the second one
What would b nice is being able to import to keep the attribute boosts from ATOM but to start at level 1.

SFX
Also, the sound effect for martial art weapons is a stabbing sound, extremely disappointing, it'd be nice to hear a nice impact instead and why not bones cracking on a crit and/or a kill.

The sniper rifle you can craft (same as in Atom) is the best one, outside of a 15kg rifle for the power armor, which is unmissable.

You can get a Dragunov from faction vendor or Seventh Haven, and Uncle Ho's ship quest has a Chinese SKS.
You can also find the Dragunov at the police HQ vendor, and you can get an SKS or scoped SKS from encounters. There's also an SVT (can't remember where) and a Mosin (either in a Northmen encounter when fetching the sunken truck, or from the mercs hunting you after you take down the anarchists IIRC).

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
We're now discussing a New Game + mode like in the Japanese Anime games where you start from Level 1 or another form of extra difficulty mode, and we seem to actually have some troubles with random encounters on different levels sometimes, just can't get a hold of the problematic code in question, so the game will be more balanced very soon and probably have some extra challenges or modes or even special items for high level transfers.

Some more feedback regarding difficulty (might be useful for this mode)

Mutant hideout
  • The electrified parts either force you to backtrack a lot of go solo to avoid the bullshit (which i did) and since no enemy there is a threat while wearing the power armor... 6+ engines to disable is way too much.
  • Trash mobs all over the place, should be replaced by dangerous enemies with high armor penetration.
Drug's dealer's boat
  • Same as the hideout, too many trash mobs/crew members
  • Should have been avoidable through the CYOA intro through stealth + explosive (start a fire somewhere)
  • Increase the difficulty of both "boss fights" well, at least the first one, i skipped the second one
What would b nice is being able to import to keep the attribute boosts from ATOM but to start at level 1.

SFX
Also, the sound effect for martial art weapons is a stabbing sound, extremely disappointing, it'd be nice to hear a nice impact instead and why not bones cracking on a crit and/or a kill.
I can wholeheartedly agree on the generators, never liked them myself, but I doubt their number is going to change. That map has a rather "interesting" history of being made. We won't be able to dispose of that tedium at this stage, but we can make the enemies stronger. We're looking into most enemies for further tweaking actually.
However on the tanker, we made them weak on purpose, the idea was to recreate a John Wu movie with TONS of enemies rushing you and hitting rather hard, but dying in one attack most of the times so that you and Long Wang would massacre them gloriously! Might not work for some builds though, I guess. That sucks! And they might not hit as hard if you are in PA I suppose. Might tweak them with armor piercers. We also crippled their AI so that they do not trigger into combat if there's a locked door between combat and them, that was also on purpose to recreate that HK movie thing of a guy walking into a room and it's full of armed gangsters who turn around as one and start blasting! On stealth: we placed them in a way in which a high stealth character could in theory avoid at least half of them in the hold but since PA cripples stealth it probably didn't work out that way for you. Thematically I'd say the tanker dungeon simply demands roleplaying to be enjoyed. Going through it pretending I'm an undercover merc infiltrating a dangerous hull full of drunk sailors and angry engineers always gets to me, but simply playing it to go through it rarely does. Boss fights however I can promise we'll look into.
NG+ might be implemented with that in mind, and a very nice observation about the sound!

Deadass

Savant
Atomboy martial arts is really underwhelming compared to all the new goodies that melee got, new perks, weapons and shit while unarmed characters only got one new gauntlet and that's it :negative:

Parabalus

Arcane
Might not work for some builds though, I guess. That sucks! And they might not hit as hard if you are in PA I suppose.

Just make the boat ride leave your PA at the docks, like Skull Island.

The sniper rifle you can craft (same as in Atom) is the best one, outside of a 15kg rifle for the power armor, which is unmissable.

You can get a Dragunov from faction vendor or Seventh Haven, and Uncle Ho's ship quest has a Chinese SKS.
You can also find the Dragunov at the police HQ vendor, and you can get an SKS or scoped SKS from encounters. There's also an SVT (can't remember where) and a Mosin (either in a Northmen encounter when fetching the sunken truck, or from the mercs hunting you after you take down the anarchists IIRC).

The SKS and Mosin are both outright worse than the Chinese SKS.

Last edited:

Vezok

Novice
The Trudograd Marketer quest. Do people ever accept the leaflets, or did I pick all the wrong choices? I am not savescumming for a better outcome but I am curious.

Parabalus

Arcane
The Trudograd Marketer quest. Do people ever accept the leaflets, or did I pick all the wrong choices? I am not savescumming for a better outcome but I am curious.

They do, most of the "right" choices seemed insane, which fits the Russian setting.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

They do, most of the "right" choices seemed insane, which fits the Russian setting.

Like giving the leaflets to the cripples?
I gave them to the bystanders that didn't give them money and then, i don't remember who it was, gave them some too.

Both choices were wrong though...

Saduj

Arcane
How do you know if you gave the leaflets out correctly? Does it affect the quality of stuff the store sells? I got good feedback from the quest giver but her merchandise is shit.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
View attachment 21007

after I buy the special armour, the guy says he can upgrade it for money.

I have 6 k rubles in inventory but only these 2 options appear!?
You need to be wearing it. Did you wear it?

the dialog interaction takes place with me inside the armour.

sometimes, the dialogue says one thousand, other times ten thousands

when he says one thousand, he charges 10 instead nevertheless

so I guess it's a bug

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
Atomboy the font in interactive cutscenes (like with the card magician) seems to be very small and unscalable on 1920x1080.

Or maybe I am retarded? I can scale the interface, but it doesn't seem to work on interactive cutscenes' font at all.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
By the way, can someone explain to me what the hell does this mean?
F9F1D2FF8A46D65A76B871593EF362E9EA158F22

(ATOM TG patch)
Is this an old-school patch 109mb which affect 6.8gb worth of game files or what?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way, can someone explain to me what the hell does this mean?
F9F1D2FF8A46D65A76B871593EF362E9EA158F22

(ATOM TG patch)
Is this an old-school patch 109mb which affect 6.8gb worth of game files or what?

It's a progress meter for the actual patching process. This also happened with the previous download UI, you just didn't see it.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
It's a progress meter for the actual patching process. This also happened with the previous download UI, you just didn't see it.
I get the progress meter. I don't get the 4.9gb of 6.8gb numbers given that had been downloaded 109.5mb only. I mean, in the past it was common but I was so sure up untill this point that steam usually just send every modified file since no one cares about traffic anymore hence the size of "modern" patches like 15gb 1st day when the whole game taking up like 30gb worth of space.

Last edited:

Deadass

Savant
finished it, nice end cutscene bruh also
whatsup with aliens n shieet reference in one of the bunker terminals?? Atom 2 mothership zeta confirmed?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
finished it, nice end cutscene bruh also
whatsup with aliens n shieet reference in one of the bunker terminals?? Atom 2 mothership zeta confirmed?
What do you think Hesperus Star is? Also, the object coming then leaving the orbit might not be aliens, but some US mission to the moon or something like that.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I must have missed something. Are you locked out of the police faction if you complete too many revolutionary tasks? The only cop I talked to earlier aggroed the whole station after asking to get smacked in the head, but I save-scummed before it.

What's the red bar for the power armor for, yellow being diesel?

I have to say I'm not a fan of the English voice actor for the cutscenes. A deep gravelly eastern European accent would be more appropriate, as in the original. This one feels like story time at the children's library.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Atomboy is there only two factions in the game? Capitalist pigs and communist losers? Or is there some good old fasch in it?
You can also "join" the invading northmen in the final chapter. Results in everything being burned. No quests or anything like that. The Conglomerate also works behind the scenes apparently.

What's the red bar for the power armor for, yellow being diesel?
It's your HP (not the armour's, that doesn't have any health/repair status)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
this game would be more immersive and exploration more rewarding if there would be some type of "shroud of war" in the game, to reveal the map as you explore and not seeing it all from the start

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
BTW, how different are the faction quests? Entirely different quests or the same basic tasks with a slightly different angle?
The PA paint options are oddly very expensive for what look like cosmetics. Is there a function/buff I'm missing? I found the Vault-tec themed one for free.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom