Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime CRPG Book - Call for reviews

Cunt Dickula!?

2 pages aren't enough when talking about a masterpiece like ELEX.
There's so much to talk about.
I think around 50 pages would do it justice.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Torment TON is definitely a hard one, as I am a fanboy of the original Torment. For me, personally, TTON is hard to accept the results and to swallow everything that was promised and not delivered.

As a project is a failure, as a game is less than mediocre. Its just a horrible, predictable point and click. Its not even fun.

I'm pissed off just to write about it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Torment TON is definitely a hard one, as I am a fanboy of the original Torment. For me, personally, TTON is hard to accept the results and to swallow everything that was promised and not delivered.

As a project is a failure, as a game is less than mediocre. Its just a horrible, predictable point and click. Its not even fun.

Please write the review, you already nailed it!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Please write the review, you already nailed it!
Nothing to nail,that is the opinion of like 90% of kodexers. Still he should write the review if he have the time and the passion for it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I'm perfectly fine with a negative review, but should at least be like Junta's review of it for the Codex. It can't be "DECLINE. BANAL, SHIT, BORING. FARGO LIED".

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Junta is the right person for this one, indeed. His review was super good and reasonable

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hóngwèibīng don't you still have a connection to Junta?
Might you ask him wether he wants to submit a condensed version of his review?
Junta is good, and his review touches exactly on the points I would mention, why Edge does make the noncombat checks too easy, why Crisis mode does not work and is just a mediocre combat system, why the writing is most of the times just fatiguing.
He also points out the few things it does right, which elevate it for me above trash status:

Prime Junta said:
The brief flashes of creativity, ambition, and intelligence the game occasionally exhibits only serve to set its general failure in high relief. A handful of maps look good. The Bloom with its Maws is a genuinely cool idea, and some of that did make it all the way to the game. Some Crises can be resolved several ways: by talking, by interacting with the environment, sometimes in non-obvious ways. Some objectives have multiple ways to reach them, and many quests have multiple possible resolutions. Sometimes failing to solve a puzzle the “right” way gives surprising results. There is some consequence between quests; solving one problem one way might make it easier, or harder, to solve another problem later down the line. There are two somewhat-relatable companion characters in the game: one a Minsc with an Avellonian twist, another… a Lost Child who Shapes Gods. There are a few Meres – choose-your-own-adventure text interludes inside a character’s memories – which rise above the general amateur-hour level, notably one at the end of a long-running sidequest. These islands of quality are a credit to their creators because that standard was clearly not a requirement from the people in charge of the project. They are a sad reminder of what could have – should have – been.

So the review is anything but unfair.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Numanuma is objectively mediocre. It was a major disapointment, which tends to polarize expectations. And the reputation still affects people who came late to the game. Kinda like with Lionheart. Everyone starts playing it expecting to get disappointed.

Quigs

Magister
I'd be interested in the Crescent Hawks Inception. I'd need to replay it if picked, it's been ages. I'm a fairly big Battletech fan, so I did play it back in the mid 90s (it was re-released in a pack called POWERHITS BATTLETECH in 92, I found it in a bargain cd rack sometime later)

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
That delicious Inception cover art. I still have that poster somewhere.

and this:
Fkjx0I8.jpg

Duke?

Quigs

Magister
My recollection is that either the Inception or Revenge poster was double sided, with one being combat art, and the other a mech recognition guide. And every other week I'd flip the fucking thing over because its hard to decide between COMBAT and MECHS.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
felipepepe About Salt and Sanctuary. I whipped up a draft, even if I have very low confidence in myself. I'll send it to you, but in all honesty, pretty much anyone else than me would do a better job.

The thing about Numanuma kickstarter is that if you weren't there you won't understand. The thing had hit us right into our hearts tired of a despair caused by dark ages. Each update gave us exactly what we wanted to hear. It was a staggering display of Fargo talent as a marketing guy. We will never again experience such mix of excitement, hope and enthusiasm that was Numanuma campaign.

Sacibengala

Prophet
The thing about Numanuma kickstarter is that if you weren't there you won't understand. The thing had hit us right into our hearts tired of a despair caused by dark ages. Each update gave us exactly what we wanted to hear. It was a staggering display of Fargo talent as a marketing guy. We will never again experience such mix of excitement, hope and enthusiasm that was Numanuma campaign.
That kickstarter made one thing for sure. Killed my innocence.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I wonder if I pirated er "ARCHIVED" them all when TheTrove was still around? Well, time to dig in the pile of portable hard drives.

Vatnik Wumao
"I'm going to have to pass on that as I'm now in the industry. It would be very bad form to review a competing studio's game."
t. PJ

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom