Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

0wca

Learned
LoL. I thought this game was supposed to be made by chad slavs. Is wokeism finally infecting them now?

As a slav I can confirm the cancer is spreading here as well. Albeit slowly.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I made entire threads about origins of WOKE in Slavlands and its spreading in recent years. TLDR: Slavic urban middle class is de facto culturally A-ME-RI-CAN. And has been for 40-50+ years. Have you heard of USAID, NGOs, Hollywood, Internet etc? Only there is cultural lag of 3-10 years, varies from country to country. For example, Russian urban zoomer youth is fucked up and hedonistic beyond words, and more WOKE then Californians. Russian Doomer youth is blackpilled. Etc.

America has destroyed in past 50+ years most of World's cultures, everyone is some sort of American-light, with few survived remnants of local culture (usually different food, and slightly less cucked mainstream narrative). Owlcats are WOKE, their next game will be even more WOKE but more importantly, it will be DUMBED DOWN and full of bugs. Why? Because amount of WOKE in their company will overweight the amount of competent Devs. WOKE=Incompetence

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Same thing has repeated for million times and you still can't learn the pattern? How many more times it has to happen, billion? How many more companies have to go woke and quality of their writing, combat and in the end even most basic programming go to shit? CD Projekt is DONE. Got BIOWARED. Wrath is Woke Witcher 3 for Owlcats. Their next game is ULTRA WOKE Cyberpunk. It will be cringe, shit combat and crush 13 times before Main Menu

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
WOKE is DISEASE. And this disease wants you DEAD. There is no compromising with them, every compromise is temporary and leads to noose being more tightly tied over your white heterosexual male neck. You are their enemy. This is what they openly say and yet you buy their games? You pay for the bullet that will shoot you

Any company that has put LGBT flag on their Twitter profile, PIRATE their games. Simple As. The least that you can do. Use that money and buy another copy of Trudograd/Colony Ship. Stop being cultural cuck. Resist. If you want to live

frajaq

Erudite
I find this one hilarious:
xexLeQt.png

Nocticula interactions are constantly high points of the game, Owlcat really nailed her personality

Generic-Giant-Spider

Generic-Giant-Spider why do you feel the need to paint everyone as frothing at the mouth enraged when they don't want a tranny's mooseknuckles shoved in their face?

I'm painting the storyfags in this thread as easily seethed pussyboys because that's what they are, Lares, can I call you Lares? I'm calling you Lares. If you buy a game and you are so mindrocked by words on a screen then you're every bit as bitchmade as the Twitterfolk. Embrace combat or go join a book club and buy a cat or sumfin.

Look at this The Wall fucker above me. This nigga is going on a goddamn sermon here because Wrath of the Righteous got some fags in it. "RESIST IF YOU WANT TO LIVE." Now that's cringe, baby.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Owlcats are Russian Obsidian+Bioware. Mishulin is Sawyer, Oleg is Feargus. Facial and spiritual similarity is uncanny

One way we can make change is:
1) Go to their Reddit/Steam forums
2)Start comments with: "As devout Muslim..."
3)Rage against the Woke
4)...
5)New patch removes all trannies from game

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Look at this The Wall fucker above me. This nigga is going on a goddamn sermon here because Wrath of the Righteous got some fags in it. "RESIST IF YOU WANT TO LIVE." Now that's cringe, baby.
Nigga, you live 2-5 years away from Civil War 2.0 in America yet you pretend like we are still in the 2015. when centristfags were listened to when they said "SJWs are just few loud harmless gay furries on twitter"

Wrath of Righteous is part of Cultural War. It is considered victory for the side that wants you first digitally and then physically RIP. Read what says on Raid Spray before drinking entire bottle, Spider

Generic-Giant-Spider

Nigga, you live 2-5 years away from Civil War 2.0 in America

Won't happen. Lefties are too busy wanting to debate for five hours, Righties can't throw hands like they used to. I'm just here eating my Chips Ahoy cereal and smoking cigarettes with Big T while reading some dumb gopnik shit you're churnin' out by the dozens. Oh Lordy.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Haha, we'll see. I'll be sad for every spider that gets stomped. Warned, you were

P.S. Wrath is mechanically genious game. #1 PnP adaptation in history of role-playing. I'm afraid it's the last such game from Owlcats. Hope I'm wrong

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I made entire threads about origins of WOKE in Slavlands and its spreading in recent years. TLDR: Slavic urban middle class is de facto culturally A-ME-RI-CAN. And has been for 40-50+ years. Have you heard of USAID, NGOs, Hollywood, Internet etc? Only there is cultural lag of 3-10 years, varies from country to country. For example, Russian urban zoomer youth is fucked up and hedonistic beyond words, and more WOKE then Californians. Russian Doomer youth is blackpilled. Etc.

America has destroyed in past 50+ years most of World's cultures, everyone is some sort of American-light, with few survived remnants of local culture (usually different food, and slightly less cucked mainstream narrative). Owlcats are WOKE, their next game will be even more WOKE but more importantly, it will be DUMBED DOWN and full of bugs. Why? Because amount of WOKE in their company will overweight the amount of competent Devs. WOKE=Incompetence

What has been exported is US left wing coastal culture. There are 5 major cultures which are at odds with each other some times.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The Wall It's hard to have your own capital bombed first by Austrians, and then by Americans, huh.

All in all, I have only one answer from our late friend Desiderius : git gud. Do better, alt-right. Create better games (or any games for that matter).

I see it as natural selection; if SJW are winning and normies are loosing I am OK with that. It will get worse for sure, and a "drag queen" will be the main NPC, and then a protagonist. So what? If there is no better alternative then I am not going to be some kind of martyr and sacrifice my own entertainment to some colors of rainbow. On the other hand, I will not buy a game only due to LGBTQI+BLM thematic.

Also, it is very telling that I do not see very prominent names in this thread; the names of people who can extract information from texts.

Shaki

Arbiter
People cry about SJW agenda, but I came to a conclusion that WotR is actually working against it.

You see trannies, fags and shit existing in game, and you get mad, but think about it - are you suddenly getting an urge to suck on a dick, wear your grandma's dress, or vote for a female president, because of that? I doubt it. Maybe Rusty, seeing how obsessed he got with the game, but that's an exception.

Meanwhile wokies on Reddit and other sites, really struggle. They love their brave kweens at the beginning, but then the game constantly keeps showing them how incompetent they are, how stupid the leftist ideals look when applied in practice, how in the end, only reasonable and competent people on their side, are guys like Regill and Hulrun. They have a hard time coping with the fact that they find themselves constantly agreeing with Golarion's equivalent of a manlet Nazi. They get tired of their butch lesbian brave general being a cowardly moron who they have to constantly coddle. They get annoyed at their wonderful strong womyn queen being a petty bitch and fucking up the crusade just because she's insecure. They warm up to the degenerate-burning Christian fundamentalist Hulrun, who doesn't whine and actually gets the job done, unlike all the woke-bait characters.

So far it seems like WotR is actually going to end up being one of the most effective anti-SJW pieces of entertainment made in the last decade.

MartinK

Learned
P.S. Wrath is mechanically genious game. #1 PnP adaptation in history of role-playing. I'm afraid it's the last such game from Owlcats. Hope I'm wrong

They adapted a tabletop that is a piece of crap and thus is crap too. I mean, Shitfinder is no Shadowrun 6E, but still pretty shit regardless with millions of little mechanics disconected form everything else, every character has dozens meatpoints and takes longsword to the face like a whore takes cocks, fucking classes and leves, have you ever seen somebody in real life who had level and class, seven trillion types of dice needed to play and still has flat probability distribution where it matters, bullshit ballance, etc.. As a proud SJW I refuse to play it on these grounds. It’s also cringe and shit,

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
I looked at user reviews and found this
Beginning is fantastic- you are just some person who is swept up in the events of the crusade, city is burning, people are screaming...good stuff.
Couple of hours later and I am a sole commander of the crusade well on my path to godhood (angelhood?) totally the most super special guy in the world who wields holy sword and is treated as if somehow Saladin had a baby with god-emperor of mankind... I mean...I get it, rpgs are power fantasy but...at least make me work for it.

Yea... That's a problem.

That part is intentional on Owlcat's side, though. The one who wrote it either didn't play far enough into the game, or didn't pay attention.
The big reveal is that you're basically a science experiment of the main villain of the story, which is why you're so powerful out of nowhere.

Xunwael

Educated
I stopped playing at the third chapter and went for a new playtrough of ATOM.

I just couldn't stand the writing anymore.

This is the first game I contemplated killing most of my companions.
I think about killing the companions in most crpgs, ps:t is probably the only exception where I'd keep them along because I want to. BG1/2 you don't really have a choice since there's no merc system so you gotta pick some of them, at least unless you're a pro gamer. Cuckmaker and wrath of the cringefinder have pretty bad companions, but it's no worse than PoE or Tranny or Nu-men era. Well. Not much worse, anyway. DoS is probably the least offensive of recent ones, which all things considered is impressive. But even a game where one of your companions is a cringy talking squirrel knight riding a... what does he ride? A cat? Anyway, whatever it is, that bullshit is nothing compared to insanity like Aloth; an insane screeching faggot who immediately forces you into a combat encounter to keep him alive (much like the fox in cringefinder) and who anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together would kill on the spot or at least confine within an insane asylum (again, much like the fox). At least you could kill HEYAITSME on the spot, though she returned for the sequel regardless, but at least she had the dignity to wear her immortality belt and run off if she "died" during the laboratory section. Sheila ("Sheila: A girl who is beautiful inside and out!") Seelah doesn't even do you that courtesy. If you manage to get her killed during the early section, the game ends in an immediate failstate and you have to reload. Her life is more important than the player character's. Why? Because she's there to stop you from killing the other two insufferable characters that are immediately forced upon you in the mere beginning of this cancerous unskippable on-rails bullshitsection! You wanna do an "[Attack] Die!"? Beautiful Both Inside & Out Girl: "Nope!" And then you do your soul-sucked cuck face and go "ok honey", another little part of you dying another little silent death as you continue to pave the road to total disenfranchising demoralization through willing participation. And the you get on your knees and ask for more. You wouldn't want to be mistaken for one of those gross nerds who don't like the popular thing. Never. You will be popular, even if it costs you everything. And so you celebrate your unskippable on-rails sections and your insane faggoty purse-puppy companions, and you ask for more, and you stuff it all up your asshole until one day your corpse is found by two morgan freeman and bradd pitt expys in a grotetsque simulacra of the sin of gluttony, but done to yourself willingly and anally instead of forcibly and orally. Self-rape unto death: Modern-man achieved in perfection. Can't get more pozzed than that.

This is where we're heading, trust my words.

And it's all because of video games.

Sarathiour

Cipher
A CRPG story should be one that gives motivation to go kick the shit out of monsters. It's an excuse, ultimately, but a good excuse. A motivation, but the greater driving force should be in the combat and character customization.

A good RPG should do that but a great RPG should put you in a position where you can't avoid it, either you fight or you flee like a coward.

For example, you're a retired soldier working as a lumberjack, a bunch of thugs try to mug you on your way home, you can't really escape.
War is coming, villagers take refuge behind the walls of the nearby castle which is soon surrounded and then, the events continue to drag you toward a fate you didn't chose.

Sandboxes are nice and all, but games with a good narrative and great battle encounters would be nice from time to time...

And I'm not saying the above is, it's just events you can't chose not to deal with.

I think this is spot on : story in itself is not that important, but the narrative of the game is.

To clarify, I mean narrative in a broad sense, which for me mean how you space out the encounter, the challenge of each one and the reward gained. A game with a very mediocre story could nevertheless have a lot of attention given to narrative : how and when the game will force you to use different trick, how does it build tension up for a big encounter, etc.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I stopped playing at the third chapter and went for a new playtrough of ATOM.

I just couldn't stand the writing anymore.

This is the first game I contemplated killing most of my companions.
I think about killing the companions in most crpgs, ps:t is probably the only exception where I'd keep them along because I want to. BG1/2 you don't really have a choice since there's no merc system so you gotta pick some of them, at least unless you're a pro gamer. Cuckmaker and wrath of the cringefinder have pretty bad companions, but it's no worse than PoE or Tranny or Nu-men era. Well. Not much worse, anyway. DoS is probably the least offensive of recent ones, which all things considered is impressive. But even a game where one of your companions is a cringy talking squirrel knight riding a... what does he ride? A cat? Anyway, whatever it is, that bullshit is nothing compared to insanity like Aloth; an insane screeching faggot who immediately forces you into a combat encounter to keep him alive (much like the fox in cringefinder) and who anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together would kill on the spot or at least confine within an insane asylum (again, much like the fox). At least you could kill HEYAITSME on the spot, though she returned for the sequel regardless, but at least she had the dignity to wear her immortality belt and run off if she "died" during the laboratory section. Sheila ("Sheila: A girl who is beautiful inside and out!") Seelah doesn't even do you that courtesy. If you manage to get her killed during the early section, the game ends in an immediate failstate and you have to reload. Her life is more important than the player character's. Why? Because she's there to stop you from killing the other two insufferable characters that are immediately forced upon you in the mere beginning of this cancerous unskippable on-rails bullshitsection! You wanna do an "[Attack] Die!"? Beautiful Both Inside & Out Girl: "Nope!" And then you do your soul-sucked cuck face and go "ok honey", another little part of you dying another little silent death as you continue to pave the road to total disenfranchising demoralization through willing participation. And the you get on your knees and ask for more. You wouldn't want to be mistaken for one of those gross nerds who don't like the popular thing. Never. You will be popular, even if it costs you everything. And so you celebrate your unskippable on-rails sections and your insane faggoty purse-puppy companions, and you ask for more, and you stuff it all up your asshole until one day your corpse is found by two morgan freeman and bradd pitt expys in a grotetsque simulacra of the sin of gluttony, but done to yourself willingly and anally instead of forcibly and orally. Self-rape unto death: Modern-man achieved in perfection. Can't get more pozzed than that.

This is where we're heading, trust my words.

And it's all because of video games.

A rant of this magnitude brought about by an intense case of storyfaggotry.

Play two blobbers and call me in the morning.

Saravan

Savant
The Wall It's hard to have your own capital bombed first by Austrians, and then by Americans, huh.

All in all, I have only one answer from our late friend Desiderius : git gud. Do better, alt-right. Create better games (or any games for that matter).

I see it as natural selection; if SJW are winning and normies are loosing I am OK with that. It will get worse for sure, and a "drag queen" will be the main NPC, and then a protagonist. So what? If there is no better alternative then I am not going to be some kind of martyr and sacrifice my own entertainment to some colors of rainbow. On the other hand, I will not buy a game only due to LGBTQI+BLM thematic.

Also, it is very telling that I do not see very prominent names in this thread; the names of people who can extract information from texts.

Reminder that this guy hyped up WotR for months without even playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom