Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Dodo1610

Arcane
Gameplay video looked dope! I legit thought they were gonna attempt to streamline it but that melee-jank is not fooling anyone :lol: I'm actually amped to play this shit.

Well, they did streamline it, that odd combo system is completely gone. Just sad that there have been absolutely no changes to ranged weapons, their animation still looks bad.

Star Citizen

Learned
Gameplay video looked dope! I legit thought they were gonna attempt to streamline it but that melee-jank is not fooling anyone :lol: I'm actually amped to play this shit.

Well, they did streamline it, that odd combo system is completely gone. Just sad that there have been absolutely no changes to ranged weapons, their animation still looks bad.

Oh, damn I wasn't aware of the removal of the combo system. I never used it personally but it sucks having shit removed for peeps that may have. Eh, most things seem to be intact on paper if you enjoyed the first and from what we've seen it looks more or less the same. Which is what I wanted personally, more ELEX, as I clocked in and loved every second of the hundreds of hours I put into the first. Hopefully the worst that can happen is that it just wont be as good as the first game was but still decent, if it sucks then ah well, my disappointment receptor is dull by now and I'd just do another run of the first =D. I've heard that they've made some other improvements too, like enemies stamina actually works now and other shit like companions not being immortal. We'll see tho.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

JDR13

Arcane
Anyone know who the new voice actor for Jax is?

Think it's someone from Metal Gear series. Recognize it.
Recognize it?

The voice.

But I think I'm wrong. Went through all the Metal Gear voice actors, and nobody sounded like him. I recognize his voice but can't place it. So annoying.
Annoying?

That he can't remember it, not the voice itself.

Zlaja

Arcane
Will this game also have monsters that stand idle 15 meters from settlements?

d53.png

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Technically, you can see Elex 2's leap forward, even if you still can't expect the smoothness of a 1,500-person Ubisoft production, for example, in the animation.

And good riddance too! That means they figuratively aim away from the concept of the many open world soulle-- Ubisoft games. I be happy.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
rusty_shackleford What is your beef with Elex?
the developers don't know what fact means
Meaning they don't deliver on the promises?
meaning they don't understand what fact means, look at their twitter "elex-facts"
Hmm, they use the word "fact" for something that can be often judged as a subjective thing. If this is what you mean, I follow. And I agree that a blatant lack of distinguishing is always a bit alarming.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Elex 2 is in the making for four years, you know what other game was being developed for four years? Gothic 3! And we all saw how well it went.

Cunt Dickula!?

ELEX 2 recycles the map of ELEX 1, you know what other game recycled the map of its predecessor? Gothic 2! And we all saw how well it went.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
Wait it's the same map and it's still taking them so long to release it? Something smells fishy.

Cunt Dickula!?

Half is new, half is taken from ELEX 1.
ELEX 2 map will be around the same size as ELEX 1 map.
They also recycled assets like monsters from ELEX 1.

Codex Year of the Donut
Elex 2 is in the making for four years, you know what other game was being developed for four years? Gothic 3! And we all saw how well it went.
Gothic 3 with proper mods is a decent openworld game. Not much of a Gothic game, sure, but I had fun with it. Expected it to be really shit like Arcania from the way people talked about it.

Gothic 3 is actually a bit like a proto-ELEX now that I think about it, tbh.

Cunt Dickula!?

I'm always saddened when I think of what Gothic 3 could have been.
Imagine they left out the ice and desert regions and full on concentrated on creating a good myrtana.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom