Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Learned
After all this DII talk I went and reinstalled it. Using D2DX and Plugy. High FPS and widescreen support with the OG graphics plus Ladder runewords from Plugy in single player make for a very pleasant experience. Not getting Resurrected. :obviously:

QYFg6Do.png

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not sure why Asian or meat are considered profane. If Asian is the profane word, I think Blizz are the ones being racist here.

Perkel

Arcane
I died pretty early with new assasin char in singleplayer and then i rolled druid. Now randomly i see body of my assasin lying around in village.

Bug or a feature ? Neat.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Probably due to that asian hate fake media bullshit in the states. Yeah, everyone was beating and hanging chinks like the new KKK. Just another free speech chop to "protect everyone." Grow a spine libtards.

Anyway, I have to have this before i purchase any more games.

mine must be mobile and walk to the store as well. Gaming on the go.

Perkel

Arcane
speaking of runewords again. Here it is in full glory LOD fuck up. I did as druid lvl 9 countess twice. This staff basically will take you to hell skipping 99% of weapons for sorc. As i said before runewords probably in minds of creators were supposed to be unknown, known only by few autists or something.

That being said runes by themselves aren't bad. Just runewords are too powerful + some low level ones. The ethereal uniques/set/rare stuff + zod is amazing addition that gives that OMG moment but limited to few people.

unknown.png

Shadenuat

Arcane
Don't even need it much because you can max fire skill, and then when meet fire immunes, respec into helicopter.

Generic-Giant-Spider

My favorite is when the game gives you a free pass through Nightmare by giving you Ancients' Pledge off an early Act V quest in Normal.

Generic-Giant-Spider

There's no timer or any sort of bad luck prevention thing in D2. Uniques and Set items can drop from almost everything with end act bosses having higher chances than usual. Some superunique monsters are good to hit up too like the aforementioned Countess or Pindleskin in Act V.

If you're really hurting for gear you can hope you glitched out Andariel's loot table. If you took the town portal she creates once she dies and talked to Warriv to Sail East immediately after your first kill then her loot table will always assume you're getting the first time kill on her which makes the chances of unique/set items high on dropping. You want to make sure you do this in Nightmare/Hell since that's when she starts dropping pretty good stuff.

A good way of knowing whether or not you glitched her is if you kill her again and she drops a whole bunch of weapons/armor or drops gold and only a couple items. If the former, she's glitched. If the latter, you done fukt up.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I usually get a few every Difficulty. They drop often enough with reasonably set up MF and some running. I had most success with barb with find item who eventually even found Shako in Rakanishu innards.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you're really hurting for gear you can hope you glitched out Andariel's loot table. If you took the town portal she creates once she dies and talked to Warriv to Sail East immediately after your first kill then her loot table will always assume you're getting the first time kill on her

And that works in D2R too? I think I did fuck off east right after I killed her. Ish. Gotta go back and re-kill her I guess.

Also are golds always straight up better than yellows?

Btw how often do legendaries drop in D2? I still have zilch, no golds, no greens and I'm about half-way in, end of Act 2.

If by "halfway in" you mean you are still in Normal difficulty then you shouldn't expect good drops there at all.

Shadenuat

Arcane
are golds always straight up better than yellows
Yellows can be p powerful. Depends on slot. Even blues have some uses, although don't know if it's same now (i remember people hunting for them phase blades).
They were more powerful before they introduced more of the various affixes/suffixes which means they now roll in a lot more trash. Before finding something like 3-resist ring was almost normal.

Sykar

Arcane
Watched Kripp's stream yesterday, they all automatically went Classic.
So veterans normally play without LOD? And why are runes considered garbage? Too OP?

Common runeword from normal can give you gear that will take you to countess on hell outpacing every gear you find for next who knows how many hours. In loot game this is serious issue.

Vanilla D2 gear you found was important. Rares were the best and no two builds were the same as rares would roll widely different. In LOD everything important is either set item or runeword.

The strong runewords came with 1.10 and the retarded synergy system. Before that LoD was fine overall. What really ruined it for me was shit like Infiniderp, Dupenigma and the ever present Insight which almost everyone was running who did not have access to Infinishit or had enough leech to not worry about mana.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Also are golds always straight up better than yellows?

Depends on how the yellow rolls. Uniques are good because you know what you're getting and can target them but yellows have the potential to be just as good or even better. Certain modifiers are always desired like very high enhanced damage rolls, ethereal with self-repair, two open slots, etc.

The problem comes from them having to compete with bonkers shit like the Grief runeword. A yellow would need to get insanely lucky to match or exceed that. In fact if that ever did happen for you then you should be very pissed off that such a stroke of luck did not manifest in some other way in your life.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw as a noob I went automatically for a Barb, not metagaming at all. I just like to smash. Trying to go for a Frenzy build but should I regret? I'm watching YTs and strems where Sorceresses and Necros absolutely wreck shop with their AoEs and summons. They kill stuff like 10x faster than me. In D3 Barb was an S-Tier speedrunning build, here it's a joke.

Is a non-Whirlwind Barb even viable on the hardest diff? I guess his 1v1 damage could get p. crazy with Frenzy but I suspect going through the hordes will be a slog.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom