Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Twinsen's Little Big Adventure - reboot from original creators

Cazzeris

They surely will do a complete gameplay overhaul. The old games were nonsense, can't see how they could be considered acceptable nowadays

But it would be great to see some creativity and imagination make a comeback. The colourful part of the nonsense

Terra

Cipher
Hopefully they'll stick with the purely isometric look of the first game, the early-3D look of LBA2's exteriors look like trash now when weighed against the beautiful interiors (LBA2 exterior camera was garbage too).

Curratum

Every time you see washed-up fogies trying to "reboot" a well-liked series from 20+ years ago, you know it's going to be so so bad.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am an absolute quivering little bitch for this series. Defined my childhood.
So yeah, kind of hesitatingly excited about this!

Siel

Arcane
Patron
I hope it is not "adapted for modern standards", as it would completely ruin the game.

Does he look like modern standards to you?

60ba3ef67fc397879ded688b-RAYNAL-Fr-d-rick-Ludoid-600-600x600.jpg

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I looked up his credits since then, doesn't inspire confidence that I hadn't heard of any of them.

Didn't know he was on Alone In The Dark though

Bliblablubb

Arcane
LBA1/2 were the only games outside his usual prestigious adventure games my dad took interest in as well.

They better not fuck that up, it would be like pissing on his grave. :argh:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Every time you see washed-up fogies trying to "reboot" a well-liked series from 20+ years ago, you know it's going to be so so bad.
On the other hand, he's french. By proud tradition he will look at how 'muricans/brits/germans do it, than do the complete opposite.
Since nobody does those games anymore, it could actually just stay the same, but better looking.

Or it becomes a voice operated MOBA game in a South Park graphic style.
You never know what artsy bug bites them...:hahano:

lightbane

Arcane
I hope it is not "adapted for modern standards", as it would completely ruin the game.

It's a reboot. If it wasn't adapted for "modern standards", they wouldn't bother in first place and would release the third game instead.
By "modern standards", I meant to "wokify" the game, by adding stuff that is clearly made by rote such as stronk dark-skinned women with afros (TM), useless males, all white people being evil or idiots, attacking Trump, ugly women, promoting "liberal values" (or even communism outright), etc.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://blog.2point21.com/p/lba-relentless-twinsen

Help us choose a name
LBA Vs Twinsen Vs Relentless

Depending on where you live, you might know Little Big Adventure - the first one released in 1994 - under different names:
  • Little Big Adventure

• Relentless: Twinsen’s Adventure

• Twinsen’s Adventure

• Little Big Adventure: Twinsen’s Adventure.
4 different names for the same game!

For Little Big Adventure 2 - the sequel released in 1997 - you might know the game as Little Big Adventure 2 or Twinsen’s Odyssey. 2 different names for the same game. Much better than LBA1, but still too much.

We would like to change this situation and have one single name - brand - for people to relate to.

We chose the name: Little Big Adventure.

We chose it for many reasons:

• because it’s the original name decided by the team at Adeline

• because it fits more with the tone of the game

• because it opens the game to new heros other than Twinsen
So, the new episode we are developing will be named: Little Big Adventure - … (you really thought I would tell you now? )

To create coherence for new players, it’s time to rename the first two original episodes.

Little Big Adventure 2 or Twinsen’s Odyssey will be renamed as: Little Big Adventure - Twinsen’s Odyssey (this one was easy).

For LBA1, it’s way trickier. So we are asking for your help. The prerequisites are simple. We need the name Little Big Adventure (for Europeans) and the word Twinsen (for the rest of the world).

Below are the 3 ideas we came up with :

1/ Little Big Adventure - Twinsen’s Adventure

It’s the most obvious choice. It’s already the name in Germany. One drawback: the word adventure appears twice

2/ Little Big Adventure - Twinsen’s Quest

It’s a reference to one of LBA1’s most famous titles of the OST.

3/ Little Big Adventure - Twinsen’s Destiny

It’s a reference to the Destiny of Twinsen to become a hero

Which one do you prefer?

Cast your vote and like the below comments : 1, 2 or 3!

Terra

Cipher
They all sound bad tbh and by removing the number from LBA2, it's just adding additional confusion. Should unify it as LBA/LBA2 now, among the niche/cult following the series has on the web, I've barely seen anyone online refer to it as Twinsen, a tiny fraction used Relentless but LBA seemed to be the prevailing winner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom