Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Harebrained Schemes General Discussion Thread

Will HBS stay on the path of the incline?

• Yes, it will always stay on the right side

Votes: 26 9.7%
  • For some time yes, then it will inevitably fall

Votes: 45 16.8%
  • It already started becoming a decline

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • It is alrady a decline

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • It was never an incline to begin with.

Votes: 69 25.7%
  • How the fuck could I know?

Votes: 47 17.5%
  • kingcomrade in order to make well thought answers meaningles

Votes: 18 6.7%

• Total voters

V_K

Arcane
It seems sensible enough to me; you can't take their items and put them into your stash, and they're responsible for re-buying their own supplies, not you.
I don't mean between-mission resets, that's fair enough. But they also reset (at least for the bots) inside the missions, when you e.g. get to another dungeon floor if that floor is represented as a separate map.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Isn't there a codex pet theory that HBS took over VTMB2? FPS fits the perspective..
A mystery, but they've been working on a horror game since 2019 and their job listings made it clear it was going to be turn-based https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-discussion-thread.106230/page-5#post-6474192

Calling it FPS may just be their idea of a joke (would be rather odd for Paradox to buy the Battletech and Shadowrun people and tell them to make a game in an entirely different genre). :P

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Isn't there a codex pet theory that HBS took over VTMB2? FPS fits the perspective..
A mystery, but they've been working on a horror game since 2019 and their job listings made it clear it was going to be turn-based https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-discussion-thread.106230/page-5#post-6474192

Calling it FPS may just be their idea of a joke (would be rather odd for Paradox to buy the Battletech and Shadowrun people and tell them to make a game in an entirely different genre). :P

At one point Mitch Gitelman said they were working on two games, so the horror game isn't necessarily the turn-based one. After three years of radio silence who knows what's going on there though.

nimateb

Augur
HBS will never make anything close to dragonfall again.
compare the credits of dragonfall to battletech
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/shadowrun-dragonfall/credits
https://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/battletech/credits

Half the people listed in shadowrun are interns, temps, or QA. The core team was very small. And many of those people are either missing or had very minor roles in battletech per the credits.

This explains the abysmal drop in quality between shadowrun games and battletech. Very sad.

Humbaba

Arcane

Half the people listed in shadowrun are interns, temps, or QA. The core team was very small. And many of those people are either missing or had very minor roles in battletech per the credits.

This explains the abysmal drop in quality between shadowrun games and battletech. Very sad.

Many such cases. The vidyagaem industry has a notoriously high turnover rate, mostly due to notoriously shit working conditions. Those poor assholes need unions.

Yeah, unpaid interns do all the work, boss takes all the credit, everyone praises boss and belittle interns for being entitled. Capitalism 101.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Many such cases. The vidyagaem industry has a notoriously high turnover rate, mostly due to notoriously shit working conditions. Those poor assholes need unions.

HBS's glassdoor reviews are 100% positive filled with nothing but people who talk about what a great place it is to work. :M

Smerlus

Educated
Just fucking tease something already. They were pumping out game news quite frequently before they were bought out and now turned into mutes.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just fucking tease something already. They were pumping out game news quite frequently before they were bought out and now turned into mutes.
Easy to do when you're crowdfunding and your own publisher. Now they have to abide by Paradox's marketing strategy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm, the Shadowrun games are coming to Nintendo Switch next year, published by Paradox:

Last edited:
Dragonfall was EXCELLENT. Imho, the best iso RPG in the last 15 years at least. These people need to get back to making more of that type of game.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
hong kong had the best team for sure. racter and gaichu > everyone else. i also always put gobbet in the team as the token female. that lolsorandumb gamer girl is0bel and that whiny fag duncan were left behind at the base.
the dragonfall team was just okay. i didn't like dietrich and blitz. eiger wasn't bad i hated her at first but she got better. glory was my waifu. my ideal shadowrun team would honestly be gaichu, racter and glory. wish i could just shoot the rest.

I think a Dragonfall type game with actual exploration (ie larger freeform maps with optional content) would be the bee's knees.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Hong kong is a better game than dragonfall,don't know why people prefer df over it. Maybe they just dropped the games and didn't play the HK. In all aspects it is a better game.

vibehunter

Learned
Hong Kong doesn’t get enough love. The setting, premise, and characters were more interesting to me than in DF.

There’s a lot of potential in HBS Shadowrun that has yet to be realized. I really hope they haven’t dropped the series for good. 2 games is not enough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom