Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gods: Lands of Infinity

Andhaira

Arcane
I never played this but I recently read about this. I hear its actually prety good. The movement/combat is in the style of realms of arkania, in that its first person exploration and 3rd person combat. Also, TURN BASED KOMBAT!!

So, can anyone tell me more about this puppy, and whther its worth getting?

Sir_Brennus

Scholar
Oh, well I bought the game when it first released and also the Special Edition a year later, just because I WANTED THE FUCKING SEQUEL!

SPOILER ALERT
>
>
>
No, seriously - the game ends with an absolute stupid plot twist and "to be continued". Nothing else.
>
>
>
SPOILER OFF.

The game features JRPG game mechanics. The combat is not turn based but round based and always plays out in arenas.The item and character system is boring and unoriginal at best and broken at worst.

The most problems mostly derive from the fact that the game is unfinished. They added some alchemy stuff in the SE but it simply wasn't enough.

There is nothing of real substance in the game, no interesting NPCs, no C&C and a disappointing story line that amounts to almost nothing.

I LIKE the etheral fairy-tale like look of the game, but I HATE the bugs - and the game has lots of them.

Cypron Studios Homepage is considered maleware by Google nowadays. That does not bode well for a sequel. Hope is all I have left by now...

denizsi

Arcane
The Exar said:
Jaesun said:
Wyrmlord said:

nope. Watch the startup intro for V:TM Redemption. NOTHING ON EARTH is this bad.

Watch the evil ending then. :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RQH3XnP ... re=related

Seeing that stupid bitch saying ahs and ohs and then a spoiled moron showing his platinum fangs and playing a pretentious monologue to himself. Yeah, real twisted.

A user named cat

Not sure if I'm thinking of the right game, but aren't the developers for Lands of Infinity the ones who banned even customers from their forums if they complained about the game? They'd say the user just doesn't get it, is an idiot and doesn't appreciate old school style RPGs.

denizsi

Arcane
Not a terrible approach in my opinion, provided that the users really were idiots, which, in most cases, is a terrible understatement.

mondblut

Arcane
Phantasmal said:
aren't the developers for Lands of Infinity the ones who banned even customers from their forums if they complained about the game? They'd say the user just doesn't get it, is an idiot and doesn't appreciate old school style RPGs.

Hm, I like their approach. Idiot users who don't appreciate old school style RPGs *should* be banned from the forums.

DraQ

Arcane
mondblut said:
Phantasmal said:
aren't the developers for Lands of Infinity the ones who banned even customers from their forums if they complained about the game? They'd say the user just doesn't get it, is an idiot and doesn't appreciate old school style RPGs.

Hm, I like their approach. Idiot users who don't appreciate old school style RPGs *should* be banned from the forums.
Sounds like Bethesda, why would anyone want that?

Balor

Arcane
DraQ said:
mondblut said:
Phantasmal said:

Sounds like Bethesda, why would anyone want that?

Bethesda bans anyone for dissing OLD SCHOOL RPGS!!?
Why hello, oh person from a parallel dimension. I'm surprised that you survived here, given how different are laws of physics from where you came from.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
mondblut said:
Yeah, um, we tried that in a forum called Gamers Against Phail, a place meant for mainly 80s and early 90s TB RPG fans. It was a place for people who cared only about numbers and not story or fluff.

But after banning a few people who dared to have different opinions and forming a little collective of people who unanimously agreed on everything, it got incredibly predictable. So much so that since we knew that in every topic we all would just start saying the exact same things that we have passionately spouted for years in several other places, we thought, "Fuck it, let's just get to the spamming and trolling."

The end result was everyone getting burnt out and bored so quickly, the forum shut down.

We then all formed a new forum on Invision, and just said, "Whatever your opinions, just come and post here." There is no place for a forum where you have to control what people say.

Andhaira

Arcane
Is there anyone here apart from Sir_Brennus who has actuallly played this game? If so plz share your experiance.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
based youtube vid it's a sidescrolling knife throw action game with high scores.

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
The GODS platform game was actually pretty awesome (great sound), but it's a different game than the OP is talking about...

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Jasede said:
IF HE WILL FACE
THE FEAR OF THE
ANCIENT CITY
INTO
THE WONDERFUL
INTO
THE WONDERFUL

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom