Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Btw when you use "hideous laughter" on enemy armies in crusader minigame, it seems that the AI slows down 100000 times. Every enermy army turn last like a minute.
DarkUnderlord I think you can now understand the desperate and urgent need of this button:

VcEXoPZ.gif
It just works! x

Please, this thread is unplayable without it.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Can someone explain what these numbers are even supposed to mean?
For example, here is the armor class table from AD&D
image.png

So if you have 2 AC, you have equivalent protection as someone wearing Plate Mail + Shield.

So, what does "100AC" represent in Pathfinder? Surely it's not just some silly anime-tier powerlevel number that keeps going up with no real meaning... right?

It's a bit of a misnomer really, calling it "armor class" - it's a more abstract concept that includes both armor and the ability to avoid being hit for any number of reasons. As the guy said above "how hard it is to hit you." And with a build like BolshyPlays, it's a big stack of a lot of interweaving conditional tricks that rely on high dexterity. 20 of those AC are conditional while fighting, it's actually 80AC just standing there (i.e. ready to be attacked but not yet actually fighting).

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
One only thinks of it as "inflation" if one is glued to the concept of "armor" per se, but if one understands it in the more abstract sense that it's meant, it makes sense.

Dexterity, nimbleness, etc., are always going to be more effective in terms of avoiding being hit than armor - in fact if anything, armor means you don't have to rely on nimbleness as much (although I'm sure most of us here are clued up enough to know about plate armor not being "clunky" and actually allowing for a lot of dexterity and nimbleness).

Armor per se should really be a separate concept that takes effect if a hit gets through, included in something like "mitigation" or "damage reduction," and "armor class" should be renamed to something more abstract like "avoidance rating" or "defence rating" or something like that. e.g. for plate armor, it's more like a "glancing blows defence" effect, but with helmets being vulnerable to bludgeoning; for chainmail something different again, more like straight mitigation or damage reduction against certain types of weapons.

I suppose the struggle is always finding a nice balance between detailed simulation and having the system simple enough for a bunch of drunk nerds to understand :)

Last edited:

volklore

Arcane
I was pissed about Black Water's enemies because of that high AC until i remembered that Ember is more than just a Fire Nuke and has AC debuff.. Black Water was a piece of cake with Evil Eye.
Evil Eye is stonk.
I tend to forget ember is anything but a hex spammer lel

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The more I interact with Wenduag, the more I think someone on the writing team just wanted to write a tsundere Viconia catgirl fanfic.

Someone out there has a custom Wenduag body pillow.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I reached Daeran's personal quest area. By Crom, this voice actor sounds like an average streamer reading the text out loud.

Thonius

Arcane
Is it normal to suffer so much as a necromancer in crusader mode?? I get 5 units weekly reinforcement and sometimes after battle I get between 20 and 40 basic undead troops. I also got 15 vampires in an event but they aren't anything special so the whole time I had to rely on random mercenaries. A I doing something wrong here?
yes you are wasting your time on crusade mode instead instaling auto win mode

I like both kingdom management and crusade management and want more of it. :)
I actually like management because it's like kingmakers but I already got tired of combat thingy.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
eXtgaBI.png

Very cool, never seen this interaction before. You actually have to FAIL a skill check to get this item.
Thank you, Pink Eye.

Where you got this?
Presumably from the discussion in the Defender's Heart where the oread is insulting the crusaders? I don't think I've ever failed that skill check (diplomacy or knowledge world), so I'm not sure.

Edit: Yep:
Where to Find Power Fist, the Gauntlet of Punching
  • You can get them from Pink Eye, during the same conversation where you can obtain the Claw of Jistka.
  • While talking to Endarah, if you fail the skill check trying to defend the crusade from her critique, you can say "I think he has something to add", and the monk will reply. If this is triggered you will get Power Fist, the Gauntlet of Punching from him, right after getting the Claw of Jistka.

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
Where you got this?

Presumably from the discussion in the Defender's Heart where the oread is insulting the crusaders? I don't think I've ever failed that skill check (diplomacy or knowledge world), so I'm not sure.

Edit: Yep:
Where to Find Power Fist, the Gauntlet of Punching
  • You can get them from Pink Eye, during the same conversation where you can obtain the Claw of Jistka.
  • While talking to Endarah, if you fail the skill check trying to defend the crusade from her critique, you can say "I think he has something to add", and the monk will reply. If this is triggered you will get Power Fist, the Gauntlet of Punching from him, right after getting the Claw of Jistka.

Correct. Gotta fail the check though

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Crusade mode is bugged to hell and back for me. A lot of traps straight up do not trigger.
A second bug however makes my life more pleasant, there has not been a single ambush while resting yet, and often I do not even field guards. Balance in all things.

Also lol at the game giving you barely any str characters. I wanted to use the little Hellknight as I found it amusing that my party is me and Ember at neutral good and 4 different shades of evil, then I saw he is a fucking dexlet like everyone else aswell.

The MVP of my party iiiis drumrolls the animal companion.
Prinny the Velociraptor now has 4 attacks, pounce, +5 strength before buffs. I slap the Azata buff for +2d6 radiant on him, and he shreds enemies to pieces.

All of the companions are kinda shit, among Ember, Wenduag, Nenio, Daraen, Camellia; Wenduag is probably the strongest, next to Nenio who just spams haste and slow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom