Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
If you want you can run the sagas you have for guild xp.
Nah, not worth it. I already did what one person could do - more than half of codexia current renown is mine. Let's be real here - i have 0 chances to reach next ship tier upgrade alone so why bother.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Wait, so i can just send mail to my bank character and invite it into codexia? Don't need to it be online? And that's it? Cool. I'm doing some quests for coin lords and kundarak for inventory and bank slots so might as well do something productive.

fj9UAfC.png

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Wait, so i can just send mail to my bank character and invite it into codexia? Don't need to it be online? And that's it? Cool. I'm doing some quests for coin lords and kundarak for inventory and bank slots so might as well do something productive.
Yup. If you want you can also increase the guild bonus you get by sending invites to characters on another account. Your guild renown bonus is based on your modified guild size, which is the numbers of members from different email addresses. You can look up your modified guild size by hovering your cursor over your guild level in the guild tab. You get a 300%bonus to guild renown with a modified guild size of 6, which is the max. So having characters recruited from 6 different email accounts will give you the max bonus. This video explains it in more detail here

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
Also, they must have fixed the ingredient drops for the new epic item crafting system. With my buddy I ran the epic house denith quests on Epic Elite and we got 60 pack ingredients which was enough to upgrade a heroic item to epic at the new crafting altar in the Twelve enclave.

Speaking of Epic, it really is a lot tougher than heroic. I can see what people mean when they say Epic Elite is as hard as heroic Reaper 1. My character has pretty good gear from Epic Keep on the Borderlands and the Auction house, but I can't get any aggro or enemies will just kill me in seconds. Without my friend tanking I would be screwed. Haven't leveled up my primary epic destiny yet though. Maxed out Legendary Dreadnought and am currently leveling Grandmaster of Flowers. Once that is done I will move on to Shadowdancer which is custom made for my rogue.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Speaking of Epic, it really is a lot tougher than heroic. I can see what people mean when they say Epic Elite is as hard as heroic Reaper 1.
Actually much harder. It's remnant from time before reaper when elite was hardest difficulty in the game. In most epic elite quests monster cr is almost doubled compared to epic hard. Now there is situation in the game where reaper quests are actually easier than elite because of accumulation of reaper points. Basically if you are strong enough to do elite do reaper 1 instead - it's simply better in every aspect.

deama

Prophet
There's a massive quest pack coupon out for lord of the rings online, is there one for DDO out too?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Mark my words - tome of learning will be on sale next week. Because i decided to buy it at full price now.

Codex Year of the Donut
Seriously, I've been wondering what keeps you playing this game for so long.
It's fun and the dungeons are usually well designed(much better than any alternative)
It's too repetitive though. They really need more variation in quests. Would it hurt to have some quests that are just stop and smell the flowers variety?
There's a couple quests in the Sharn addendum that are decent examples of this.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
It's fun and the dungeons are usually well designed(much better than any alternative)
I totally agree but he must've been doing those for five times each already. I watch a couple of streamers, they just run through same stuff non-stop life after life. I'm wondering what keeps 'em running.

Codex Year of the Donut
I totally agree but he must've been doing those for five times each already. I watch a couple of streamers, they just run through same stuff non-stop life after life. I'm wondering what keeps 'em running.
There's far more content/build variation than games like Diablo 2 and such and people have been playing that for decades.

Lhynn

Arcane
Theres also the fact that theres so much varied content you never really feel like you are farming anything. Every single mission is unique and memorable, which is pretty insane for an mmo.
I wish they would work a bit more on the gameplay though, movement feels very outdated.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Theres also the fact that theres so much varied content you never really feel like you are farming anything. Every single mission is unique and memorable, which is pretty insane for an mmo.
I'd agree with you if I saw those streamer guys actually read anything, they click stuff like they're playing WoW or something and then just run forward, clicking mindlessly until they die, which happens rarely due to them having massive amounts of buffs.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I would love to see codexia alive. Maybe we could even gain some levels and buy new ship. Or something.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I would love to see codexia alive. Maybe we could even gain some levels and buy new ship. Or something.
Sadly I'm already in a guild. It is just me and my friend and the two of us are having a blast going through the game. Maybe you could recruit infidel, rusty_shackleford and that Pale Master guy whose name I keep forgetting. Playing together with someone else really does make a difference.

Having people dedicated to roles like tanking and trapping really lets you push the boundaries of difficult content and allows you to do those few quests that require a bunch of people.

If you want you can try sending invites to anyone without a guiild tag attached. Maybe put out a message in the general chat to catch people just coming off of Korthos. I don't know, does anyone have any other guild recruiting suggestions.

roll-a-die

Magister
I've been trying to get back into this, ish. I've got next to none of the expacks(I just recently bought Ravenloft, but that's it right now, considering picking up Sharn in the next few weeks.) EDIT: But did pick up the quest packs when the coupon code was going on a year or so ago.

Any advice for a chucklefuck trying to figure this game out? I'm on a first life level 6, been playing a solo halfling rogue with the great-crossbow spec right now. And I'm struggling to figure out what content I'm even supposed to be doing...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Join codexia - we have ship. Well, sort of...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom