Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestion for Best Choice and Consequence Game (not specific to any genre)

thelegend

Learned
I like good choice and consequence game. It may be related to game story or combat or combination of both.

Deus Ex may be a good example for both combat and story in my opinion.

Falksi

Arcane
Witcher 2. The first of it's 3 acts doesn't have that much C&C, but the second act varies wildly depending on various choices which you make during the first, and the last act and ending does to a fair degree too.

All choices tie in with one another, and you really have to play it through 3 or 4 times to see it from all angles.

It's a proper top notch example of C&C gaming at it's best and, despite it's popamole flaws, a shit hot game all round.

Last edited:

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Roguelikes, other cRPGs won't even come close.
I mean real roguelikes, not whatever crap is being passed off as it on steam nowadays.
Name one “real roguelike” with actual C&C, you can’t even name one.

Codex Year of the Donut
Roguelikes, other cRPGs won't even come close.
I mean real roguelikes, not whatever crap is being passed off as it on steam nowadays.
Name one “real roguelike” with actual C&C, you can’t even name one.
All of them. The games are designed around your actions having (often irreversible) consequences.
Choices having an actual impact on gameplay is something cRPGs rarely ever manage to implement on any level. CRPG choice and ""consequences""" is you seeing an extra dialogue option.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Choice select Ogre mage as starting species... Consequence you can't slice enemies to pieces and eat them. He's too intelligent for that.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Wildermyth has story-based C&C that can have a considerable impact on gameplay, in addition to mechanical C&C involving character customization and resource consumption.

wvwoyPG.jpg

27xt7N2.jpg

eNLQOWr.jpg

I2onajA.jpg

AoL2k1w.jpg

thelegend

Learned
Alpha Protocol is the best choice and consequence game, though probably not the best game with choice and consequence.

I want to play alpha protocol.But iam not able to find the game. Can you let me know where can i download it

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nothing ever came close to Pathologic, it is an amazing C&C game, way more complex than 'choose A and 1 happes, or choose B and 2 happens'

thelegend

Learned
Nothing ever came close to Pathologic, it is an amazing C&C game, way more complex than 'choose A and 1 happes, or choose B and 2 happens'
Pathalogic 2 is a good game. Still waiting for the other parts

Vezok

Novice
Have you heard of Life? It's a very hardcore game. There are no saves, the character creation is random, your stats are random, and your choices will affect the rest of the game.
Depending on your choices, the story will be very interesting or very boring. But since there are so many random factors that you can't control, I can't say I recommend it.

Actually answering the OP, Dishonored tracks how many NPCs the player killed and reflects that in future levels. The more you kill, the more guards and rats are in the city, and you will get a dark ending.

Ash

Arcane
Actually answering the OP, Dishonored tracks how many NPCs the player killed and reflects that in future levels. The more you kill, the more guards and rats are in the city, and you will get a dark ending.

This is your nomination for best C&C game? Dis-fucking-honored. You...I...uh, whatever I give up with decline enablers. :negative:

Vezok

Novice
This is your nomination for best C&C game? Dis-fucking-honored. You...I...uh, whatever I give up with decline enablers. :negative:

Of course it's not my best C&C game, but it is rare for a stealth game to reflect past actions. Hitman Blood Money somewhat tried it with Notoriety system but it was useless if you played for Silent Assassin rating. Hey, at least I didn't list David Cage games.

thelegend

Learned
I finally got alpha protocol to work in my computer. I have a bad luck of crashing my computer when i play good games like alpha protocol and fallout

thelegend

Learned
Looks similar to maxpayne 3 blurry vision .Maybe Maxpayne 3 has got some inspiration from alpha protocol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom