Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tao

Savant
So yesterday, i somehow bugged my MC with a permanent 25 spell resistance from the ring of procrastination... I don't know if i'm happy or annoy. I hope i can unbugged it later when i got home.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Have been playing for awhile now, restarted several times and what a buggy mess. Was right to not remove it from inventory. I will though, when it becomes somewhat close to a full release.
MC a kineticist on the Demon path and running with a mostly ranged party of psychotics - seriously wtf. Wenduag, Camellia, Daeran, Nenio and Ember. Each of them is severely unhinged one way or another. Nenio is a bit of a weak link, but the only source of wizard spells.
Also what is up with the Lich? Isn't a lich supposed to be STRONK? After he went some AoE in the first (which was almost fully healed by Daerans channeling) turn he did nothing of note so I just wailed on him with arrows, blasts and scorching rays. I guess the AI got confused by the skeleton mass which was keeping him occupied. Playing on core diff.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Have been playing for awhile now, restarted several times and what a buggy mess. Was right to not remove it from inventory. I will though, when it becomes somewhat close to a full release.
MC a kineticist on the Demon path and running with a mostly ranged party of psychotics - seriously wtf. Wenduag, Camellia, Daeran, Nenio and Ember. Each of them is severely unhinged one way or another. Nenio is a bit of a weak link, but the only source of wizard spells.
Also what is up with the Lich? Isn't a lich supposed to be STRONK? After he went some AoE in the first (which was almost fully healed by Daerans channeling) turn he did nothing of note so I just wailed on him with arrows, blasts and scorching rays. I guess the AI got confused by the skeleton mass which was keeping him occupied. Playing on core diff.

To be fair, those are all traumatised people who either were born and raised in a demon-infested hellhole, or came here of their own free will - not the sign of a sound mind. I remember an interview with one of the creators of the Planescape setting, where he stated that 90% of all people are Neutral (not True Neutral), and anyone who is outside on a different alignment is somehow fundamentally broken.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
He’s pretty weak, even on hard.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Can I save Kyado or is he dead as soon as I walk into the crypt (playing lich)?
Should I just buy his exclusive valuables now or can I wait?

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Can I save Kyado or is he dead as soon as I walk into the crypt (playing lich)?
Should I just buy his exclusive valuables now or can I wait?
Only Trickster can save him afaik, he don' t really sell anything that rare.
The pyro ring is something I think I want or does someone else sell it? Also, where is the alchemist merchant? As an azata she’s at your special area but idk where they are now.

Zumbabul

Savant
Just got the same dialogue, I’m a lich overlord surrounded by degenerates, furries and faggots.

I can’t believe the gnome is the only non retarded and chad companion.

These words describe exactly how I felt in chapter 1. Every companion was either a degenerate or a faggot. Probably, some of them were both. All companions just annoyed me (probably with the exception of Ember).

So, I reloaded my save, where I first appeared in the tavern, and made a party of the mercs. Immediately, I started to enjoy the game. All annoyance just went away. My mercs had much better personalities than the game companions. They were silent, respected my authority, didn't make retarded comments, and none of them was a faggot.

But then I reached Regill. And this was the moment where I said to myself "maybe I losing something by not taking him into my party". However, at this point, I was too attached to my custom mercs.

Werdnicus

Learned
A word of advice Kineticist Liches out there, who I assume are 0.1% of the playerbase:

When you transcend and finally become undead, you lose your CON stat. This in turn makes you unable to accept more than 3 points of burn, and you turn into an even more useless turret.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Presented without comment.
lKXk7MK.jpg
So it's confirmed now, this game was written by Unreal, Tweed, and Jasede. Good to know.

Ember is also always barefoot, there is also one barefoot PC portrait so we can safely assume that they've taken some pointers from JarlFrank as well.

Rieser

Scholar
A word of advice Kineticist Liches out there, who I assume are 0.1% of the playerbase:

When you transcend and finally become undead, you lose your CON stat. This in turn makes you unable to accept more than 3 points of burn, and you turn into an even more useless turret.

So where do you get the CON-based stats from instead?

Was thinking about doing a Lich run next, but obviously that changes whatever build I might go with.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath

So where do you get the CON-based stats from instead?

Was thinking about doing a Lich run next, but obviously that changes whatever build I might go with.

Charisma, so Overwhelming mage is a sound option.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I remember discussion in Kingmaker about making Jaethal - an Undead - a Kineticist. Considering her WIS, Psychokineticist seemed to be OK, but definitely not a usual one, because her CON is counted as always 10 for all checks and feats.

smaug

Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Just got the same dialogue, I’m a lich overlord surrounded by degenerates, furries and faggots.

I can’t believe the gnome is the only non retarded and chad companion.

These words describe exactly how I felt in chapter 1. Every companion was either a degenerate or a faggot. Probably, some of them were both. All companions just annoyed me (probably with the exception of Ember).

So, I reloaded my save, where I first appeared in the tavern, and made a party of the mercs. Immediately, I started to enjoy the game. All annoyance just went away. My mercs had much better personalities than the game companions. They were silent, respected my authority, didn't make retarded comments, and none of them was a faggot.

But then I reached Regill. And this was the moment where I said to myself "maybe I losing something by not taking him into my party". However, at this point, I was too attached to my custom mercs.
Daerun is a bisexual faggot but he’s got decent dialogue and reacts a lot more than other companions, so take him along if you ever decide to do some story companions and Regill of course.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Interesting. Dark Elementalist works for kineticist? And are kineticists great in this game? I mean, with the crazy bloat in this game, your kinetic blasts are still dealing a crazy amount of damage?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Dark Elementalist works for kineticist?
Wasn't Dark Elementalist considered the weakest in Kingmaker? Because of the need to harvest the souls?

I remember Kanerah's build was not that well liked.

It wasn't also lore friendly, since Dark Elementalist is probably one of the most horrifically evil classes in the entire setting. Kanerah is evil, but not comically so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom