Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

jackofshadows

Magister
BTW, how different are the faction quests? Entirely different quests or the same basic tasks with a slightly different angle?
The latter with a few exceptions.
Is there a function/buff I'm missing?
Nope. The cost I think is suppose to oppose stuff from "supporter packs" just as portable press for ammo which could be bought for ~20k rubles in-game (wtf even).

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Ah, forgot to check compatibility between the op mod and that junk rifle. Turns out, it is the best for general purposes then if not the best (lul). On drugs you can shoot 5 aimed shots per turn with her. I suspect it has a shitty range though so you still wanna have something like Dragunov for shooting bums from afar like in the Underground.

Yeah, with the related crafting perks and mods it's hard to beat, especially for the money, and ammo is cheap and plentiful. Opponents drop AP 7.62x39 left and right.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Atomboy

finished it.
on expert mode, 14 days ingame, around 99 hours gameplay time

my feedback regarding some quality of life improvements, the lack of that bugged me throughout the game

• more inventory item filters ( for craftting materials, junk etc). I see the button than shows you vendor preferences has more indepth categories. 15 % of my gameplay time was used hunting junk in my inventory UI
  • the ability to enter a game UI menu without being forced to close it from the "close button" /pressing escape (example: directly switching from inventory UI to character UI by simply pressing the corresponding shortkeys for that particular UI)
  • item tooltips appear too fast in inventory UI (option to set activation duration?); I can't see items in inventory because the tooltip is obscuring the inventory UI contents while scrolling up/down the inventory UI
  • the ability to select multiple different items/ item stacks from inventory with the purpose of moving from character to follower, for selling etc (keeping pressed a key + mouse click items, selects them for moving in alltogether)
  • when moving a stack of items (eg, from a box to inventory), the splitting stack menu should not appear by default! splitting stack menu should appear by holding a key while moving stack/clicking stack

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
what are the weapons that can be used only with the power armor?

I only found 3

1. a melee weapon that can be bought from the guy that sells you the armour
2. a grenade launcher from the sunk truck
3. a high caliber rifle found in the underground complex

are there any others?
I remember that the guy selling it tells you about a machine gun made to be used with the the armour?!

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I haven't seen any others. I also haven't found an upgrade for the 'back' slot.

Given the amount of achievements I've missed, there are quite a few quests I must have skipped. KGB bunker and cow quest in particular. There is a man with a cow in Grey Corner, but conversation doesn't lead to anything.

Minor bug: one of the treaded robots in the final bunker spawned inside the large door. If you've hacked the FoF of the system turrets, they can't target it and will glitch in and out of combat until you destroy it yourself.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Many perceive Seventh Heaven as small

In the game there is a NPC that says that the real 7th heaven are the lavish houses on top of old buildings of the ruling class, and not the round building that it's just the administrative center :)

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
I haven't seen any others. I also haven't found an upgrade for the 'back' slot.

Given the amount of achievements I've missed, there are quite a few quests I must have skipped. KGB bunker and cow quest in particular. There is a man with a cow in Grey Corner, but conversation doesn't lead to anything.

Minor bug: one of the treaded robots in the final bunker spawned inside the large door. If you've hacked the FoF of the system turrets, they can't target it and will glitch in and out of combat until you destroy it yourself.

upload_2021-9-26_16-37-55.png
the back piece I've fount it while exploring, not a quest

the KGB bunker is a scam, doesn't exist. the achievement is not proof it exists ingame

same for me with the cow. no quest there

there are no missed achievements. many of them are only possible only with a dedicated attribute profile

well, I missed the one with the car. didn't saw it in the parking lot

what parking lot? don't know to this day:)

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
View attachment 21037 t

the KGB bunker is a scam, doesn't exist. the achievement is not proof it exists ingame

what parking lot? don't know to this day:)

I think that there is a quest to prove it's a scam which triggers the achievement.
Parking lot is in the outskirts across the street from the market stalls. If you imported a character with a car, it will be there.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
Started playing after finishing ATOM yesterday. Imported my character and did not see that Morphine Doctor that I had in ATOM was changed to Deadly Doc; now the downside of the perk instead of a 50% more addiction chance is that you are addicted all the time and can never be cured lmao. Will be interesting.

Sadly the game runs like shit for me right now even on simple graphics setting with all effects off. I am on a lame laptop right now but ATOM ran fine for me on simple settings. Admittedly Trudograd looks a lot better and more detailed, but I might wait until some patch improves performance.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Atomboy

after finishing the game, some feedback regarding the power armor

I think that the power armor should be a bigger money sink.

# the fuel consumption for walking in it is too low.
power armour should be used as a tactical deployable asset, not running around everywhere in it every day at any hour.
or this privilege should be reserved to the truly autistic players that gather and sell everything that isn't nailed down :)

# also, after buying and upgrading it, there is no maintenance cost as a trade off for the exquisite protection the power armor provides.
the more damage it takes, the higher the repair costs and crafting materials should the player invest.
if the damage received exceeds a specific threshold, the player should be forced to take it to maintenance.

# also a chance that modules get destroyed during combat, thus replacing them would be another money sink (get a module to the guy who sold the armor to you and from then on, he can copy and produce the module for a cost and maybe crafting materials? ).
or a player that has enough points in crafting+ technology, can make a partial maintenance on his own. would be a nice reward for players that chose to invest in crafting & technology as these skills are underused in the game.

#also create more weapons that can only be used with the power armor. (now there are only 3?)
weapons mustn't be too overpowered but can have flair with slightly different stats, and can be obtained via quests or can very rarely appear at vendors.

all you need are weapons with nice artwork like PTRM-ChK has :)

# a nice touch would be that the armor UI art would change to reflect the camouflage scheme the player chose.

another nice touch would be that the UI art would reflect the level of wear and tear of the armor.

eg, below is the power armour UI art with the winter camouflage and with moderate battle wear

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-26_19-0-28.png
    upload_2021-9-26_19-0-28.png
    513.6 KB · Views: 109
  • upload_2021-9-26_19-14-19.png
    upload_2021-9-26_19-14-19.png
    570.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Anyone else find the Flayers fight hard? Finding it difficult to keep Razin alive through it. I could auto-win using Speech but I want to loot those fuckers. Maybe if I put him the power armor with the grenade launcher....

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Been playing this over the weekend, feels like a massive leap over the original in almost everyway.

In particular, the writing generally seems much more polished than the original, though I've noticed a few typos. Other than the overly easy combat difficulty (which isn't the end of the world as I've been solving a lot of quests via speechcraft anyway), I've really been enjoying it thus far.

I was also surprised how much the production values seem to have increased.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I have to say I'm not a fan of the English voice actor for the cutscenes. A deep gravelly eastern European accent would be more appropriate, as in the original. This one feels like story time at the children's library.

It's certainly not the priority to fix if at all but i agree, it feels like nap-time at the childcare center.

what are the weapons that can be used only with the power armor?

I only found 3

1. a melee weapon that can be bought from the guy that sells you the armour
2. a grenade launcher from the sunk truck
3. a high caliber rifle found in the underground complex

Are there any others?
I remember that the guy selling it tells you about a machine gun made to be used with the the armour?

Got a SMG from the SE area outside the city where you use the crane truck.
I didn't check the ammo and didn't used it either so it might be the grenade launcher you're talking about since its damage is insane for a SMG.

Still, the last thing the game needs is more weapons tailored for the armor, it's already a cakewalk...

jackofshadows

Magister
Imported my character and did not see that Morphine Doctor that I had in ATOM was changed to Deadly Doc; now the downside of the perk instead of a 50% more addiction chance is that you are addicted all the time and can never be cured lmao. Will be interesting.
You can change traits after the import. That decision was made partially because of that specific one's rework btw (and many others ofc).

RE: special armor, I'd say craft checks required for installing addons are laughable currently and should be tuned up near to the skill cap, like it would be a part of one's build to have extra-protection from SA, not to mention situation with it in general.

Also it shouldn't work with fucking camouflage suit. Coupled with stealth perk you can neglect the stealth penalty almost entirely. Which barely correlates with the resent SA description changes.
Also, wrote this bit of text for every Special Armor camo pattern description:

К сожалению размеры и производимый специальной бронёй грохот аннулируют камуфляжное воздействие данной раскраски.
Unfortunately, the noise produced by the Special Armor, as well as its bulk, stop the camo pattern from actually masking the unit in close quarters even in the slightest.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
The Trudograd Marketer quest. Do people ever accept the leaflets, or did I pick all the wrong choices? I am not savescumming for a better outcome but I am curious.
The quest has 3 end states - where you gave most of the leaflets correctly (for example to people who had money to waste on cripples, because that makes them rich), if you were mediocre and if you failed utterly. They all reflect on the state of the upcoming store.
View attachment 21007

after I buy the special armour, the guy says he can upgrade it for money.

I have 6 k rubles in inventory but only these 2 options appear!?
You need to be wearing it. Did you wear it?

the dialog interaction takes place with me inside the armour.

sometimes, the dialogue says one thousand, other times ten thousands

when he says one thousand, he charges 10 instead nevertheless

so I guess it's a bug
Must be a bug will fix!
Atomboy the font in interactive cutscenes (like with the card magician) seems to be very small and unscalable on 1920x1080.

Or maybe I am retarded? I can scale the interface, but it doesn't seem to work on interactive cutscenes' font at all.
It should also scale, will look into it.
Atomboy is there only two factions in the game? Capitalist pigs and communist losers? Or is there some good old fasch in it?
Well you can also technically join the northerners or play the anarchist and kill everyone. Anyhow the factions don't really matter in the end game, because for the last few quests you'll probably be working for the government with your factions left behind until right before the end.

I must have missed something. Are you locked out of the police faction if you complete too many revolutionary tasks? The only cop I talked to earlier aggroed the whole station after asking to get smacked in the head, but I save-scummed before it.

What's the red bar for the power armor for, yellow being diesel?

I have to say I'm not a fan of the English voice actor for the cutscenes. A deep gravelly eastern European accent would be more appropriate, as in the original. This one feels like story time at the children's library.
Yes you can only do one faction per game!!!
It's the fuel. The VA was the best we could get, it's a shame some don't like him :(((
If you murder Francis immediately after taking the reward and XP, he doesn't drop the camera.
You broke it as you killed him!
Atomboy

finished it.
on expert mode, 14 days ingame, around 99 hours gameplay time

my feedback regarding some quality of life improvements, the lack of that bugged me throughout the game

• more inventory item filters ( for craftting materials, junk etc). I see the button than shows you vendor preferences has more indepth categories. 15 % of my gameplay time was used hunting junk in my inventory UI
  • the ability to enter a game UI menu without being forced to close it from the "close button" /pressing escape (example: directly switching from inventory UI to character UI by simply pressing the corresponding shortkeys for that particular UI)
  • item tooltips appear too fast in inventory UI (option to set activation duration?); I can't see items in inventory because the tooltip is obscuring the inventory UI contents while scrolling up/down the inventory UI
  • the ability to select multiple different items/ item stacks from inventory with the purpose of moving from character to follower, for selling etc (keeping pressed a key + mouse click items, selects them for moving in alltogether)
  • when moving a stack of items (eg, from a box to inventory), the splitting stack menu should not appear by default! splitting stack menu should appear by holding a key while moving stack/clicking stack
These are some cool suggestions, I think the UI guy is already working on advanced filters and I'll be sure to send over the other stuff. Thank you!
Started playing after finishing ATOM yesterday. Imported my character and did not see that Morphine Doctor that I had in ATOM was changed to Deadly Doc; now the downside of the perk instead of a 50% more addiction chance is that you are addicted all the time and can never be cured lmao. Will be interesting.

Sadly the game runs like shit for me right now even on simple graphics setting with all effects off. I am on a lame laptop right now but ATOM ran fine for me on simple settings. Admittedly Trudograd looks a lot better and more detailed, but I might wait until some patch improves performance.
Thanks! There will be several performance patches in Trudograd's lifetime, though it still will require more than ATOM due to higher poly and some new shaders!
Atomboy

after finishing the game, some feedback regarding the power armor

I think that the power armor should be a bigger money sink.

# the fuel consumption for walking in it is too low.
power armour should be used as a tactical deployable asset, not running around everywhere in it every day at any hour.
or this privilege should be reserved to the truly autistic players that gather and sell everything that isn't nailed down :)

# also, after buying and upgrading it, there is no maintenance cost as a trade off for the exquisite protection the power armor provides.
the more damage it takes, the higher the repair costs and crafting materials should the player invest.
if the damage received exceeds a specific threshold, the player should be forced to take it to maintenance.

# also a chance that modules get destroyed during combat, thus replacing them would be another money sink (get a module to the guy who sold the armor to you and from then on, he can copy and produce the module for a cost and maybe crafting materials? ).
or a player that has enough points in crafting+ technology, can make a partial maintenance on his own. would be a nice reward for players that chose to invest in crafting & technology as these skills are underused in the game.

#also create more weapons that can only be used with the power armor. (now there are only 3?)
weapons mustn't be too overpowered but can have flair with slightly different stats, and can be obtained via quests or can very rarely appear at vendors.

all you need are weapons with nice artwork like PTRM-ChK has :)

# a nice touch would be that the armor UI art would change to reflect the camouflage scheme the player chose.

another nice touch would be that the UI art would reflect the level of wear and tear of the armor.

eg, below is the power armour UI art with the winter camouflage and with moderate battle wear
Thank you! I'll send it to the armor guy, though I believe we made more than 3 PA weapons, but left them unfinished and or untested. Might come in the later patches.

Been playing this over the weekend, feels like a massive leap over the original in almost everyway.

In particular, the writing generally seems much more polished than the original, though I've noticed a few typos. Other than the overly easy combat difficulty (which isn't the end of the world as I've been solving a lot of quests via speechcraft anyway), I've really been enjoying it thus far.

I was also surprised how much the production values seem to have increased.
Thanks! We tried, and we're looking into doing something with the combat rn.
A pack of typos got fixed in the latest patch, more to come!

----------------------------

Hope I didn't miss anything!!!!!!!!
We've got a patch coming up and already working on a content update.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
ATOM team joins Stygian Software and IronTower Studio. Together they form: Triumvirate of Incline.LLC

Your consistent improvement in all sectors of RPG design fill me with hope for the future of our genre. Trudograd is my 2021GOTY

*what about a micro tease of your next game...

Darth Canoli

Arcane
ATOM team joins Stygian Software and IronTower Studio. Together they form: Triumvirate of Incline.LLC

Your consistent improvement in all sectors of RPG design fill me with hope for the future of our genre. Trudograd is my 2021GOTY

Except Iron Towers already has everything it needs, aside from 10 millions to deliver the best RPG ever made.

ATOM + Stygian could be a good match though, Stygian for the combat and the difficulty, ATOM for the engine, the settings, the party-based philosophy (except it has to become full party control).

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

How about they work separately so we get 3 games of incline every 5 years instead of 1 incline every 10 years

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

How about they work separately so we get 3 games of incline every 5 years instead of 1 incline every 10 years
Where did I suggest them working on single game? They should cover different thematic genres, perhaps even invent new ones (Slavic Morrowind when?)

jackofshadows

Magister
Patch 1.02
  • Fixed a bug in the quest "The Taming of the Shrew";
  • Fixed a large batch of errors in radio dialogues;
  • Fixed a package of errors related to thermos mechanics;
  • Fixed a number of visual bugs in the operation of weapon modifications;
  • Fixed a bug that led to a change in the position of the NPC after saving or loading the game;
  • Fixed a bug that led to an increase in damage from the Molotov cocktail after saving or loading the game;
  • In the dialogue with Blaze, the lines about waiting for new content from the Early Access times have been removed;
  • Fixed a bug where, in the dialogue with the Milkman, the answer option did not fit into the interface window;
  • The special armor interface has become more informative;
  • Correction of typos and errors in the text;

Other minor fixes.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1139940/view/2896367976377202927

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom