Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2: Resurrected remaster

Generic-Giant-Spider

This gets to the previous poster, several pages back, who rightfully pointed out that D2 acts are very much like a themepark. Grasslands, sandland, jungleland, hellland and snowland. It isn't thematically tight like Diablo 1, it's "more = better". But the argument of D1 v D2 is a tired one, it's art vs commerce and we all know which the masses prefer...

I dunno, most of the time those areas have some gimmicky themes to them. Like you don't have quicksand in Act II trying to pull you in to your death or having to worry about slipping off cliffs to your doom in Act V. They probably wanted to expand the world more and put in a bunch of different environments and maybe inspire them to expand the bestiary somewhat.

IMO the best acts in D2 would go A1 > A2 > AV > A4 > black edge of screen leading you back to your death > A3.

Always thought Act II got a lot of dumb hate because some niggas got a Vitamin D aversion, only section I hated was Arcane Sanctuary. Everything else was actually pretty cool.

Hellion

Arcane
Screenshot002.png

#LiterallyShaking #CancelBlizzard

Learned
Btw as a noob I went automatically for a Barb, not metagaming at all. I just like to smash. Trying to go for a Frenzy build but should I regret? I'm watching YTs and strems where Sorceresses and Necros absolutely wreck shop with their AoEs and summons. They kill stuff like 10x faster than me. In D3 Barb was an S-Tier speedrunning build, here it's a joke.

Is a non-Whirlwind Barb even viable on the hardest diff? I guess his 1v1 damage could get p. crazy with Frenzy but I suspect going through the hordes will be a slog.

The issue with barb or any other physical damage - melee archetype is how they are completely defined by their damage stick, which leads to slow starts. Even with smart skill allocation and decent know-how, your damage is tied to your weapon. You NEED to be lucky with drops to perform. Casters on the other hand can be more lenient.

Diablo 3's wonderful "solution" to close the gap was to tie caster damage also to weapon DPS. The only S-tier build in D3 is uninstall wizard.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
When using a controller, there's an option to auto-sort your inventory and auto-populate your belt with potions, but not when using M&K. What a strange decision by the devs. :mad:
This -- giving controller users QoL/automation features in games -- is actually a lot more common than you'd think, it's basically the main reason I keep a controller plugged into my computer.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Tried to install 1.07 (lod release) but failed cause i am dum, game asks disc, even though I have it mounted and used regedit to double check disc path.
checked on some mods that allow switch version on the fly, they're not available anymore. eh.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Im lvl 72 on my HC summon necro. So. many. sorcs, everywhere. I love necro! its been a blast, and a few close-calls but im doing ok in Hell act2-3ish atm. farming pit act1.

literally zero ppl play public hc games it seems, and very little trading too.. kekw.

Hardcore 4 ever

Generic-Giant-Spider

Hey luj1 you pussy, come square up and defend those ratings ya lil pug-nosed jabroni. I've seen your picture, you ain't even tall.

hello friend

Arcane
Act 3 is a pretty cool dude, don't get all the hate. Running around fights you cba to take is not always possible, but I feel it's always worth keeping 1-2 stamina potions in inventory. Seems like most ppl don't use them, and you don't need them very often depending on Vit investment but every now and then they'll brighten your day.

Generic-Giant-Spider

If all of Act 3 was as visually strong as the Durance of Hate, it'd be an easy contender for top act.

Zlaja

Arcane
Is a non-Whirlwind Barb even viable on the hardest diff? I guess his 1v1 damage could get p. crazy with Frenzy but I suspect going through the hordes will be a slog

If you wanna a newb friendly build for Barb to take you through hell difficulty, i suggest concetrator Barb. It kills slowly, but it's one of the strongest builds defensively. It requires some decent gear, but so do all Barb builds. Choose freely between 2-handed or shield (both choices are viable).

:bunkertime:

Act 3 is a pretty cool dude, don't get all the hate

I like the Durance of Hate part, and that wide open village area before it. But the rest of Act3 is cancer. The sounds of those fucking midgets, while rushing towards you. :mad:

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
Is a non-Whirlwind Barb even viable on the hardest diff? I guess his 1v1 damage could get p. crazy with Frenzy but I suspect going through the hordes will be a slog

If you wanna a newb friendly build for Barb to take you through hell difficulty, i suggest concetrator Barb. It kills slowly, but it's one of the strongest builds defensively. It requires some decent gear, but so do all Barb builds. Choose freely between 2-handed or shield (both choices are viable).

:bunkertime:

Act 3 is a pretty cool dude, don't get all the hate

I like the Durance of Hate part, and that wide open village area before it. But the rest of Act3 is cancer. The sounds of those fucking midgets, while rushing towards you. :mad:

Always reminded me of:
mqdefault.jpg

ferratilis

Magister
So any of you effected by being locked out of your characters after the recent server maintenance? :D
Luckily, it was only a level 10 character for me. I've been having connection issues from the beginning, so I switched to single player completely. That's how I played Diablo back in the day, anyway. Luckily, we now have runewords in single player.

Also, guys, the sound design in this game is amazing, and I'm only using a shitty Hyperx gaming headset. Any audiophiles with a good pair of Audio Technicas, for example, will jizz when they play this game. Amazing work by Vicarious. Sound is not something people usually care about in this genre, but some of you may appreciate it.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also, guys, the sound design in this game is amazing, and I'm only using a shitty Hyperx gaming headset. Any audiophiles with a good pair of Audio Technicas, for example, will jizz when they play this game. Amazing work by Vicarious. Sound is not something people usually care about in this genre, but some of you may appreciate it.

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 58X and the sound is indeed great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom