Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

Higher Game

Arcane
Let's look at something on topic for this thread.

In case this would be no free speech RPG only discussions, there would be another BIG can of worms.

Strategy games and RPGs are typically based on stories between different species, each with different birth rates, and different lifetimes. And fast breeders can easily replenish loses from war, thus they are typically more aggressive. Both from ability to replenish dead from war, and from population pressure that hints they should EXPAND at cost of theirs neighbors.

On one side there are elves, which are eternally young, have low birth rates, and strong birth rate control. On the other you can see orks and other relatively fast breeding species.
A fast breeding species either gets money from raiding theirs neighbors, or simply expands into theirs neighbors.

You can see quick problems this could cause in hypocritic societies of current Europe and US, and how a sensible discourse about differences between different species would end in arguments worse than arguments about Hitler. Or Nazi. Or about a keeping a black person near car exhaust until the black person who overdosed on pain killers dies. The culprit was of course a hot exhaust because sitting on a neck is normal behavior. But they have solution, electric cars doesn't have hot CO gas exhaust, thus they are safe. Forcing everyone to use electric cars would solve the whole problem of policemen not using brain. Poor would pay additional running costs of electric cars.

So what RPG discussion would be as controversial as the above paragraph?
It's simple. Some genetics are rapidly mutating, thus they need continual corrections by warfare, and by breeding more than 2 children per family. Now of course forcing that species to have birth control the same as different species would genetically degrade that species. ...

Which would rapidly degrade into finding parallels with NGO sponsored immigration waves.

It's so weird how the fantasy races, to anyone red pilled, are a spoof of somatotypes and r/K selection strategies, but normies can only see race while loudly saying they aren't racist.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
wtKXdN8.png

SumDrunkGuy

I was actually thinking about a possible RPG (I call the concept "Niggaz" but of course it could change) that would be set in a US ghetto. The player would sell crack on the street, shoot competing dealers and engage in rap battle minigame. There is a lot of untapped potential in this area tbh fam.

CrackHouse Cleanup invented this subgenre and it's pretty spectacular. I'd be down for a RPG version.

I remember playing it back in middle school and the teacher's assistant (for retard kids) watched the whole thing and the look on her face was hilarious. It was the look of pure horror.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
When I was 10 I made a game in QBASIC that was similar in spirit, called New Orleans Police Quest. It was much more nuanced and morally ambiguous though. It challenged the player to consider if maybe they were actually an antihero.

Gastrick

Cipher
Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
DU has sequestered himself in his mancave until a decision has been made. He will spend his time in deep contemplation while playing his xbox and consooming doritos and mountain dew.

We will have to patiently await the signal. When dorito flavored smoke rises from the basement we will know a decision has been made.

Generic-Giant-Spider

So you were in Special Ed?

There were two types of special ed classes in middle/high school that I remember. The first was the typical genuine retards who couldn't do anything without a parent-teacher around to monitor their every move because they were that retarded. Many kids, including yours truly, would make fun of them or have them do/say stupid things for the amusement of others. The second special ed class was for future criminals and lost causes. Usually these kids got into fights daily, swore at teachers and never did any actual work. They were pretty much disruptive to a full classroom and it was in the belief of teachers their highly evolved attitude of not giving a shit would rub off on everyone else so they put them in cell block D. I learned years later one of the guys in that class actually became a successful lawyer and married well.

And here I am eating beefaroni in some shitty basement apartment.

gaussgunner

Arcane
If this is all a ploy to get me to make the most of the Codex before it goes to shit, it's working.

I also have more time to waste here because the rest of the internet has already gone to shit.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I'd love for the codex to continue as is, but if DU's position becomes untenable then I sure won't blame him for ending things one way or another.
In that case, thanks for keeping this place running for so long, it really became one of the few forums on the western web where you don't have to spout the party line and nothing but. Warts and all...

DarkUnderlord you ever talk to Null from Kiwifarms about this stuff? He was recently looking into his options as well after getting subpoena'ed (iirc) in the U.S, and I dare say his site contains much more actionable stuff...

Anyhoo... Surely this nonsense ruling can't stand? There've got to be plenty of website owners and freeweb weirdos campaigning against it?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyhoo... Surely this nonsense ruling can't stand? There've got to be plenty of website owners and freeweb weirdos campaigning against it?

We are talking about Australia, where you literally have the police strangling people in the street for not wearing a mask.

Somehow I wouldn't expect any reason or sanity from the legislators.

Codex Year of the Donut
The title seems a bit confusing to me, as if it's an either or choice.
Which category does 'thread discussing an RPG getting moved to a hidden subforum' fall under?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom